Chapter 67

After what happened last night, I didn't get much sleep. Theo and I slept on the couch, but I didn't do much sleeping. All I could think about is what happens if they're still out, watching in on us, waiting for us to fall asleep. Maybe getting caught was all apart of their plan. I had too much on my mind, and it made it a struggle to get to sleep.

"Hey, you ok?" Theo asked me, placing his hand on my knee.

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine just didn't get much sleep last night." I laughed, rubbing my eyes.

"We don't have to go to school today, no ones going to blame us." He smiled, turning the engine off.

"No, we have to. It's apart of being a normal teenager." I forced a smiled, slightly rolling my eyes.

He laughed at me and leaned over the handbrake, placing a kiss on my lips. I grabbed his neck and pulled him in closer, kissing him back, not really caring if people saw us. One thing I did realise was that today was going to be the first day at school that Theo and I are actually going to be able to act like a thing. We had opportunities before, but all we could think about was the hunters and now our priorities have changed. Now it's all about making it through the rest of high school.

I pulled away from the kiss, slightly breathless. I smiled at him and unlocked the door, stepping out into the car park. I noticed a few strange looks from people, a few shocked looks and some looks that also seemed like they were proud of me. A small smile formed on my face and I walked over to Theo, looking into his eyes and sensing that he was nervous. I smiled and grabbed his hand, walking inside with him.

"So you're ok with this?" He asked me, looking down at our hands, squeezing mine slightly.

"Of course I am. You're my boyfriend and I want everyone to know that." I told him, pulling him closer to me. "And besides, I'm not gonna hide who I am anymore. I'm over doing that."

As we walked down the hall, everything was different. No one was looking at us as though they wanted to kill us, they were looking at us as though we were normal. Some people were smiling at us - mostly the girls - and some didn't even notice us. It's great. It feels like I'm finally normal, or at least close to it.

"Ready for chemistry?" He asked me, unlocking his locker. I looked up at him and rolled my eyes, knowing that he knew my answer. "It's not that bad."

"Are you serious?! It's literally the worst subject in history! It's like right next to maths, but maths is still better than chemistry." I told him, laughing slightly.

"Well... I think it's one of the best." He sassily told me, smiling once he was done.

"Of course." I laughed, grabbing his hand as we started to walk to class.

As soon as we got there, we went to the back row and sat in our usual seats. It's been awhile since I've been here, so I'm not really too sure what it is that we're doing. I do know though that it's nearing the end of the year, meaning we have our exams soon and I'm not looking forward to that.

I looked ahead of me and saw Nolan sitting in the bench in front of me, turning around as soon as he sat down. He reached into his pocket and handed me a piece of paper that looked like it had come from the principals office. I looked at him and took it off him, confused as to what it was.

"What is it?" I asked him, slowly unfolding it.

"Don't!" He yelled, looking at everyone as they stared at him. "Don't open it here, wait until you get home," he whispered, turning back around to face the front.

I looked at Theo confused, shrugging my shoulder and putting the paper into my pocket. The whole classroom went silent as Mr Coates started reading out the role, a 'here' or 'yep' whenever someone's name is called.

"Gabe?" He called out, instantly making me freeze. "Has anyone seen Gabe?"

No responded, but Nolan did turn around to me and nodded. As soon as he did that, I instantly knew it had to do with the paper he handed me. Was it about Gabe or something about last night? It had to have been.

————————

"Is there any news on what's actually happening with them?" I asked Scott, trying not to raise my voice too much.

"Like we said, Sherriff hasn't told us anything, but I don't think they're telling him anything." He told me, slightly confusing.

"Well Gabe wasn't in class today, so that has to mean something right?" Theo asked, reminding me about the note Nolan gave me.

I pulled it out and opened it up, quickly reading it to find out what it was about. I was right. It was about Gabe and he's defiantly not coming back to school.

"It does mean something." I told them, holding up the piece of paper. "He won't ever be coming back here, as he's been expelled."

I looked at everyone and saw how their expressions all changed. They all looked shocked, but I didn't feel the same as them. I kind of expected something like this to happen. It was going to happen eventually and I guess today is finally the day.

As everyone finished reading it, Stiles came back over, hitting the back of his phone on his hand. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows, slightly tilting my head to the side.

"Everything ok?" I asked him, handing him the piece of paper.

"Their not talking to my dad and it's just stressing him out." He told us. "He wants all of this to be over just as much as we do."

I looked at him and gave him a sympathetic look, feeling bad for him. He's been dragged into all of this, because of us. Because he's friends with us and wants to help us, instead of the hunters and they hate that. They're starting to lose and now they're going to be more determined than anything.

"Everything's going to be ok. If your dad wants me to go down there and torture them, that I can. In fact I'd be glad to." Malia told Stiles, making everyone go completely silent. "What?"

"Mal, that's not how we do it remember." Lydia told her, shaking her head with her eyes wide open. "Anyways, who's coming with me to see Allison after school?"

"Stiles and I are seeing her tomorrow." Malia smiled, grabbing his hand.

"I'll go." Scott smiled. "I promised her I'd visit whenever I got the chance."

"Theo and I might go in when she's feeling better. I don't want her to feel too overwhelmed with everyone coming at once." I told them, rubbing the back of my neck.

They kind of all just nodded and slowly all walked off. I looked back down at Gabe's expulsion papers and shook my head. I don't get why they're not talking. I mean, they don't having anything else to lose. Gabe's not gonna be able to go back to a good school, so he might as well kiss a good future good bye and all the others probably wont be able to get good jobs or they'll lose their jobs.

"What's up?" Theo asked me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"It just doesn't make sense." I told him, waving the paper around.

"Maybe it's over?" He told me, sounding unsure himself.

I looked up at him and shook my head. Whenever we try to get our hopes up and move on with our lives, it always come back on us and hits us twice as hard. As soon as we move on and get better, something worse comes back on us. No matter what we do, we won't escape this. We can't escape it.

"It can't be that easy." I whispered, trying to think about anything we've forgot.

Maybe the hunters wanted to be caught. Maybe they need us to think it's over so we have our guard down, so we're more vulnerable. So they can make their next move...