Chapter 33: AWKWARD

POV: Savannah

"Thank you everyone!" Ryan shouted into the mic as he and Colin waved goodbye to the crowd, and began walking off stage.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Reece and Jennifer emerge from the bathroom, red-faced, and just in time for the end of their performance. I could've sworn they weren't supposed to be a couple...

"That was amazing you guys," I said, giving them both hugs as they began walking back towards the table

"Thank you Savannah," Colin said, "we ready to go?"

Everyone agreed, silently nodding and looking around at one another.

"Alright then," Con said, "We'll spend our New Years Eve night at the Pacific National Exhibition!"

We all headed towards the exit with smiles on our faces. Colin made an attempt to place an arm around my waist, but Ryan walked between us before he could.

I got in the limo first, which caused some tension between Ryan and Colin. There was only one seat next to me and Ryan happened to reach it first, getting as close to me as physically possible, making sure Colin couldn't squeeze in.

"Savannah, you should come sit over here with me..." Colin suggested

I tried getting up, but Ryan wasn't going to let me move.

"Why?" Ryan asked, testing Colin's nerves to the maximum.

"Ryan, shut up," Colin snapped

"Tell me why"

"I need to show her something"

"Pass your phone over here"

"I don't want everyone else—"

"What exactly are you trying to show her that everyone can't see Colin?!"

"Why do you care, RYAN?!"

"BECAUSE!!! What are you trying to show her that's SO important and can't be seen by anyone else?!" Colin opened his mouth to speak, but Ryan cut him off, "THERES NO REASON FOR HER TO BE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU UNLESS YOUR ABOUT TO WHIP OUT YOUR—"

"RYAN PLEASE!" Con shouted

Ryan's face was red with the anger simmering inside of him. No matter how mad he was, he always listened to his father... that was one thing I admired about him.

"I'm sorry dad, but—"

"Don't be sorry, this whole thing is the girl's fault," said Mrs. O'Donoghue

"The girl has a name," Colin snapped

"Don't use that tone with me—"

"DON'T CALL HER 'GIRL', SHE—"

"COLIN, WHY ARE YOU STANDING UP FOR HER? SHE SLEPT WITH YOUR BROTHER FOR GOD SAKE! SHE HAS NO MORALS... WHY COULDN'T YOU FIND A NICE CATHOLIC GIRL?"

"Oh, THAT'S what this is about... Religion..."

"That's not all It's about. You deserve to lead a happy life with someone who loves you as much as you love them. You need someone who will respect values and beliefs, someone the exact opposite of her"