Chapter 66

Everything froze in time. Nothing and no one was moving. The wind was still and silent, the leaves on the ground no longer moved, the bullets out of the guns disappeared, but I couldn't freeze. I actually couldn't stop myself from what I'm about to do. My legs won't stop running and I can't stop this anger from rising inside me.

I ran over to the hunter that attacked Scott and watched as he slowly turned and pointed his gun towards me. I could feel my face turning red, burning up as the anger started to boil inside of me. I let out a loud roar and jumped up, landing on the hunter and knocking him down. He raised his gun towards me, only for me to knock it out of his hands and send it flying through the air.

I got my claws and started ripping through his protected layer, getting closer and closer to his skin. I could hear his heart beating faster as I got closer to his skin. One more slash and I would be at his skin. I looked him in the eyes and punch him in the chest, hearing him let out a gasp. I then punched him in the ribs, hearing a crack as they broke. I then punched him repeatedly as I let all my anger out. I watched as coughed up blood, not caring if I was killing him.

"Liam! Liam, what are you doing?" The words came out muffled, but I could still hear and understand them. And I knew who's voice it was. "Liam, you've done enough." Theo whispered, looking down at my bloody hands.

I started panting as I looked down at what I had done. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at Theo scared. I don't ever want him to see me like that again. I don't ever want to be like that again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't... I didn't mean to." I told him, shaking as I stood up and looked down at his face as the blood ran down it. "I jus- I just lost control. I didn't want to do it, but I couldn't help it. I couldn't stop myself."

"It's ok," he softened his voice, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around him and looked over his shoulder. At first I completely forgot why I lost control, but then as soon as I saw him I remembered. I didn't lose control for no reason, it was because of what the hunter was doing to Scott. I could see the blood on his shirt, but I couldn't see any on his face. I can remember him shooting him in the head, but there doesn't seem to be a bullet whole.

I let go of Theo and walked over to Scott slowly, slowing down my breathing as I got closer. I prepared myself for the worst, but I can't bring myself to accept it. I walked over to him and looked down at him, smiling when I saw his eyes slowly open.

"What happened?" He asked, sitting up slowly and rubbing his head.

"He shot you. He shot you right in the head, why aren't you dead? Why isn't there a bullet hole?" I asked him, confused as to what really happened.

I heard the gun fire, I saw Scott's head hit the ground, I watched as the hunter smiled, I could smell Scott's blood. He was dead or at least I thought he was. I handed him my hand and helped him up to his feet, embracing him in a hug.

"I don't know what happened, but I defiantly didn't get shot in the head." He told me, patting my back. "What happened over there?"

"I thought he killed you... so I lost control." I told him, looking down at the ground as I tried to avoid eye contact.

I could already feel the lecture coming on about how I need to control myself and how we're here to help people not kill people, even though he said only kill if absolutely necessary. Everyone knows when Scott says something like that, he doesn't really mean it. He wouldn't be able to kill someone even if his life depended on it. I mean, that's what makes him a true alpha. But instead of a lecture, he placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded slightly, walking off and going back into the gunfire.

In the distance I could hear sirens coming closer to us. I don't know if they're coming to us, or somewhere near us but they're getting almost too close. I looked over to Scott and furrowed my eyebrows, looking around for Stiles. This whole night I knew someone was missing, but I never figured out who it was. I don't know how I could forget about him. I mean, he makes this pack better and humours us all.

"Is this apart of the plan?" Theo ran over to me, looking confused.

"I'd say so!" I yelled, looking at the driveway as it lit up with blue and red flashing lights.

Sherriff, Parrish and a couple more officers came running out with their guns pointed up. Stiles ran out behind them, running over to Scott. They started talking to each other about something, but I couldn't hear it. I wanted to listen in, but Scott would be able to tell and I didn't want to be nosy.

"Alright, everyone inside!" Scott yelled, waving his hand towards his house.

I grabbed Theo's hand and ran inside with him, running into the living room to see what Mason and Nolan were up to. I looked at them confused when they had blood all over there shirts. I looked over at one of the couches and saw Malia on it, blood all over her leg.

"Oh shit, is she ok?" I asked, walking over to her.

"I'm fine. It's him we should be worried about." She pointed behind her, revealing Corey.

I walked over to him and saw Malia had obviously scratched him when he was trying to get the bullet out. I went over to him and lifted up his shirt, seeing that the wound was healing but very slowly.

"Is that why you screamed?" I asked Mason, looking over at him.

"When me and Nolan tried the first time, she freaked out and started growling at us. It kind of scared me, so I screamed." He explained to me, looking more embarrassed than anything.

I looked over at Nolan and then back at Mason, shaking my head and trying my best not to laugh. As stupid as it sounds, I don't really blame them for screaming. Malia scares me half the time as well, even when she's in a good mood.

I walked over to the window and looked outside, watching as the cops put everyone into their cars. I looked over to my left and saw some of the hunters run, but cops shortly followed after them. I looked around and saw how many were actually there and the saddest part is, some of them only look about our age maybe even older.

The hunters are turning everyone against us and before we know it, there's going to be no one left on our side. Our home, the place we've been protecting for years is going to get turned against us. All because of a certain group of people.

"Is it over?" Theo asked, walking over to me and hugging me from behind.

"Doubt it." Ethan whispered, shaking his head.

I rested my head on Theo's chest, ignoring Ethan's comment. Maybe it is over. Maybe we can go back to our old lives and just enjoy being teenagers. Maybe Theo and I can actually spend time together and not worry about what's going on with the hunters.

Maybe we can be normal.