Chapter 82

1 weeks later:
It's been just over a week since Monroe died and all the hunters left town and so far everything is going good. There hasn't been anymore attacks and no signs of any hunters. Schools been the only real challenge recently. Everyone is still shaken up over the whole werewolf thing and they're still adjusting to it.

Some much quicker than others, but we don't expect any of them of them to be fine with it. We understand that they're still scared of us and don't want to get to close to us. But we don't want it to be forever.

But at this moment, school is the last thing on my mind. And it's the least of my problems. As the family dinner I organise weeks ago is currently happening, and tonight is the night I'm going to tell my parents about Theo and I. For both them and Theo. They deserve to know and Theo doesn't deserve to have to hide it.

"So Theo, Liam tells us you made it onto the lacrosse team." My mum finally spoke up, trying to make conversation. I never knew what an awkward dinner would be like, until this very moment.

"Yeah, someone got kicked from the team and they needed another player. Guess they were desperate," he joked, making both of them laugh.

"If you ever need some extra practice, me and Liam do it quiet a bit and you're more than welcomed to join us." Mark told him, pouring himself another glass of wine.

Theo thanked him and continued to eat his dinner. Everything went pretty silent again and it didn't seem like anyone was planning on starting up a conversation anytime soon. I looked at Theo and smiled, confused as to when the right time was to tell them. Do I do it when everyone's finished so then we can just get up and leave? Do I do it now so that they can't leave and we can talk about it? I wouldn't have a clue, but I know it needs to get done. Sooner rather than later.

"Mom, Mark." Spoke up, looking at Theo as I did so. "I need to tell you guys something."

"What is it baby?" My mom asked me, placing her knife and fork down.

"Can you guys remember when you asked Theo if he had a boyfriend and he said no?" I asked them, receiving a nod from the both of them. "Well that was a lie."

My mom looked at Theo with a sad look, reaching over the table and grabbing Theo's hand for a spilt second. Theo looked at her and gave her a small smile, looking back at me as if to tell me to hurry up and get to the point.

"Oh darling, there's no need to lie about that. We're not going to judge you." She told him, grabbing Marks hand and smiling at him.

"That's not the point," I told them, grabbing Theo's hand under the table.

Even though this is meant to be my coming out and I want them to know about us, I still don't want them to see us being affectionate. I don't know why so myself, but I just know that I don't want them to see that.

"The reason as to why I lied was because the guy I'm dating wasn't ready to come out. I didn't want to drop any names until he was ready, but I think he's ready now." Theo told them, making sure he didn't look at me once.

"That guy... that guy was me. I'm Theo's boyfriend." I told them, feeling a massive weight lifted off my chest.

I looked at both of their faces, trying to read what they were feeling. They were looking at each other, not showing much emotion. The only emotion I could sense, was shock. They weren't expecting this dinner to turn out the way it did. But I'm glad I didn't what I did. It needed to be done.

"How long have youse two been together?" My mom asked us, clearing her throat.

"About 4 months," I told her, looking down at my plate.

"Why didn't you tell us, Liam?" Mark asked me. "Were you scared that we were going to judge you?"

I looked at them both and shook my head. This is the last thing I wanted them to think. That I was worried to come out because I didn't want them to judge me. I know that no matter what, they're never going to judge me. They'll always see the good in me and I'll always be there boy.

But I didn't tell them for them, I didn't tell them because of me. When something like this happens in your life, something that pretty much changes who you've always been. You want to hold onto the small things that make you the old you. And my parents not knowing about Theo and I, that's pretty much all I have left of the old me.

"I wanted to hold onto the small things that still made me the old me." I told them, letting go of Theo's hand.

"Honey, no matter how much you change, you're still you. You can change absolutely everything about you, but you'll still be the same Liam. The same funny, caring, sweet little boy who doesn't take any bullshit from people. Who'll stand up for those who need the help, who's there for his friends and makes sure everyone is ok." She told me, bringing a tear to my eye. "You're still my little boy."

"We still see you for who you are, Liam. Nothings going to change that," Mark told me.

I looked at the both of them and as everything they were saying was processing, all I could think about was the biggest secret that I'm keeping from them. The only one that I will never tell them, due to their own safety and I don't want to have to put them through that.

I know that they're saying that they will love me no matter what and that nothing can change the way that they see me, but I know that this will. And if they ever found out about me being a werewolf, they'd never be able to see me the same. When they found out that I had IED, it took them weeks to look at me the same. They would baby me and whenever it seemed like I was getting angry, they would get scared around me.

So if they ever found out this secret, I don't know what they would do.