Chapter 49

After Nolan explained everything that he needed to, I don't know what to believe. I don't know if I should believe him or stay away from him. He seemed genuine and like he actually wanted to help, but I don't know if I can trust him. Yesterday he was trying to kill me and now today he wants to help? I don't think I should trust him.

"And, Liam." Nolan turned around, just as he was about to walk away. "I wasn't trying to kill you. I changed the bullet to a non-lethal bullet. I need them to still believe I'm on their side."

I looked up from the ground and watched as he shrugged, turning back around. I wanted to call out his name and ask why, but I couldn't find the words.

"You believe him?" Theo came from behind me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know." I whispered, watching as he disappeared down the road. "I honestly have no idea what to believe."

"I don't think you can't trust him. One day he wants to kill you, next day he wants to be 'one of the good guys'. I don't buy it." Theo told me, shaking his head as he closed the door.

I stood in front of the door and stared outside, waiting for something to happen. The whole time Nolan spoke, his heart rate was steady. I want to trust him, but now I have this fear that something is going to happen. Like, as soon as I turn around, someone's going to shoot up my house.

"I feel like I can trust him, Theo. The look in his eyes, it was... it was different." I began to explain, trying to find the right words. "He looks scared, Theo. Like he's asking us for help."

"Liam, you're too pure. You can't trust him." He looked me in the eyes, pouting out his lips.

"I think he's telling the truth." I was surprised by what I was saying.

I want to stop before I take things too far, but I can't help it. I just want Theo to understand where I'm coming from and just to support my decision.

"Just because he came here asking for help, doesn't mean he's changed. He wanted you dead yesterday, and now he wants to be one of the good guys." Theo did have a point, but he didn't hear everything Nolan said.

He wasn't even here for half the conversation, so I don't think he has a right to judge him so quickly. I understand that he can't trust Nolan, but he should at least help him. He needs our help and I can tell he wants it. The look in his eyes. He was scared.

"Theo, he wasn't trying to kill me. He changed the bullet to a non-lethal one. He needs the hunters to believe he's still on their side or god knows what's gonna happen to him." I told him, watching as he rolled his eyes. "Why can't you just trust me!"

I watched as Theo jumped a little, obviously surprised in the change of tone in my voice. I was as well, but I knew it was coming. I shook my head, instantly regretting my tone towards him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"No. I am. I agree with you and I want to believe him, but you don't know what it's like." As soon as I heard Theo say that, I knew something was wrong. I didn't notice this whole time but there's clearly something bothering him.

"I don't know what what's like?" I asked him, confused by what he meant by that.

"You don't know what it's like to trust your enemies, to then be backstabbed again. It destroys any trust you have left in humanity." I could see he was hurt by this.

The spark in his eyes, the spark I fell in love with. It wasn't there anymore. His eyes are full of water, on the verge of tears. Darker than they usually are. Like clouds are blocking out the brightness that use to be there.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, placing my thumb on his jawline.

"I trusted someone. Someone who played an important part in my life. They made me who I am today, and that's not always a good thing. I trusted them more than anything, and they used me. They used me and then left me with no one, which triggered my anxiety." He explained to me, a tear finally leaving his eye. "I just don't want that to happen to you, because... I love you too much to see you hurt like that."

"Why didn't you tell me, baby?" I wiped the tear as it hit my finger, leaving a stain on his cheek.

"After what you told me though. I feel like he might be telling the truth. I mean, it makes sense. He could of killed you but here you are." He wiped away his tears and smiled.

I smiled back at him, watching as his eyes lit up again. I nodded and pulled out my phone, going straight to my contacts.

"Who are you calling?" Theo asked me, looking down at my phone.

"Scott." I told him, as I dialled his number. "We have to tell him about this. We have to tell them all."

I tapped my foot on the ground, patiently waiting for him to pick up. I took a deep breath in and thought about what I was going to say. I don't really think this is something you tell someone over the phone but I also don't want to make him worry.

"Liam?" Scott answered, worry filling his voice.

"Nothings wrong, don't worry. I just need to talk to you, to everyone. Can you call a pack meeting?" I asked him, the urgency coming out in my voice.

"Yeah, what's this about?" He asked me, his voice a lot calmer now.

"Trust me, this will be easier in person." I told him, hanging up the phone before he could ask any other questions.

I looked at Theo and gestured to the door, thinking about what I was going to tell everyone. I don't know how they're going to react or react or what they're going to say. I don't want them to think I'm weak, for forgiving him.

I'm not weak. At least I didn't use to be.

----------------------------------
First, I am so sorry for not posting for almost a month. I've been away, getting help, and I haven't had any access to the internet. I'm home now and I'll be back to post every 2-3 days.
Secondly, thank you all for being patient and majority of you for understanding.
Thirdly, I'll be posting something tomorrow to explain more about the whole situation and just let you all know a bit more.
I hope you're having an amazing week and I love you all so much xxx Thank you all for the support. It truly means a lot to me.