Chapter 94

Ace's point of view

My body was almost paralyzed. I felt like a goddamned vegetable. I tried to fight them but I couldn't. The one thing on my mind was Valentina's necklace on the floor. All I could do before they would take me out of here was take a hold of the necklace and shove it up my pocket before any of them could notice.  They freed me from the chains and I found myself unable to move. They took a hold of my arms and started dragging me out of the cell. I checked my surroundings. 

"We kept Valentina here," The bastard said. My eyes immediately moved towards the cell he was showing. The place looked pathetic. disgusting. But what caught my eye were the four bodies sprawled on the floor. Their bodies were blooded and burned. This surely was her work. 

They dragged me away from there. I couldn't believe that all this time she was so close to me. That she was locked up in that pathetic dirty cell. I clenched my jaw at the thought. I tried to imagine her chained up in there. I tried to imagine her calling for me. But the thought made me lose control. No one dared to touch her. 

They dragged me out of the hallway. Soon we were outside. The sun would soon rise. I noticed a whole army following us. I closed my eyes in pain. They were prepared for a war. How would Valentina pull this off? Did she contact the pack yet? Were they here?

Dave. Or the bastard as I liked to call him followed my sister's scent. I tried to smell Val but I couldn't. How did she mask her scent? My body ached at the thought of her getting hurt. She must be so tired right now. So drained. 

"You will pay for this" I muttered.

I would fucking murder them all If I saw a single hair missing from her beautiful head. If I even saw a little scar on her body that fucker would pay. They all would pay. I would make them pay even if it cost me my life. The thought of seeing her made my stomach drop. My wolf was going crazy. Hell. I was going crazy. 

The rest was a blur to me. They dragged me deeper into the forest. The sun was going to rise any moment now. Just a few minutes and I would finally see her. At some point the stopped. I tried to trash but I was still paralyzed. The chains were out in order to prevent me from escaping. They chained my body and held the ends themselves. I felt like a fucking dog. 

"Three minutes," One of the guards said. 

For a second I thought I imagined it. I thought I imagined the intoxicating smell of my mate. But I knew I didn't. She was close. Too close. My heart thumped in my chest. I felt like it would burst soon. A cry of pain was heard from afar. My heart did a backflip. It might have been her cry. I knew that two of the most important people in my life were somewhere there. One of them was my sister. The girl who is my family. My blood. And the other one was the girl I loved.  The girl who was my everything. My life. 

I knew that one of them was hurt. Hell. Both of them could be hurt. I knew that Valentina could end my sister in a heartbeat. She hated traitors. She knew how much pain Alexandra caused me by her betrayal. But I knew that she wouldn't. She wouldn't do that to me. Yet there was a feeling of worry. I knew that something bad was ought to happen.

Moon Goddess. Please, don't let anything bad happen to her

"Please" I heard a familiar voice beg

My heart thumped as I heard my sister's voice. The voices were coming behind the shadows. Dave stiffened next to me. Everyone was prepared for an attack.

"Fucking move" I heard a low hiss. My stomach dropped at her voice. It was her. She was here. She was actually here. I felt unease. Something was off about her voice. Like she could barely talk.