Chapter 100

I don't know how long it took for my brain to comprehend what was happening. Slowly, bit by bit I started to regain control over my body. The darkness was unbearable.

The feeling of nothingness was turning into something you feel after you wake up from a long sleep. I tried to move my body but I failed. It was almost like I was paralyzed. Instead, I tried to concentrate on the sounds that were all around me. 

At first, it sounded awful. Muffled voices coming from all over. It was so bad I could compare my hearing to weak human ears. I tried to shake it. Slowly the voices turned familiar. Cries. Silent discussions. I was trying to understand what was happening around me. 

"Can't believe-" An awfully familiar female voice cried. Who was that?

"Stay strong. You know she wouldn't want this from you" An unfamiliar male voice answered back more clearly. This voice I definitely didn't recognize. I heard shattering noises and tried to fasten my brain. What was going on?

"Charlie, I am worried for Ace" This words made my heart stutter. It was almost like I was set on fire once again. Ace. That name I recognized. I needed to wake up. 

"I think he's lost his mind" The voice was recognizable. Sasha.

"I would too" My other best friends voice made me almost take a relieved breath. Charlie was also safe. 

"Look at her, Sasha. Pale. Unmoving. Her heart is no longer beating. She's fucking gone" Charlie's voice was a painful exclaim. Sasha's cries were heard as another man was calming her down. Who the fuck was that?

"Ace is losing it, Charlie. We have to do something. We have to help him. Va-Val wouldn't want this for any of us" Her voice broke at my name. My insides clenched as I tried to move. It didn't work. I couldn't control my body yet. 

"Val would kill us for being in this state. For hurting this much. She would want for us to move on. Even though she never asked for this I know that she would want for us to take care of Ace" Sasha whispered. She was right. If my death was final I would want that. I would need that. 

"But she never asked us what we fucking wanted! She just let herself get killed. She fucking sacrificed herself! She didn't care about us!" Charlie shouted. My body ached. It was painful to hear them argue like this. Thinking I was dead. Sitting next to my dead body. I could almost picture Sasha flinching away. A deathly growl was heard. Was this the mysterious man?

"Don't raise your voice at her" The man warned. 

"Oh, shut your bloody mouth lover boy. I've known her since childhood" Charlie growled back. Something was missing. Was this Sasha's-

"Kyle" Saha murmured softly. 

"Don't tell me what to do, mongrel. She is mine" Kyle snapped. Yes. This was definitely Sasha's mate. Before the fight could escalate to something more serious Sasha stopped them. 

"Stop this! Both of you! My fucking best friend is dead! Our alpha is gone! And our best friend if you didn't forget, Charlie is in danger! Ace is greaving. And if we don't do something it might be too late" Sasha exclaimed in ager. I felt proud. I knew who I had as my wing woman. Who I had as my best friend. Even at this moment, she was ready to fight. She didn't lose herself. 

"I will do anything for her, Sasha. Always did and always will" Charlie's whisper was painful. It was painful for me to acknowledge the fact that he loved me. 

"I know, Charlie. We all loved her. We still do" She whispered back. 

I love you too, guys.

"I don't have the heart to move her from here. I-I know she's gone. But I'm praying for a miracle. I'm praying that she will come back. That maybe, just maybe she will" He said. 

"Ace would kill you if you touched her" She whispered. How much longer did I have to be stuck in this darkness like a vegetable? How much longer until I could jump up from here and tell them that I'm alive?

"Looking at her this way. I'm trying to imagine that she's just sleeping. But I can't hear it anymore. I can't hear her damn heart beating anymore" He muttered. 

"It has been two day's Sasha. You need to rest. You can't stand in front of her...corpse waiting for a miracle. Let's get you to bed" I hard Kyle's voice say softly after a few minutes. Two days? I have been dead for two whole days. What happened? The war. The fight. Ace?

"Kyle, but what if she-"

"What if she wakes up? Sasha, sweetheart. Please don't torture yourself. You have been staring at her unmoving corpse for two whole days. I'm sorry, love. But she's not coming back" He whispered. 

"He's right," Charlie said. 

"You should take her to sleep, I'll stay with...her" He muttered. I don't know how much time passed until Charlie too left my side. I was fighting. Sasha's soft sobs coming from the room next door as Kyle coaxed her. Charlie's deep uneven breathing from his room. And finally the grieving of my pack members. 

All of this seemed to torture me. I fought the darkness. Ace's face shone in my memory. And then the image of him throwing himself into flames. My body burned as though it was real and that's when I felt my fingers move. 

The numbness started to slowly dissolve. One by one I felt every inch of my body regain control. My bones started to ache. And with that, I took a deep breath. My heart started to beat once again. My eyes opened and surprisingly my vision was clear. Sharp. as though I only blinked. 

I looked around myself. I was in my room. My body gently layed on the bed. The windows closed and the light in my room on. As if they were waiting for me to wake up and not be afraid of the dark.

I tried sitting down. My body ached but I managed. With a deep breath came to the door. My eyes gazed on the calendar. It was already march fourteenth. Only one hour untill midnight. One hour until I turn eighteen..