Chapter 102

"Ace" I whispered.

For a second I feared that he too could not see me. That I was just a ghost for everyone around me. But then his dead eyes looked straight at me. He breathed out. I stood there. Motionless. Waiting for a reaction. My breath caught in my throat. 

"Ace," I said again. My voice stronger this time. His gaze stayed unmoving and then a small chuckle escaped his lips. I gasped. Not knowing what was going on with him. He shook his head as he closed his eyes. 

"Ace, look at me," I said. 

He held his head and then looked at me. His eyes red from all the crying he must have done. I felt my heart stutter for him. Then he looked at the sky. A bitter expression on his face. A tear escaped his eye. 

"You like doing this to me don't you?" He shouted at the sky. I frowned. 

"You love torturing me. Making me see her everywhere. Well, fuck you!" He shouted at the sky. That's when the realization drowned on me. He thought I wasn't real. I ran toward's him. I fell down on my knees and got my hands on his face. Caressing his cheeks. 

"Ace, it's me, baby. I'm here. I'm real!" I exclaimed as I ran my fingers over his lips. His eyes landed on me. The tears betrayed his pain. His fingers stopped on my face. His fingers caressing my cheek making a small tear fall out of my eye. 

"You look so damn real" He whispered as he put his head in the crook of my neck. 

"I am real, Ace. I am!" I whispered making him look me in the eyes. 

"You even sound real. I love you so damn much, Val. Just know that I'm coming okay?" He laughed while putting a strand behind my ear. I shook my head in anger. What was I going to do now? How could I make him believe me? 

"Okay, my love. I just need you to listen to me okay?" I said while smiling at him. He caressed my cheek. 

"I came back for you. I wanted to see you. But we don't have much time, babe. I came here because I wanted to tell you something very important. You have to listen to me, Ace" I begged. 

"Anything," He said sobering up a little bit. Still not believing me though. 

"I want you to know that whatever happens, it wasn't your fault. I love you. I loved you when I was still alive and I still do. All I want is for you to be happy" I said. 

"Still alive" He repeated my words with pain.

"I have been watching over you. I didn't like what I saw at all. I couldn't take to see you that way. And that's why I came back. I came back to see you for peace. I needed peace" I lied. Anything to make him listen to me. 

"You weren't in peace?" He whispered in tears. I shook my head.

"Did it hurt?" He gulped. 

"Did it hurt for you to be dead? W-Where you scared?" He asked me. I remembered all the pain and torture. The fear of losing my sanity. The desire to get out of there. The burning pain all over my body that made me want to claw my heart out of my chest. 

"No" I lied with a small smile. 

"No" I shook my head. 

"Ace, I came back here for peace. Will you give me peace?" I asked him. He nodded frantically. 

"Will it make you leave?" He asked me. I had to say anything in order to calm him down. 

"No. I will be with you, Ace. Right here. Watching over you" I said as I pointed my finger at his heart. He frowned as he took my fingers into his palm and put it straight on his chest. 

"I'll do anything. Just tell me why the fuck does it hurt so much?" He whispered. I used my other hand to caress his cheek. 

"It will stop. All of it, Ace. All of it will be gone just do as I tell you" I promised. He nodded. I looked around myself. Looking for anything sharp. He had to have my blood in his system. I let go of his hand as I picked up the sharp rock from the ground. Without another word I brought it up to my neck and made a cut on the side. The sharp pain ran through my whole body as heavy drops of blood dirtied me. "Close your eyes, my love," I said. 

" Fuck, Val! Why did you fucking do it? Why did you do it?" He asked me as his eyes widened. 

"It doesn't hurt" I lied. 

"Come on, Ace. Close your eyes" I whispered against the pain. He was hesitant but he obeyed. I stood close to him as I brought my neck towards his mouth. 

"Now, mark me, Ace" I whispered. 

"Kiss me there like your marking me again," I said, knowing it brought him memories. He took in a deep breath and then slowly brought his mouth toward's my neck. His lips connected with my neck and I closed my eyes as he started kissing me there. I smiled in satisfaction, knowing that he was getting the blood into his system. 

"Bite me" I ordered. Knowing it was the only way to get my blood fully into his system. This time he didn't hesitate. His teeth sank into my neck making me bite my lips in pain. He took in the blood and I felt it. His teeth continued piercing me from the inside. 

"Good" I whispered. Slowly, he brought his mouth back licking the remaining amount of blood on my neck. 

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asked me quietly. His eyes on my neck. Where his actual mark was. 

"There is one more thing I need you to do for me" I whispered, knowing it was the hour. The ringing in my head was signaling that my birthday was close. Ten more rings and I would turn eighteen. 

"Anything," He said. 

Ring

"It's my birthday in a minute" I whispered. His eyes widened. 

"I want you to kiss me once the clock ticks twelve" I whispered. 

"Val-" 

Ring

"I want it to be our last kiss. I want it to be my birthday gift. Can you do that for me?" I asked him as I caressed his cheek with one hand. 

Ring

"Tell me the truth. Will you be gone?" He asked me. 

"I'm not here, Ace. I am a ghost. You are the only one that can kiss me. But I promise you. We will be together forever" I coaxed him. He nodded. 

Ring

"Are you really here?" He asked me quietly. I smiled. 

Ring

"Yes. Yes, I am, Ace. And if everything goes right I plan to stay here." I whispered. His eyes widened. 

Ring

"Are you really pregnant?" He asked me through gritted teeth. 

Ring

"I was. I don't know what will happen next. I don't know if..he or she is still there" I whispered. His jaw clenched as he looked down at my stomach. 

Ring

"I was going to be a father" He whispered. 

"You will be a father" I whispered back even though I didn't know that. I just wanted to comfort him in any way possible. 

Ring

"Val," He said. 

"Kiss me," I whispered. 

Ring

And with that his lips connected with mine. One of his hands went down to my waist while the other one held my face. My fingers went up to his neck. Our lips connected making blinding sparks erupt all over my body as I felt Scar's presence inside of me. The kiss was passionate and aggressive. Demanding. Yet I felt the love. 

And that's when I felt the worst pain in my whole life hit me from all sides. My lips stopped moving as I realized what was happening. Blinding lights all over me. Agonizing pain all over my body. I looked around myself and brought my hands up. My skin was glowing. Without another second the darkness consumed me without letting me know what was happening.