Chapter 73

I ran inside like a mad woman.

This couldn't have been true. No one and I mean no one dared to attack my pack. No one had the right to even look at it the wrong way.

I ignored Charlie who was running by my side and sent him a cold look. I opened the door and walked towards the enter. My people immediately bowed to me in respect.

"Ashton I want all details right now!" I exclaimed in anger causing everyone to quet down. Ashton's eyes widened in surprise. He must have not expected us here sooner than tomorrow.

"Alpha" He bowed in respect.

"We got a code red saying they are rogues in the territory. By the time we got there three of our fighters were dead and there was a note left on the ground."

"I want to see the note" I said immediately.

"Valentina don't you realize how dangerous can this be? You were told to rest! What if it's a trap? You can't risk your life like th-" Charlie began to talk.

"Betta Jackson I would appreciate if you did not get into my business and kept your opinion to yourself." I said coldly causing his eyes to widen in shock before he looked down in anger.

Good he better be ashamed.

I followed Ashton until he came to a halt in front of my office. I opened the door and stepped inside. My eye's immediately caught the red envelope on my desk.

I opened the envelope and took out a piece of paper. I read the note over and over again.

"Keep an eye on what you love the most. Because we will be coming for it."

These words were the ones that caught my attention. We're they talking about Ace? Or perhaps my pack itself.

I shook my head in anger. They were definitely talking about Ace. But how did they know? I doubt anyone has seen us together.

"Valentina this is dangerous" Scar spoke.

"Who could have known about us? Scar,what if they are after Ace? Don't you think we should do something?" I questioned in panic.

"Of course we should!"

I closed my eyes my headache getting the best of me. Who were they? What did they need from my mate?

I felt my cannies come out at the thought of my mate getting hurt. I would destroy, skin alive whoever even thought about touching him.

I wouldn't think twice before murdering anyone who stepped on my way. I was ready for everything and anything for him.

Whoever they are, they will pay for this. I lost my control and growled out loud causing Ashton to look down.

"Send guards all around the pack house. I want you to keep an eye on every single corner of the pack. Send groups of our best fighters in each part and make sure that no one dares to even come close to our territory. And if anyone does then you finish them off with no questions asked. Or you bring them to me, understood?"

Ashton nodded in understanding then excused himself. I dropped the envelope on my desk and took a deep breath. How am I supposed to keep Ace safe, when he is in danger because of me.

How am I supposed to save him if I am the one who is putting him in danger first of all?. I hated the thoughts that came to my mind. But all of this thoughts were for his sake.

Maybe I should just..keep away from him until this whole thing sorts out? I got out of the room only to be pinned to the wall.

"Let go of me" I said in the calmest tone possible.