Chapter 38

As soon as we found the note, we texted the others to come here. We can't go through with the plan, when half of us aren't even there. We all need to be there and we all need to be focused. We can't be focused on finding Hayden and getting her out alive, whilst we continue on with the plan.

It's too dangerous and we can't risk anyone else's life. I don't want to risk anyone's life, but now that Theo's back and safe, I can't risk putting him in danger. I heard a knock on the door and snapped back into reality.

"I've got it!" I yelled out, walking over to the door and opening it up. I smiled as I got embraced in a hug by, Lydia.

"I'm so sorry, Liam. Don't worry, we'll find her. We won't let anything happen to her." Lydia smiled, placing her soft hand on my face.

I slowly nodded and gave her a weak smile, trying to make it seem like I was holding it all together. I looked back up and saw Malia standing awkwardly in front of me, giving me a small smile.

"I-I'm sorry." She whispered, walking towards me and gave me a hesitant hug. "We'll find your girlfriend." As those last words left her mouth, I felt my cheeks burn up.

I still haven't really told everyone that we broke up and I don't know why. I think it's because I just don't want them figuring it out. Once all this passes over, I'll tell them about Theo and I. It's just, it's not the right time to tell them something like this.

"Thanks, Mal." I whispered, patting her back and pulling away from the hug. "So, just look around the house and try and find some dirty clothes. In fact, just try to find anything with a strong scent on it." I told them, closing the door behind them.

"Where haven't you searched?" Malia asked, walking into the living room and sniffing a pillow. "Smells like washing detergent. Does she- does she really wash everything?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded, kind of annoyed at how clean Hayden really was. I watched as Malia also rolled her eyes, placing the pillow down and walking down the hall. I wanted to follow her and see where she was going, but she turned around as soon as she got to the end.

"We've literally searched the whole house!" Stiles yelled from upstairs, frustration in his voice. "Five times!" He added on.

"I know, but just keep looking." Scott whispered, obviously trying to make sure I didn't hear their conversation.

I took a deep breath out and went into the kitchen, looking for Theo. I entered the kitchen and found him in the corner, looking through a pile of paperwork. As soon as I entered the room he looked up at me and quickly closed the book, trying to make sure I didn't see, even though I did. I couldn't be bothered talking about it right now, so I let it go.

"Um... Is everything okay? Do you need something?" He asked me, standing up and smiling.

I walked over to him and shrugged, looking at the ground and closing my eyes. I took a deep breath in and concentrated on trying not to cry. He could sense something was wrong and I could that, as soon as he embraced my in a hug.

"It's okay. You don't have to put on a brave face. We'll figure this out." He whispered into my ear, making me break.

I let the tears fall down my face, getting collected by Theo's shirt. He wrapped his arms around me tighter, pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around him, burring my face into him shoulder. I didn't want him to see me like this, but it's too late now.

"You're alright, baby boy." He whispered, making a small smile spread across my face as he called me 'baby boy'.

"Liam, we found something!" Stiles yelled, running into the kitchen. "Oh." He whispered as he ran in and found me in Theo's arms.

I pushed him away from me quickly and wiped my eyes, looking at Stiles. I nodded and waited to see what he found. He walked closer to me and smiled, holding up a shirt.

"It was in the washing machine. It was about to get washed, but never made it that far." He handed me the shirt, smiling at Theo and I as he walked away.

I put the shirt to my nose and smelt it, smiling as I caught her scent. It's weak and I can only just smell it, but it's going to have to do. It's all we've got. It's all I have. I gave Theo the shirt, letting him smell it if he wanted to.

"Liam!" Scott yelled, running down the stairs taking two at a time. "Liam?"

"In here!" I yelled out to him, smiling as he walked in. "Stiles found something." I told him, grabbing the shirt off Theo and smiling.

He panted a smiled, looking me in the eyes and nodded. He held up a hoodie and laughed, throwing it in my direction. I caught it and looked at him and waited for an explanation.

"I found something better." He told me, folding his arms and smiling.

"A hoodie?" I asked him, waiting to see what was so special about the hoodie.

"Look at the name tag. And the scent, it's stronger than the shirt." I listened to him and looked at the tag.

As I read the name, my mouth widen along with my eyes. I looked up and Scott and shook my head in disbelief. I showed the Theo the name as well and smiled, shocked that it'd be this easy.

"Nolan." I whispered, looking down at his name again.