Chapter 48

I looked at Nolan confused, unsure if I heard what he said properly. After trying to kill me, shooting me, getting Hayden to turn against me. Why would he want or need my help? He has plenty of other people to turn to. So, why me?

"I know it's hard to believe, but I'm on your side. The hunters, they're planning something big. They're planning on killing everyone super natural, and they don't care who they are. They're even willing to kill kids, Liam. I'm not about that life." He started to explain, his heart beat not skipping a beat. "They have more weapons now. More power and more people are joining daily. They're scared and they think the only way to feel safe again, is to run all supernatural creature out of town."

I stood there silent, confused as to why he was telling me all this. Is he trying to make me believe him, so he can betray me again? Does he want to be one of the good guys? After everything he's done, I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't even know who I can't trust anymore.

For all I know, Nolan can be here to kill me. He just wants me to stand down and trust him, so then I won't expect it. But I feel like after someone shoots you, -not only once, but twice- you can never really trust them again. Also when they turn your ex-girlfriend against you.

"Why are you telling me this? How do I know for sure that I can trust you?" I asked him, waiting for him to convince me.

"Listen to my heartbeat, Liam. I know that's one of your little tricks." He smirked as he looked at his chest, waiting for me to listen in. I nodded as I began to listen. "Everything I just said, was true. I am on your side."

His heartbeat stayed the same, but for all I know he can just be a really good liar. I don't know if I'll ever fully trust him, so I'll always be prepared for anything, but I might as well give him one chance. It's what Scott always says. See the best in people and always give them a second chance. Just like he did with Derek.

"But why me out of everyone? Why didn't you tell, Scott? He's way more forgiving than me." I looked at him still confused as to why he chose me. Everyone knows that Scott is forgiving and he'd give anyone a second chance. Me on the other hand... I'm the opposite.

"Because I can trust you. I don't want to be a killer and I feel like you can relate to that." He whispered, lowering his head as he spoke.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he spoke, noticing as his heartbeat raised for a second. I opened my mouth about to ask why, but then the door opened. I got so caught up, that I forgot all about Theo. I know that as soon as he sees Nolan, he's going to attack him.

I know he has better self control than me, but that doesn't say anything. I have absolutely no self control, and Theo only has a slightly better control over his anger than me. Especially when it comes to me. I stood there, frozen as Theo turned on the light.

I looked over at Nolan and watched as the colour drained from his face. I looked over at Theo and watched as his face went red, his eyes full on anger. I went to run over to him, to make sure he didn't do anything. But before I could even move my foot, Theo was already over next to Nolan, pinning him against the wall.

I watched as he threw him to the ground, jumping on top of him, pushing him to the ground. I stood there, unsure of what to do. I wanted to help Nolan, but at the same time I wanted him to feel the pain I felt. I wanted him to know what it felt like to nearly die. To know that kind of fear.

"You could of killed him!" Theo yelled, punching Nolan directly in the nose. I heard a crack, and I knew it had already gone too far.

"Theo! Theo, that's enough!" I yelled at him, running over to them and pulling him off. "He's trying to help us!" I yelled at him, looking him in the eyes.

"Liam, he almost killed you. How can you trust him?" I could see that Theo was hurt, but I believe Nolan.

"He told me their plan. He wanted to help us, T." I explained to him, resting my hand on his cheek.

"Or maybe he wants us to think that." He whispered, looking to the ground.

I wanted to defend Nolan, but I have to respect his opinion. I know everyone's going to have a different say and no one is going to agree to work with Nolan straight away, but eventually they'll start to trust him. I mean, they don't have to trust him, I just want them to work with him. Help him stop the hunters.

That's all I'm asking them for, and I know I can convince them. I know I can convince Scott to trust him. And whoever and whatever Scott does, the rest of the pack normally follows. We rely on Scott.

He's our alpha.

———————————-
I'm actually so sorry that I haven't posted in so freaking long. I do have an excuse, but I'm not really ready to share it yet. I'm back home now though, so I PROMISE I'll be posting more. I hope y'all are doing well and have an amazing day. I love you all endlessly and thank you so much for the support ❤️