Chapter 37

After Hayden called, we decided to start the plan tonight. We don't have any time to waste. This needs to end tonight or else we're all dead. Allison, Theo and I are meeting up with others, after we go to Hayden's house.

Stiles and Scott are also coming with us, but the others are going out into the woods. We can't all be at Hayden's, looking for whatever it is we're looking for and just leave her out there alone. Allison pulled into her driveway, stopping the engine and jumping out.

I followed her, getting out and to the front door as quickly as I could. I ran to the door and knocked, waiting for someone to open it. No one did, so I knocked again, this time harder. I already know Hayden isn't going to answer, but I don't know if her parents are home.

Once my first banged against the door, it opened slightly. I looked at Allison and back to the door, unsure of what to do. I'm not sure if they've set up a trap, but I can't stand out here and wait for something to happen. I ran inside, waiting for something to shoot me or explode, but nothing happened. Why is it this easy to get into her house?

I looked in the kitchen and looked at the mess on the ground. There was broken glass, broken picture frames, water all over the ground, showing an obvious struggle in here. I ran into the living room next, noticing the same thing. Cupboards had been pulled down, books on the ground, the couch had been trashed. I took a shaky breath in, closing my eyes, trying to calm myself down.

"Hayden!" I yelled, running upstairs and into her bedroom. "Hayden! It's me, Liam!" I yelled out, entering her room.

Her window was wide opened, but her room was trashed. Well, at least not as bad as every other room. I ran over to her window, looking outside, making sure she didn't jump to try and get away. There was nothing there. I sighed in relief.

"Hayden!" I yelled again, running out of her room and back down stairs, hoping she'd be down there. "Come on, Hayden!" I stopped running and put my hands on my head, trying to stop my mind from spinning.

"Liam, she's not here." Theo walked over to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"No, shit!" I yelled, pushing his hand off me. "Where would they take her? You don't think they'd take her to the cabin." I turned around to Scott and the others, trying to distract myself.

"Find something we can track her with. It'll be easier that way." Stiles told us, walking over to the stairs and going into her bedroom. "The clothes have to be dirty as well or else her scent won't be as strong."

I nodded and ran into her room, running over to her clothes basket and groaning when I saw there was no clothes in there. She was always so organised with her cleaning. She even washes her sheets and pillow cases every fourth day. I wash mine like, every once a month.

  I threw the basket onto her bed, frustrated that I let this happen. As soon as I found out about the hunters, I should of left Hayden. I should of cut her off like Mason or at least let her know what was going on. I could of prevented this, but I couldn't let her go. I didn't want to let her go.

I walked back downstairs and went into her laundry room, hoping to find some dirty clothes. Even though she is always super clean and organised, surely she can't be that organised. I opened up a cupboard and looked inside, finding the cupboard where all her cleaning products are kept.

"I've checked in there. Twice." Allison told me, leaning against the door frame. "I've also checked in the living room, the bathroom and even her bedroom. Liam, she's like a freaking clean freak. Even her sheets smell clean."

"I know, she's always been like this. It's what makes her so different." I told her, laughing and closing the cupboard.

I bit down on my lower lip and turned away from, Allison, trying to not make it obvious. I didn't want her to see me this way, even though this is how everyone is expecting to see me.

"I could of stopped this. I could of protected her, but I couldn't leave her. I wanted her that badly, that I risked her life." I slightly laughed, trying not to let the tears escape.

"Liam, don't say that. This isn't your fault. They would of found her no matter what you did." She lowered her voice, walking closer to me and placing her hand on my shoulder. "We're going to find her."

"How do you know?" I asked her, turning around, letting the tears fall from my eyes. "How can you be so sure that she isn't already dead?"

"Because they would want to show it off. They would want us to know, so we can just give up." She smiled, embracing me in a hug. "We'll find her and we're going to put an end to this."

I smiled and gave a small laugh, wiping my tears and nodding. She did have a good point though. If Hayden was dead, they would make sure we knew about it. It's what they do. They like to make us weak, so we're easier targets and that's what they're doing right now. They want us to be all distracted by Hayden, because they're planning something big.

We can't fall for their trap. We need to be aware at all times and we need to make sure that we don't let this distract us.

"I'm going to check her room once more. You can never be to careful." I told Allison, walking passed her and running back up to Hayden's room.

I walked into her room and stood there, waiting for something to happen. I was more so waiting for someone to yell out that they had something, that we can leave and go find her. But that didn't happen. I can hear everyone down stairs, talking and running around.

I looked up onto her bed and noticed something under her pillow. It wasn't very noticeable, but I noticed it just as it lit up. I walked over to her bed and grabbed her phone. I put it in my pocket and noticed something else under the pillow.

A small piece of paper. I pulled it from under the pillow and unwrapped it, slowly reading it. As I read it, my heart dropped. I took a shaky breath in and dropped to the floor, finding it hard allow oxygen into my lungs.

"Liam!" Theo yelled, running over to me and embracing me in a hug. As soon as his arms wrapped around me, I felt safe again. I could breath again. "What's wrong? What'd you find?"

I handed him the note and rested my head on his chest, hugging him tightly back. Everything in my life is going down hill. Everything except for, Theo.

"Find her before it's too late." Theo whispered, reading the note.

And again, I felt it harder to breath.