Chapter 65: Say Your Goodbyes

POV: Ryan

I walked out of Grace's room and downstairs where Ella was tightly clinging to Savannah on the couch.

"Ella go to bed"

"No"

I looked at Ella with demanding eyes and she knew I was pissed.

"Ella... If I tell you to do something—"

"It's ok Ella, do what he says..."

Savannah kissed her forehead and she got off of the couch, brushed past me, and ran up to her room.

"You can't be that way towards her when you just killed every shred of hope she had about living in a happy family," she said, as I walked over to to sit next to her.

"I know," I insisted, covering my face with my hands and rubbing my eyes, " I'm just stressed—"

"We all are... Take me home Ryan..."

I looked over at her and nodded, "Okay Savannah"

She stood up from the couch and walked towards the front door. I pulled my keys from my pocket and followed her outside into the car. I stopped the car backed out of the driveway. It was a long, silent, agonizing drive to her house. Every time I would look over at her, she would be staring straight ahead, zoned out in some alternate reality... It hurt me to see her that way.

We pulled up to her house and I stopped In front.

"Where'd Colin go if he's not here?" I asked.

"Don't know, don't care," she claimed, expressionless as she opened the car door.

"Hey, wait a second—"

I grabbed hold of her arm and stopped her from leaving.

"Let GO of me Ryan!"

She attempted to shake free, but my grip was too tight.

"LISTEN TO ME," I demanded.

She stopped fighting me, closed the car door, and stared straight ahead.

"I know you're pissed—"

"YOU THINK?" she asked sarcastically with tears forming in her eyes.

I sighed and continued, "Savannah... real men make your panties wet, not your eyes—"

"Listen, Ryan, I'm really not in the mood for your terrible analogies," she insisted, "you should go... You have work tomorrow, and a flight to catch afterwards. I'll be fine—"

"No you won't Savannah!" I shouted, squinting my eyes out of disbelief, "Why don't you just stop BULL SHITTING yourself!"

She looked over at me and focused intently on my words.

"Life is like sex, you can either lie back and let it screw you, or you can get on top and ride the hell of it... Right now, you're letting it kick your ass. I'm gonna need you to be the tough woman that I know you are, and get it together. I'm leaving, Reece is leaving, that means no more drama, but that also means no one to run to... All you have to do is accept your love for Colin, why is that so hard?!"

Silence filled the air as we gazed into each other's eyes.

"SAVANNAH!" I shouted, "NOW ISN'T THE TIME TO STOP SPEAKING YOUR MIND! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO—"

"BECAUSE RYAN!" she shot back defensively, "HE OBVIOUSLY CAN MAKE IT WORK WITH ANY GIRL. I AM NOTHING TO HIM... DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT???"

"You're not nothing— Don't you EVER say YOU'RE NOTHING," I bellowed, the pain in my voice and in her eyes grew more intense by the second, "I NEVER want to hear those words come from your mouth again—"