Chapter 24: Banana Cocoroco Blunder

POV: Savannah

Everyone began whooping and hollering when Colin's face turned bright red, and he began pouring a shot.

"Oh come on Colin," Sean persisted, "is it that embarrassing?!"

"At this particular moment? YES," He said, downing a swig of the Cocoroco.

His face turned an even deeper red as the alcohol scorched his throat. He tried to calm everyone down, but they all kept teasing him as he went to spin the bottle. I was already embarrassed enough, and of course, the bottle happened to land on me.

"Savannah," he said calmly, licking his lips, and folding his hands over his lap, "will you use at least four out of your five senses to describe to me the... banana... that you had last night?"

My heart stopped...

"What are you talking about dude?" Reece asked.

"Well," Colin tilted his head and looked up as he began talking to Reece, "see, we got drunk, and she had this banana. I tried to keep it away from her because I didn't know how she felt about it, but she insisted she was ok with it, and I would just like to know how she feels about all of that now..."

"Was there a problem with it or something?" questioned Sean.

"No mate," he began smirking at me, "I can assure you... it was a very good banana"

He knew exactly what he was doing to me and I didn't find it funny at all.

"Can he ask another question?" I announced, breaking eye contact with Colin, "it's a dumb question, he wasted his turn."

"If it's dumb, answer it," he demanded lustfully, biting his lip as I looked back into his crystal blue eyes, "you know what, you can even do three out of five... if that helps with some of the more challenging descriptions, such as smell... or sound."

"Yeah I mean, It seems like a harmless question," Ryan shrugged.

'Freaking thanks Ryan....'

"Alright, here you go... three senses," I began, looking directly into Colin's eyes to make sure he knew exactly how I felt about everything, " the banana looked great... really appealing—"

"Haha get it, because bananas peel? Appealing?" Ryan laughed, and Colin shot him a disapproving look, "never mind, continue..."

"Touch wise, it was very uh," I began to sweat, "I guess you'd say—"

"Bananas are usually considered ripe," He said, leaning forward in his chair, "or firm... If that's the word you're looking for—"

"Bananas can be soft," Jen added

"Yeah, but not good bananas..."

As Colin got more comfortable in the chair, I couldn't help but move around in mine. He was watching me like a hawk, and I could tell he was loving every minute of it...

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I replied

"and taste?" Colin asked excitedly, raising an eyebrow and putting a hand over his mouth. I decided to give in and tell him what I knew he wanted to hear.

"It tasted amazing... sweet, like nothing I'd ever had before," I finished my sentence and broke eye contact with Colin.

"I didn't know you planned to use that against me..."

"I didn't, it's just something I'd never ask you sober, and I really did want to know," he claimed, "last night was the best night of my life Savannah, I would never use that against you..."

We all sat in silence for a while. I was going over the events of yesterday night in my head, figuring Colin was doing the same, and I assumed everyone else was trying to figure out what the heck a banana had to do with any of this.

"Alright so I guess it's my turn again right?" I spun the bottle, and guess who it landed on... The worst person it possibly could, Ryan.

"Oh wow, again," I said, "I'm not taking a shot so give me a second..."

"It's a sign," Ryan suggested.

I smiled up at him, "I guess the only thing left to do is ask if you want to go on a date sometime?"

"I'm gonna use this whole, 'only asking you so I don't have to drink a shot'  thing to my advantage, and say yes... I would love to go on a date with you sometime."

He smiled and spun the bottle which landed on Jennifer.

"Hey Jennifer, I've also just met you so forgive me, but have you ever had a pregnancy scare?"

At that point, I was SO grateful my spins were landing on him, and not the other way around. He was casually breaking out the big guns, and these poor people were taking all of the fire.

"If I don't say no, and I take a shot, then you guys will obviously know it's a yes, so I think I'll just go ahead and answer yes I have, BUT I was also engaged once too, so that's my excuse."

"True, true," Ryan agreed, putting his hands in the air.

Jen smiled and spun the bottle.

'You've got to be kidding'

The nozzle was pointing straight at me...

"The bottle really likes you," Jen joked as she prepared a good question to ask, "okay Savannah... who'd you lose your virginity to?"

I was wrong earlier... Colin's question didn't make my heart stop, this one did.

"I quit" I said

"NO"

"THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS"

"SIT BACK DOWN"

I knew that if I chickened out, everyone would hold it against me forever, so I decided to stay and play.

"Well, who was it?" Colin asked, as he began filling a shot glass.

"I'm gonna answer it, just give me a second," I fired back, "if I answer, you have to drink that."

"Fine," he said, "I'll probably need it... especially if you say it was that Louis guy..."

"Ooohhh who's Louis?" Ryan smirked.

Everyone began gossiping and laughing about my previous love life right in front of my face, but I wasn't worried about them right now... I was deciding whether to answer the question or not. I didn't think I could handle the alcohol, especially the next morning when I woke up, but I was also pretty sure I couldn't handle everyone's reaction to who I lost my virginity to...

"I place my money on Louis," Colin wagered, Sean and Reece agreed, while Jen and Ryan waited to see what I'd do.

"Colin," I said

"What?" He asked, still waiting for my reply, "listen Savannah, stop stalling with me and answer the—

"Colin," I repeated, "that's my answer..."