Chapter 81

Theo's POV:
I looked down at Liam, his eyes red and puffy from crying. I kissed his hand as he wiped the dirt from my face, probably confused as to where it came from. I'm going to tell him everything, but just not quiet yet. I just want to enjoy this moment for a little while longer.

I cupped his face and quickly kissed him, pulling him into a hug. I rested my chin on the top of his head, taking in his scent that I've missed these passed two days. I held him close to me for a little longer, letting the tender moment linger in the air. I pulled away from the hug, kissing him on the forehead as I did.

I looked down at him and watched as his smile faded and then he started to frown. He looked at me and hit me on the arm, then pushing me slightly so I stumbled back a little bit. I looked at him confused as to what he was doing, only to receive another hit on the arm.

"Where were you?" He yelled at me, continuing to hit me. "I needed you and you weren't there. What, huh? Run back off to the river? Take another vacation when things get too hard?"

"I needed to get revenge! They killed them. Monroe killed Allison, she died in my arms! I couldn't let her get away with that," I told him, getting a concerned look from him.

"What did you do?" He asked me, his heart dropping as he spoke.

I looked at him and took a deep breath in, getting ready to tell him what happened. From the beginning, from where it started to where it finished. To make sure I don't leave out any details, not even the slightest. He needs to understand it all, so then he can understand why I did it. Why what happened, had to be achieved.

Flashback:
I pushed the branches out of my way as I ran passed them, making sure none of them hit my face. My heart beat increased, the anger inside me reaching to the surface. I yelled and pushed it back inside me, running towards this unknown destination.

I caught her just before she fell. She looked into my eyes and I could tell she knew. She knew what was going to happen and so did I. Her blood is on my shirt, stained into it. I ran faster, trying to clear my mind so I can think straight. I need to go back to Liam, I need to be there for him. But I can't.

I can't go back there. At least not until I do what needs to be done. I know what I'm sacrificing, but I can't let it go. I can't just leave it at this, it's not right. Allison didn't deserve to die, neither did Brett. So why does Monroe get to live? She shouldn't get to, so I'm going to make sure she doesn't.

I jumped over a log, landing on my hands and feet. I quickly raised my head as I heard someone ahead of me. They're bleeding as well and by the sounds of it, they're limping. I ran towards the sound, slowly down as I got closer. I ran behind a tree, watching as they limped through the woods.

I tried to see who it was, but due to the limited access of light, I couldn't see a thing. I closed my eyes and felt them changing. I opened them again and everything was much clearer, much brighter.

I took another look at them and as soon as I saw who it was, I knew what I had to do. Monroe's been injured in the leg, which gives me an even bigger advantage. She doesn't have her army here with her, she can't fight back or at least not as well as she did before, and she doesn't know I'm out here with her. The element of surprise.

I walked out behind her, smirking as she jumped. She looked behind her and shook her head, laughing as she looked at me. I instantly lost my smirk, the anger now consuming me. She clapped her hands slowly, taking a step closer to me.

"If it weren't for those glowing eyes, I wouldn't have a clue who you were. I would of assumed you were one of mine or just some strange kid walking around in the forest." She smiled, looking around at all the trees. "She's dead, isn't she?"