Chapter 87: Tears of Love

POV: Savannah

"Don't cry," he said shakily, "This can only bring us closer..."

"That's what they all say," I insisted, "and then they forget I exist..."

There was a long silence and I heard a sniffle from behind me.

"Colin—"

"Go to sleep love..."

He ran his fingers though my hair and hovered over me to kiss my cheek before turning over and laying on his back. Now that I knew he was awake and aware of my crying, I wanted to talk to him. I flipped onto my other side, and I was now facing him.

It was dark, and I couldn't tell exactly what was in front of me, so I reached out my hand to get a feel for things. I ended up patting him on the stomach, and slowly moving up to his face, trying not to accidentally slap him in the process.

Once I had my hand on his cheek, I scooted in closer and rested my head on his chest, wrapping my arm around him in the process.

He turned his head to face me and I leaned in for a kiss. The kiss felt like an eternity as I pressed my lips into his. He rolled over on top of me, and pinned down my hands. I felt a drop of water splash on to my face as he pulled away slowly.

I separated my lips from his and he rested his forehead against mine. I felt a drop of water splash onto my face as he laid face to face with me on his side.

"Are you crying?" I asked concernedly,"You can't cry—"

"I'm not," he insisted, grabbing my hand.

"Now you're lying..."

Our fingers intertwined, and he gently rubbed his thumb back and forth on my hand. We laid there for a while, and I was pretty sure he had fallen asleep, until he spoke.

"Still awake?"

"Yeah, how could I not be?"

He let go of my hand and turned on the lamp next to me.

"Savannah... Promise me. That's all I want," he insisted, leaning on his arm, and looking into my eyes, "Just a promise that you'll never forget us or what we had... Tell me I changed you somehow, let me know that I had at least some impact on your life... Promise that you will always remember our first night together, and our last. I just want to know that you still care, because I know I do... Losing you was hard enough, but I don't want to go on knowing that I meant absolutely nothing to you..."

His jaw clenched, and he dropped his head. I put my hand on his cheek and smoothed down the hair on his face to calm his nerves.

"Colin I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me, but words just aren't good enough... Yeah I couldn't here and tell you how much I love who you are, and gush about how the sound of your voice brings a smile to my face, but It's just not enough..."

He gazed up and into my eyes, painted with an expression of gratitude and sadness.

"That's all I needed to know," he insisted, smiling sadly and reaching over me to turn off the light once more.

I didn't heed any warnings as I reached up and brushed my fingers through his hair, and kissed him with full force. He stopped what he was doing and gently placed one hand on my face, and tilted his head. He pulled away and looked into my eyes, but this time, neither of us spoke, and neither of us wanted to stop.

He pressed into me as I gripped the back of his neck. I couldn't tel if this was what I wanted, or if it was what I needed...

Colin pulled off his shirt, and worked on taking off mine. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't take my mind off of Ryan. I hadn't been with anyone other than him in a long time, and I didn't know how to act. Colin's kisses moved down to my neck, and chills ran through my body.

I assisted him in taking off his pants, and he returned the favor. Colin pulled away, threw our clothes to the floor, and moved his hand to my back. He fumbled around with the hooks on my bra, and I propped myself up, gawking at all of his features and listening to his dramatic breaths.

"Wait Colin," I insisted, placing my hand on his chest.

"What's a matter," he asked concernedly, finally freeing the clasps, "Did I do something wrong?"

"No– What? Why would you think that," I smiled, "I just... I dont know if we should do this... It's not that I don't want to, it's just— I need to make a call..."

Colin nodded as I re-clasped my bra and headed downstairs to grab my phone. I punched in the number, and held the phone to my ear. There was a long ring before I the line finally connected.

"Hey mom. I can't talk right now, I'll call you back later—"

"What? Ryan I—"

"No, no! I really should get going!"

"Ok. Um. I just wanted to know how you were before I made any sudden decisions..."

"Sure, your plans sound great," he breathed.

"You can get back to doing whatever it is you're doing... I guess I'll get back to Colin now—"

"I'm not sure how I feel about that... Maybe you should reconsider the fact that—"

His voice trailed off and I could hear noises in the background.

"What are you doing Ryan? At least have the decency to tell me that!"

"Ok mom, I have to go... I'm busy with my girlfriend right now, and we can talk about this later. I just want you to be happy, even if it isn't with dad—"

"I dont even know what you're saying right now Ryan..."

"I'm saying it's best if you just move on. There's no point in holding on to something that will never be... I'm sorry... I love you, Goodnight."

I hung up the phone and threw it on the couch.

Just move on...

I walked back upstairs into the bedroom and saw Colin looking up with a concerned expression on his face.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah... I just needed a little motivation"

He raised an eyebrow and smirked, "We could've done that in here..."