Chapter 43: Getting Heated

POV: Savannah

The bell rang again, dismissing us from class, and the day went on. The whole time I couldn't focus because I had one thing on my mind, Ryan. The more I thought about him being my teacher, the less I felt like doing any school related activity.

The end of the day finally came around, and I decided that I needed to stop by Ryan's room and get everything off my chest. I stormed down the hallways and into his classroom where he was packing his bag to leave for the day.

"Oh hey Savannah, how's—"

"You think you can just come into my school and make a fool out of me Ryan? Well you can't... you can't just pretend to be someone else by putting on a suit every morning and—"

He slammed his bag on the table, "Contrary to what you may believe, I am a teacher here and you are the student... I don't answer to my students will," he said, raising his voice at me, "Now you sit down, let me do my job, and have a conversation with me like an adult, or you can get out..."

We both looked over and saw Hannah standing in the doorway.

"Is this a bad time?"

"Nope, it's perfect. Savannah and I are done here—"

"Whatever Ryan, your job doesn't involve hitting on students, just remember that..."

Hatred filled his eyes as I walked out of the room.

"I can't believe I actually liked you! If you're gonna be two faced, at least make one of them pretty!" He shouted down the hall.

I was already well out of screaming range to say anything back to him, and I wasn't trying to get expelled because of his petty remarks. I walked out to the parking lot and got in the car with Reece.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, don't talk to me. I just wanna go home..."

Reece decided not to say anything, and began to back out of the parking lot.

When he dropped me off at home, Colin was already there waiting for me.

"Hey, how was your day?"

"Terrible, awful, the worst—"

"What? Why?"

"I don't wanna talk about it. I just wanna go to bed," I said, walking upstairs.

I entered my room, flopped down on the bed, looked at the clock, and fell asleep.

* * *

I was woken up in the middle of the night by the rustling of Colin climbing into bed next to me.

"Ughhh," I groaned, "we have separate rooms for a reason..."

"I know, but we didn't spend any time together today," he said, lying next to me and gently placing his hand on my arm, "now what's wrong?"

I looked over at the clock and saw that it was almost nine o'clock.

"Colin... what's the worst thing you can possibly think of for our relationship? Who's the one person that always causes problems for us?"