Chapter 74: Talk To Me

POV: Savannah

"Colin, somewhere along the lines you changed," I insisted, holding back tears, "We both changed—"

"Did I change, or did you just stop loving me?"

I could barely understand a word he said as he spoke through his hands, but it broke me down anyway. Colin wiped away a few more tears and lifted his head to see that I was crying as well. For a few moments, all he did was stare. Eventually, he mustered up enough strength to scoot closer, and wrap his arms around my waist, engulfing me in a warm hug. I cried in his arms as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"It's all going to be ok love," he assured shakily, "don't worry yourself too much..."

"I loved him Colin," I whimpered softly.

"I know..."

Colin moved one of his hands away as he sniffed and dried his eyes once more.

"The worst part is the fact that that he didn't believe me until it was too late..." I whimpered softly, letting out a faint laugh, "He thought I was in love with you... Crazy right?"

"Yeah... because you being in love with me is something that could never happen..."

I looked up to him and he forced a smile.

"Colin, I didn't mean it like that—"

"Yes you did," he insisted, "but it's ok– I get it... He was there for you when I wasn't, and I'm sorry for that."

Colin shifted and got up from the couch.

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching him make his way into the kitchen and rummage through the pantry.

"I'm drinking..."

"Oh no you're not," I insisted, hopping up as fast as I could, and heading into the kitchen area.

I made it just in time as Colin popped the cork out of a rum bottle.

"Nope," I stated, whisking the bottle away before he could pour a glass.

"Give it back—"

"Colin you're an alcoholic"

"What can I say? A pirate likes his rum," He insisted, "I can stop whenever I want. Give it back love—"

"That's exactly what an alcoholic would say..."

I saw fire in his eyes as I tipped the bottle over the sink. A small stream trickled down the side, causing him to grit his teeth.

"Savannah, that's Flor de Caña Centenario—"

"and..?"

"It's expensive, don't waste it—"

"If it's that important then you shouldn't have opened it. Drinking alone and drowning your sorrow isn't a special occasion..."

I pressed the bottle to my lips and took a swig.

"I'm not an alcoholic Savannah, now will you stop?!"