Chapter 26: Jealousy

POV: Colin

The next morning, I awoke feeling terrible. Not just because of the alcohol, but also because of last night's conversations. Finally getting out of bed at 2 p.m, I decided to see what I had in the kitchen that was good for hangovers, and text Savannah to tell her that we needed to talk later.

"Hey Colin..."

I stumbled down the last step as I finished pressing send, "Jen, what the—"

"I came to talk," she said, making herself comfortable on the couch in front of my stairs.

"I don't feel like talking right now..."

"Come sit Colin," she suggested, patting the couch, "It's important."

"How did you get in my house?"

"Last time you threw a party, you got drunk and told everyone where you keep the spare key... You should probably change that hiding place."

"Probably," I noted, walking over to sit next to her, "What is it you wanted to talk about Jen?"

"So you finally got laid?"

"Jen, no," I said, "we definitely aren't talking about that..."

"Why not? She's pretty..."

"Look, I know you're just taunting me right now and I don't find it funny. She's so nice, and I probably just ruined her life."

"That's not what I'm doing at all," she claimed, putting a hand on my leg, "I'm happy for you... really. She's a lucky girl, I'm sure she sees that."

I looked into her eyes and realized her hand was now following a stroking motion down my leg,

"Uh, How are you and Reece?" I asked, confused on what her motives were.

"We're great," she said, climbing on top of me.

"Jennifer don't do this right now neither one of us—"

"Come on Colin, don't get all soft on me now," she said, moving her hand to the middle of my waist.

"I assure you I'm most definitely not going soft," I said, pressing her closer to me as we locked lips.

I pulled back, as she moved down to kiss my neck.

"Jennifer," I began, breathing heavily, "Jen w—"

"I love the way you say my name..."

I stopped talking, took off my shirt, and began unzipping her dress. I wanted this for so long, but I just couldn't get past thinking about Savannah, and how I practically ruined everything with her.

"Why do you think Savannah let me—"

"Why are you still talking about her," she asked, running her hands through my hair, "you have me, wherever you want..."

She went to unbutton my pants, but I stopped her and looked into her eyes.

"Jen I've wanted you for the longest time, and now, all of a sudden... you come in my house and start taking off your clothes. Number one, I think you're still a little hungover or something from last night, number two, you've got a good thing with Reece, why are you willing to ruin that?"

"Why are you asking questions now? Any other day you would've been happy to go do—"

"Ahh, I think I see... you're jealous!" I smiled, "I'm asking questions because I think I might have a chance with Savannah, and I don't want to ruin that, but you do!"