Chapter 58

Theo's POV:
I looked over by river and smiled, remembering all the good times I had here. When we would always come here over holidays or for a weekend get a away. Before dad became an abusive alcoholic and before mom died. Pretty much when we were still a family. When dad still called me his son and told me he loved me, when Tara was home nearly every night and when I had a mother who cared about me. A mom who was proud of everything I did, everything I do.

"You ok?" Allison whispered, placing her hand on mine.

"Yeah, just remembering everything." I told her, only just realising I was crying. "So what do you guys think of it so far?" I asked them, wiping away my tears.

"I think it's absolutely beautiful." Allison told me, looking over by the river. "And I cannot wait for tomorrow, so I can go and swim in that."

"Honestly, it's amazing. Especially because it gets so hot during the days, the river is quiet cool and refreshing." I told her, remembering the cool water on my hot, sweaty body.

"I just can't wait for the hike and the jumping rocks." Malia told me, shrugging her shoulders. "I think it'll be fun."

"I was always too scared to do it, but my sister use to tell me how fun it was." I told her, smiling at the thought of Tara.

"You two are close, aren't you?" Malia asked me, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, we were. Sort of drifted apart when my mom died, but we're still pretty close. I mean, she's the only real family I have left." I told her, watching as she lost any sort of happiness in her eyes.

"So were me and my sister." She told me, pain overtaking her voice. "We use to do everything together."

I looked at her confused, hoping she was going to explain elaborate on what she just said. Did they fall apart, did she die, did she run away, did Malia have to run away? What did she mean by, 'use to'. I waited for someone to explain, but when no one did, I decided the only to find out is to ask.

"So what happened?" I looked over at her, watching as she slowly shook her head.

"I happened." She told me, no hesitation in her voice. "When I was younger, it was a full moon and I had no control. My mother and I got into an argument and then next thing I remember, I'm ripping them to pieces. I then turned into a coyote and stayed like that for nine years, but then Scott and Stiles came along and turned me back."

I looked at her, trying to hide my shocked expression. I defiantly didn't expect that to be the answer and I never knew that about her. I knew bits and pieces, but now that I know all that, I understand her better now. I understand why she is the way she is and why she acts like she does. Why she's so private and doesn't let people in easily.

Stiles is honestly the only one I've seen her let into her life. She lets others in, but not like Stiles. I mean, he is her anchor and all, but it's more than that. He's her soulmate, sort of like Liam's mine I guess. He different to everyone else in so many different ways. He makes me feel different, think differently, act differently. He's made me a better person.

I looked down at him, only just realising he hasn't said much for awhile. I smiled as I saw his eyes closed and his lips slightly apart, a little snore escaping through it. I ran my hand through his hair and kissed his forehead, checking the time.

"Well, I'm going to take him to bed and probably go to bed myself." I told everyone, getting up as carefully as I can, placing his head on the chair. "I'll see you all in the morning."

"Night, Theo." Lydia and Malia both said at the same time, waving goodnight.

"Do you need a hand with him?" Allison asked, standing up.