Chapter 15: Wrong Place Wrong Time

POV: Jennifer

————— Friday —————

7:15 P.M.

"That's a wrap," Called out the producer, "Nice job finishing early today everyone!"

As I began walking back to my trailer, Colin appeared next to me.

"We need to talk," he demanded.

"Not now we don't, I'm getting my keys from my trailer and going straight home Colin."

"Did your boyfriend decide to stay?"

"He hasn't called me back yet— It's none of your business anyway."

"Tick-tock, It's already seven o'clock," he jeered.

I rolled my eyes as I got to my trailer and opened the door, somehow, Colin managed to slip inside and took the liberty to sit on the sofa.

"leave"

"It'll only take a minute"

"Heard that one before," I griped.

"Why'd you do it."

"Do what Sherlock?"

"Reece"

"You can't be serious Colin!" I was so tired of having this conversation with him, "It's not worth it, I'm done talking about it."

"Just amuse me Jennifer," he pleaded, walking slowly towards me until he was close enough to reach out and put his hand on my cheek. "Doesn't this bring back memories... You and I, breathing in each other's air—"

"Get to the point," I commanded.

"What does he have that I don't, I mean the lad looks like the equivalent to a McDonalds french fry, which by the way he should eat more of because he's borderline underweight... I never understood why he was so tan I mean—"

"Are you done yet?"I asked, growing bored of his opinions, "He's a sweet guy who's been through a lot, he actually does some modeling by the way... Why do you insist on insulting him?"

"I can assure you that I'm pretty sweet as well, In more ways than one..." he claimed, raising an eyebrow and slowly running his tongue across his lips.

"Ok Colin, we're done here, " I said awkwardly, going over to the counter to grab my keys.

As I turned around to leave, he blocked the door and began raising his voice.

"Taking your clothes off for him the first time you spend time together... Now why would you go do such a stupid thing like that? how much of a..." his voice trailed off and his vision shifted from me to the floor.

"How much of a what Colin? How much of a whore could I be?!" I finished his statement for him, "NEWS FLASH COLIN, I NEVER SLEPT WITH YOU BECAUSE I DON'T LOVE YOU!"

"BUT I LOVE YOU!" He shouted, "AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO TELL ME!"

"Colin I wasn't going to tell you because I knew It'd hurt you!"

"So now you care about my feelings?"

"LET IT GO COLIN."

"I CAN'T JENNIFER!! I can't just turn it off like you can!"

"Colin I haven't turned anything off—"

"I'm sure you haven't... You've been to busy spending all of your time turning Reece on."

"Oh my god! I can't believe—"

"Jen—" he cut me off, "I left my wife to be with you because I thought we had something."

"No you didn't, she left you because you had to work all the time."

"Is that what I told you?" A fake smile crept onto his face, "Hmm, guess it wouldn't be the first time someone has lied to you to get what they want."

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!! Why are you SO jealous of Reece? I NEVER wanted things to get serious between us because I KNEW one of us would end up getting hurt! WHAT EXACTLY IS IT YOU WANT COLIN?"

"I BLOODY WANT YOU!" he bellowed, voice unsteady from the pain he felt inside.

Before I could stop him, he gripped my waist and kissed me.

"Colin—" I tried talking, but It was pointless. I couldn't stop his lips from crashing into mine.

He threw me down onto the couch and confessed, "Jen, I want you... and I know you still want me too."

He was sitting on top of me, my legs buckled between his, "I really don't th—" I couldn't finish a sentence. Anytime I needed to speak, I needed to gasp for air more.

'If it were any other day, and I didn't know Reece...' 

My thoughts lingered and I pushed them away...

'I did know Reece, and it wasn't any other day.'

I finally came to my senses and demanded him to stop. He looked down at me longingly.

"Colin... I love Reece," I said, reaching up to comb his hair back from his face with my hand. I wasn't mad at him for anything he'd done that day. He was hurting, and If it were the other way around, I'd probably be desperately throwing myself onto him too.

"Ok Jen, If that's what will make you happy," he said in a soft voice as he started to get off of me.

"Thank you," I replied, flipping over on top of him and kissing him on the cheek. That was the moment when I could tell things between us were finally beginning to settle down. I was ready to have a life with Reece, and to have my old friend back. Things were finally looking up for us. All of a sudden, the trailer door swung open...

"Jen I—"

Of course, I was still sitting on top of Colin...