Chapter 93

The weather was cold. I felt as though every single bone in my body was frozen. The cold wind was blowing against my face and my body was shaking. The anticipation was killing me. Only a few more minutes until I would see him again. Only a few more minutes and I would be fighting for life. But the thought didn't scare me anymore. I knew fighting was better than dying like a coward. 

"Do you feel better?" Alexandra asked me quietly. I nodded solemnly. 

I would feel better only after my mate was safely in my arms. Nothing else would make me feel better. My fingers were on my stomach. Resting there protectively. My little one was there. There was a new life forming inside of me. I had no right to die.

"I want to aploigize" She said through clenched teeth. She was shivering.

"I never wanted any of this. I am not expecting you to forgive me so easily. Hell, I can't forgive myself. But if we get out of this alive...then at least give me a chance"

"I will" I said simply.

My fingers rubbed my stomach protectively. I tried to imagine a better life. A life where I didn't have to die. A life where we could all be happy. Me and Ace were watching our kids play together. My son ran up to me me and hugged me. But then the reality hit me. Real hard. Cause there wasn't a prefect life.

There wasn't a second chance for me. The big bad alpha would get her punishment. It was said that I would die once I reach eighteen. And I knew I would. Wether from the curse. The virus. Or just at war.

But I would keep my heart beating until the end. Until I took my last breath. Until I was no longer the alpha. And I will stay alive to make sure my Ace is safe. Until I make sure that he knows how much I love him.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Ace's point of view.

My heart felt like it would burst out any moment now. I was chained inside the dirty little cell.

"Valentina took your sister as a hoostage. She promised death to all of us if we don't bring you to her by sunrise" The bastard's words echoed in my head like a constant reminder.

To know that she had escaped was probabaly the best news I could hear in this bloody place. But knowing that she was  willingly starting a war angered me to no end. She was uncontrolable. Dangerous. But I knew my Valentina better. She would get hurt.

"She is mentally unstable. Said she'd kill all of us without a single thought" His words continued.

I roared in anger. The chains pressed harder into my skin causing blood to oose out. How dare he call her crazy?

"Ace, something is wrong with her. I can feel it. Scar and I tried to connect. But I think Val is sick" Razor said.

For every single day she has been the only thing in my mind. I wondered where was she? Where did he keep her? Was he beating her? Did she hate me?

The last time I've seen her I said things I never intended too. Bloody hell, I told her I regretted mating with her. But it wasn't true. It could never be true. I marked her peefectly knowing the consuquences. I was ready to die for her. If that's how she would get to live then I was ready to die for her.

I told her I regreted my actions. That maybe we should have waited. I saw her broken betrayed face as I said the words. I heard her calling out my name. But I didn't turn around. I didn't listen to her.

And now, she was in the middle of nowhere. Preparing for a goddamned war that would surely bring something bad. She was probably so cold. And afrid. My teeth clenched at the thought.

The door burst open causing my eyes to move towards whoever entered. The bastard entered the room with two guards behind him. His fingers moved towards my shoulder. I hissed in anger.

The fucker had no right to touch me.

He was staring at the bullet wound on my shoulder. His eyes roamed all over my body in a checking manner. He almost looked hesitant.

"The fuck you staring at?" I spat.

"He doesn't look too good does he?" He ignored my remark and instead conversed with the guards next to him.

"No, Sir." They said in union.

"Then, we can't do anything about it, can we? Just do what you have to do" He said.

"Didn't know you swing both ways. What in hell are you doing?" I was harsh.

"We are taking you to your beloved mate." He spat. I felt my stomach drop and I felt thie aching feeling in my chest.

Her beautiful face was etched inside my mind. I picured her in my head afraid that If not i'd forget how she looks like. Her long raven hair. Her hypnotizing red eyes. I couldn't help but feel like a little child.

"What?" I voiced.

"You heard me. We will take you to her. But she won't get you unless she wins" He said. I kept silent. They were afraid of her. Afraid that she'd kill them all as she promised. Afraid that she would bring hell opon them.

My mind was racing. My heart pacing. My legs weakened at the thought of seeing her again. I knew we wouldn't get away with this without a fight. Before I could react a needle was pressed into my throat. I trashed around angrily.

"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed. The drug they injected me with did it's job in a matter of a second. I felt my body get paralyzed.