Chapter 2

Once the bell went, I went up to Hayden, even though I knew what was going to happen. Every time I tried to talk to Hayden, she would either ignore me or laugh in my face and walk away from me.

"Hey, Hayden." I waved and smiled, knowing I looked like a complete creep. "How have you been?" I asked her.

"Do I know you?" She asked me and my heart started beating faster. This was the most Hayden has even spoken to me and now I don't know what to do.

"Yes and no. You normally laugh in my face or ignore me. I'm Liam and I'm in most of your classes." I informed her, smiling like a freak because I didn't know what to do.

"Right, you're that weird kid that always talks to me." She laughed and I felt my heart melt.

Hayden Romero knows me and she remembers me. She actually pays attention to me and listens when I talk to her. I just stood there, staring into her eyes, hoping this moment would never end. It was a peaceful moment, but of course, every perfect moment has to come to an end.

"Hey, what class do you have next? Because I have no idea where I am." I heard his irritating voice and wanted to yell at him. He showed Hayden his class schedule and waited for her to give him directions.

"Oh, well that's just down the hall and to your left. I'm there as well, I'll take you." She smiled and I went in invisible, all over again. "See ya, weird kid." She smiled and waved goodbye.

The girl I've liked for over four months, actually payed attention to me. I might be known as weird kid, but she still said something to me. Maybe my plan to get Hayden to like me, isn't so crazy anymore.

"Ready for gym?" Mason asked me, walking over with Corey. "Corey is going to join us today as well." He smiled.

"Yea, but guess what!" I yelled, grabbing his shoulders.

"What?" He smiled and looked just as excited as I was.

"She spoke to me! Hayden actually spoke to me and she knows me! Well, she calls me 'weird kid' and I don't know why, but she knows me!" I yelled, pretty much repeating everything more then once.

He just looked at me with the same look he always does, when he doesn't agree with me.

"What? Trust me, Mason we are going to be a couple and we'll be cute as!" I yelled, walking out of the classroom and making my way to the gym to work out, before Lacrosse practise.

"Liam, wait!" Mason called out to me, but I ignored him.

I kept walking towards the gym and saw her again. Hayden, but she wasn't alone sadly. She was with a bunch of friends and Theo was beside her, looking like her own personal bodyguard. I watched as he said something to her, making her laugh and everything just slowed down.

I couldn't hear her laugh when I was listening as a human, so I listened with my werewolf hearing and wanted to laugh as well. Her laugh was cute and bubbly, making me even more determine to make her mine. She waved goodbye to her friends and made her way towards me, with Theo right next to her.

"Hey, weird kid." She smiled as she walked pass me.

"Hi, Hayden." I replied, standing there awkwardly.

"Weird kid, this is Theo. Theo, this is weird kid." She introduced us and even though I hated him and didn't care about his name, if it meant Hayden spoke to me, then I was fine with it.

"Liam's my name, but weird kid works I guess." I awkwardly laughed and rubbed the back of my neck, waiting for them to leave or for the awkward silence to go away.

"Weird kid suits you." She laughed and walked away. "See ya, Liam." I smiled and waved goodbye.

"Wow." I whispered, almost out of breath. I saw Mason walking towards the gym and I ran over to him, jumping up and down out of excitement. "You'll never guess what just happened!" I yelled, in front of everyone, but I didn't care who heard this.

"Let me guess, Hayden spoke to you again and now you're freaking out." He guessed, but it was in a sarcastic, I don't really care type of voice.

"Why can't you just be happy for me and support me on this decision? I like her and I bet you, that by the end of the week, she'll also like me!" I yelled, getting slightly pissed off that my best friend, didn't support me on this decision. "I support you through everything, so if this is to much for me to ask for, just tell me." I told him, walking into the gym and going over to my locker.

The last thing I wanted to do right now, was get pissed off. I was in the best mood, but now I don't know what to feel. Am I suppose to feel happy, angry, sad or just feel nothing at all? Hayden finally spoke to me, I'm about to work out and my best friend doesn't support me on my decision. I feel like I'm happy, angry and sad all at once and for someone who's a new werewolf and has anger issues, it's not a good combination.

"Liam, I am happy for you it's just Hayden has always played you. She doesn't care about your feeling, and you should see that by now. Maybe try and move on and find somebody new." Mason came over to me, leaning against my locker. "Somebody has got to be falling for you and they won't treat you like her. If you want to stay with Hayden and see how things go, I'll support you." He smiled, making me feel happier than before.

"Like I said, give it until the end of the week. If it doesn't work out, we'll just have to find me someone new." I laughed and watched the smile grow on Mason's face.

"I'll help you if you want." Corey came from behind Mason, smiling. "I might not be much use, but I can tag along and help pick out people."

"Thanks Corey." I laughed and put away my stuff, getting ready for the gym.

"Oh and Liam, you've got something hanging out of your bag." Mason pointed out, as he walked over to the equipment.

I looked down at my bag and notice a loose piece of paper, hanging out of my zip. I pulled it out and started reading it.

'Liam, I know I seem like a complete bitch and I don't blame you if you hate me, but I was wondering if you could give me a second chance?' And then when I saw the name at the end, I found it harder to breath. 'Hayden x'