Chapter 20

As soon as I heard the bang, I knew I had to do it. I jumped in front of Theo and watched as the light in his eyes, disappeared. I took a sharp breath in as soon as the bullet hit me, but I already knew I was going to heal. The bullet went into my back, but it hasn't gone far. I landed on the floor and took a deep breath in, looking around and watching as Theo stood there.

I looked up at him and smiled, trying to make it look like I was okay, because I needed him to run. If he stays here and tries to help me, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to protect him. At least if he runs now, I'll be able to hold the hunter off and Theo can call for help. It's the only plan we have, and it's the only plan that can work at the moment.

"Liam, oh my god!" Theo looked at me, running over to me and putting his hand on my shoulder. "Why would you do that? Is it bad?" He asked me, rolling me over onto my side, allowing him to take a better look.

"Theo, run. I'll heal and I'll come find you when I'm healed. Go get Scott and tell him everything that just happened. The hunters haven't left, and they're not leaving until we're all dead." I told him, taking a sharp breath in, every new sentence.

"No, I am not leaving you Liam. Not this time!" He yelled, slamming his fist into the ground. "Look the bullet hasn't gone that far into you, so I think we can get it out." He started to explain, looking up and listening as the hunter pulled out his radio and called out for backup.

"Just shot young beta, wounded but not dead. Human with him, appears to be helping." He spoke into the walkie talkie, placing it back in his pocket once he was done.

My vision was starting to fade in and out, but I could hold on. I looked up at Theo and watched as he stood up slowly, looking at the hunter and shaking his head. I closed my eyes and tried to reach for the bullet, so I could help Theo.

I stabbed my fingers into my back and let out a yelp, closing my eyes as the pain rushed through my body. I took a deep breath and grabbed onto the bullet, counting to three in my head and ripping it out. I let out a scream as it came out, throwing my hand onto the ground and closing my eyes, making sure no tears escaped.

I finally opened my eyes and looked up at Theo, noticing the fury in his eyes as he watched me in pain. I smiled weakly, showing him that I was stronger than what I looked.

"I'll hold him off, you go. Run back to mine." I told him, leaning on my elbow and trying to push myself up, immediately failing. I fell back onto the ground and knew that I was too weak to try again. "I'm sorry." I whispered, looking Theo in the eyes.

He shook his head and looked over to the hunter, letting out a yell and running over to him. I wasn't to sure what was going on, because my vision was fading in and out, but from what I could hear it wasn't pretty. I could hear people grunting, bones cracking, and someone yelling. I tried to focus my vision and I did, but it was only for a spilt second.

What I saw, or at least what I thought I saw, was unbelievable. Theo was on top of the hunter and he was attacking him, making sure that he wouldn't come out of this uninjured. I knew that I had to stop it, because I can't let Theo do something he's going to regret.

"Theo, stop! Don't do something you'll regret." I yelled, pushing myself up with the strength I had, walking over to him slowly, making sure he was okay. I could smell blood, but I'm not sure if it's mine, Theo's or the hunters. "You okay, Theo?" I asked him, stopping as I stood over the hunters body.

His heart beat was there, but it wasn't strong. It was weak, but not weak enough to kill him. I'd say he's going to have to take some time off work.

I waited for Theo to reply, but he just sat there, breathing in and out heavily. I furrowed my eyebrows and listened to his breaths, noticing that they sounded similar to mine when I get angry and loose control. I looked down at his hands, but I couldn't see his hands, as they were curled up into a fist.

"Theo?" I whispered, placing my hand on his shoulder and waiting for him to say something back.

Theo slowly stood up, my hand slipping off his shoulder. I also slowly stood up, mainly because if I moved to fast, then I would get a shooting pain all through my body. I smiled as I watched Theo slowly turn around, but I soon lost my smile and I was speechless.

Once Theo was fully turned around and facing me, I could see why he had the strength to do what he just did. How he took down the hunter before he could get shot. He looked at me with his eyes, but they weren't his brown, admirable eyes. They were a piecing yellow, but they still somehow made me want to get lost in them.

He opened up his mouth slightly, and I could see his fangs and then I realised why he wasn't afraid of me. He's not afraid of me, because he's the exact same as me. He's just like me and he's kept it from me this whole time.

"You're a werewolf." I finally spoke, smiling as I watched the yellow fade away in his eyes. I took a deep breath in and walked over to him, unsure of what to or how to act.

He looked down at the ground and shook his head, smiling as well. He looked into my eyes and smirked, nodding his head slowly as he flashed his eyes yellow.

"That's what we needed to talk about." He spoke up, his yellow eyes, looking straight into mine.

———————————
Wattpad keeps un-publishing my chapter and deleting parts that I've pre-written 🙄😢