Chapter 35

I woke up to a cool breeze, on my left foot. I opened my eyes slowing- getting use to the sunlight- noticing, that my foot was out of the covers. I turned around and smiled, watching as Theo laid there, still asleep. He chest rising and falling with every breath he took, a tiny snore escaping his mouth every couple of seconds. I wanted to wake him up, but he deserves to have a sleep in. That and he looks absolutely adorable when he sleeps.

I pushed the blankets off my body and sat there for a couple of minutes, feeling the nice, cool breeze on my bare skin. I started crawling out of bed, trying to be as quiet as I possibly could. Once I was out, I started making my way over to the fire. It wasn't cold or anything, but it defiantly wasn't warm.

I mean, it's cold enough to have a fire going, but also is warm enough to not have a fire going. I wrinkled up a piece of paper and lit it up, throwing it onto the fire wood and watching it ignite. Once it started going, I added on some more wood, making sure to not pile it on.

"Where do you keep the food?" I whispered to myself, looking around the campsite, trying to find some food for breakfast. I looked inside a bag and found all the beans and spaghetti, so decided to make some baked beans for breakfast.

I put them on the fire and watched as they cooked, jumping every time one of them popped. It was actually quiet entertaining watching them cook, even though it was super boring. I heard a noise over by the truck and looked up, smiling as Theo started to walk towards me.

"Morning." I smiled, standing up and walking towards him.

"How long have you been up?" He asked me, putting a jumper over his head.

"Not to long." I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. "I'm making some baked beans for breakfast, hope you don't mind." I told him, pointing over to the fire.

He looked down at me and shook his head, walking over to the fire and sitting down. I followed him and sat down next to him, taking the pot off the fire and placing it on the ground. To save us from doing any dishes, I just decided it would be easier just to eat out of the pot. I handed Theo a fork and began to eat the baked beans.

I looked over at Theo and furrowed my eyebrows, noticing that he wasn't eating, just staring out in the woods. I placed my fork down and grabbed his hands, bringing him back into reality.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, frowning as I waited for a response.

"Let's run away." He spoke, looking at me and then back out into the woods. "Just think about it. Everyday could be like this. Just me and you, out in the middle of nowhere, breakfast on the campfire."

I smiled at the thought of that. That does sound like the perfect plan, but I can't. I can't leave my parents or Scott. Not when things are going down hill for Beacon Hills. I need to be there to protect it.

"That does sound pretty good." I told him, looking at him and shaking my head. "I can't. I need to be there to protect, Beacon Hills. To protect my family and friends."

I felt bad for shutting him down, but he knows what I have to do. I've explained to him where my responsibilities are, so he understands. He has to understand.

"I agree." He whispered, picking up his fork and taking some baked beans.

I didn't know what else to say, so I just continued to eat. I don't know if he's angry at me or if he does actually understand. It's kind of hard to tell what emotion Theo's feeling. He doesn't really show his emotions, which makes it hard to tell if he's happy, sad, angry, confused.

By the tone of his voice, I think he understands. He doesn't seem pissed, so I'm just going to guess he's not, because it's just going to be easier that way. I put down my fork and wiped my hands, standing up and looking down at Theo.

"I'm going to go home now. My parents are probably worried." I told him. "I'll be back later though or if not, I'll give you a call." I informed him, just making sure he knew I was coming back .

"Sounds good." He smiled, standing up and embracing me in a hug.

I hugged him back and closed my eyes, wishing this moment would never end. Wishing this whole morning and last night, will never end. I want to stay here forever and forget about everything else, but that's not possible.

I have a family and friends that I need to protect. I have people that are relying on me. I have a real life that I need to get back to and I need to stop pretending I can have this perfect life, when I know I can't. Not yet anyways.

I waved goodbye and started walking off, reliving the whole night again. If I don't come back out tonight, I defiantly will tomorrow night. It's going to be hard though with school and everything, but I also don't really care about school.

My life and everyone I know, has their life on the line. I might as well live the best life I can, whilst I'm still alive. Not saying that I'm going to die, but you never know.

"Liam!" Theo yelled out after me, running over to me. "I need to tell you something!" He yelled out as he got closer to me.

I stood there and raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to proceed with this sentence.

"I was thinking about it all last night and just then and I know what I want." He looked at me and nodded his head.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked him, confused about what he was talking about.

As soon as I asked him the question, his eyes brightened up. He looked at me and smiled, grabbing my hands and holding onto them tightly.

"I'm coming with you." And as those words left his mouth, I felt my heart drop.