Chapter 21

I looked up into the sky, taking in the scenery as we walked around the woods. I normally go through the woods, but I don't normally go through them like this. Normally I'm either running with Scott or running away from someone. I've never had the time to walk around in peace, and just look around.

I looked to my right and watched as Theo tripped over a stick, saving himself before he landed face first into the ground. I laughed as I watched the shocked expression on Theo's face, and also because I was imagining him landing face first.

"So, you probably have a lot of question and I'm happy to answer any of them, but first let me tell you something about me. You haven't gotten to know the real me, and that's the hardest part of it all." He told me, looking at the ground as he explained it. "I haven't been myself, but I want you to get to know the real me. Not the fake me, that you've gotten to know already."

I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding what he was telling me. I've gotten to know Theo, it's just now he's a werewolf. His personality hasn't changed, it's just now I know what he really is, and I'm fine with that.

"What do you mean, 'I do know the real you'? It's just I didn't know you were a werewolf." I told him, slightly laughing. "Your personality hasn't changed, Theo." I explained to him, smiling.

"That's the thing, Liam. It has." He told me, making me question my whole relationship with Theo. "I mean, I'm still the same guy, it's just some things aren't the same. I'm not weak and constantly scared, I'm stronger than what you think. I don't get anxious about every single thing, in fact, I barley get anxious." He told me, closing his eyes and shaking his head.

"Theo, is that what you're mostly afraid of telling me?" I asked him, stopping in the middle of the woods, waiting for him to also stop.

"Yes, because I'm not who you thought I was, Liam! I'm not that incident kid who needs to be protect at all times, because if I don't feel safe, I'll have an anxiety attack! I'm not that person and I never have been." He told me, running his hand through his hair.

"Theo, you're still the same person to me! You just don't need to be protect and you're not weak. That's all that's changed, and I'm not going to leave you because of that." I told him, laughing at how ridiculous he sounded. "Why didn't you tell me in the first place? I would've accepted you even if you weren't the little pussy I thought you were." I laughed, walking over to him and playfully punching him.

He looked down at me and raised his eyebrows, punching me back and laughing. I rubbed my arm and laughed, surprised at how strong he was. I will admit this though, I am going to miss protecting him. We'll still work together and look after each other, but I'll miss him coming to me to protect him.

I looked up at him and looked into the sky, noticing that the moon wasn't there anymore. The sun wasn't coming up yet, but it was almost coming up. I looked back at Theo and smiled as he looked down at me, quickly looking away as I looked at him. I smiled and shook my head, pretending like I didn't just see him do that.

"Wow, it's almost 5o'clock." Theo told me, looking at his phone and shaking his head. "I guess time goes fast when you're having fun." He nervously laughed, rubbing his hands together, trying to warm them up.

One thing about Beacon Hills that sucks is, when it's winter, you'll know about it. During the mornings there's frost all over the ground, your windows are freezing cold, causing your whole room to feel like a fridge, some mornings it's pouring down rain and once you step outside, you'll be drenched in a second. Then there's the good thing about being a werewolf.

We never really get cold, but on mornings like this, we can kind of feel the cold. I'm not too cold right now, but my hands are starting to feel numb and I hate the feeling when I can't feel my hands.

"Since it's super early or super late, which ever one you want to say." I laughed, continuing to walk towards my house. "You want to stay at mine? If you want, just you know, thought it might be easier." I asked him, shoving my hands into pocket.

"Thanks, but I've got to get home. My parents will absolutely flip if they see I'm not home. They've probably already noticed." He smiled, placing his hands into his pockets as well.

"Yea, I mean after what happened, I don't blame them. My parents are going to be the same for awhile as well. I'll be lucky to make it my mailbox." I told him, making us both laugh.

"Yea, but our parents are completely different. You're parents are only doing it because of what happened yesterday, which makes them good parents. You're lucky to have them." He told me, smiling as he looked at me.

I nodded and smiled as well, agreeing with what Theo said. My parents only do the things they do to protect me, and I love that about them. Everything they do is for me, and they would do anything for me. More so my Mom, as she's been there my whole life. My step-dad would also do the same, but not to the same extreme as my Mom.

"What do your parents do it for?" I asked him, kicking the stones as we walked over them. "I mean, if you don't mind me asking."

"My parents are the complete opposite from you're parents. My Dad doesn't let me go out, because he doesn't think I deserve to go out. And if I do leave the house, it's normally because I've been kicked out. My Mom doesn't let me go out, because she can't be bothered looking after me. Tells me that if I go out, that she'll have to always check up on me, and she doesn't want to do that, because it requires her to care." He explained to me, smiling at the end as he shook his head.

"Oh." I whispered, unsure of what to say.

I felt bad for Theo, but he seemed fine with it. I mean he would be fine with it, because he's had to put up with it for sixteen years of his life.

"I'll speak to you soon." He told me, giving me a quick hug before he left.

I nodded and walked out of the woods, making my way home. I had to be careful sneaking back inside, considering that it's lighter outside now than it was at night, and the police car is still near my place.

I quickly ran home and made sure I got into my backyard safely, staying out of sight to anyone. I climbed back up the tree, walked along my roof and climbed back through my window, closing it behind me. I looked at my bed and smiled, sitting down on it and kicking off my shoes. I lied down slowly and pulled the covers over me, warming back up.

Before I went to sleep, there's just one more thing I need to do. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Scott, hoping he won't mind if I do wake him up. It got to the forth ring and I didn't think he was going to pick up, but as soon as I was about to hang up, he answered.

"Liam, you okay?" He spoke into the phone, his voice raspy as he's only just woken up.

"Yea, sorry for calling you. The hunters shot down my window, completely destroyed my house and now we have to move." I let him know, realising that it was a lot to take in, this early in the morning.

"Oh shit man, I'm so sorry. Anything you want or need me to do?" He asked me, sounding more awake now.

"It's all good, but I think we need to meet up. There's some stuff I need to tell you about, but it can't be over the phone. It'll be better telling you face to face." I explained to him, picking a leaf out of my hair.

"Yea, we need to meet up anyways and discus a couple things. How about tonight? My place, we can order take in and talk about some stuff, we need to talk about." He asked me, yawning half way during his sentence.

"Yea, sounds perfect. I'll text you before I leave." I told him, yawning as well. "Sorry for waking you, I just needed to tell you all this now. I'll see you later on today."

"All good, I'd prefer for you to call me straight away, rather than calling me later. I'll speak to you soon." He told me, hanging up.

I placed my phone on my beside table and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep slowly.