Chapter 18

I stood outside my house, looking at the window and all the glass around it. I wanted to walk back inside and stay in my room, just to get away from everyone, but that wasn't an option. The only option I had was to stand outside, stare at my house and answer questions the police were asking me.

"Did you see who did this?" One of the deputy's asked me, taking out a notepad and getting ready to write down anything important.

"Yea, because I had plenty of time to take a look outside, whilst people were shooting at my house!" I yelled in frustration, trying to ignore the stupid questions they were asking me.

"No we didn't, but I think there was more than one. I think there was a group of them, because there was more than one gun going off at a time." Theo spoke up, answering the deputy's question calmly.

I felt bad for yelling at him, but it was a stupid question. I know he has to ask it and I shouldn't of yelled at him, but I'm just angry. I'm pissed that the hunters followed me to my house and did this, and the only thing I can think about is, what happens if my Mom or Dad was in there? What happens if one of them got hurt or even worse, what happens if one of them died?

I looked down to the ground once I realised that I was crying. I didn't want to wipe away my tears in front of them, because I didn't want to look weak, so I quickly turned around and wiped them, making sure no one was watching.

"Oh god, Liam!" I heard my name being called. "Liam! No get off me, this is my house!" I turned around and saw my Mom getting held back by a deputy. I looked over at her and started to growl as I watched the deputy.

"Let her in!" I stopped growling as soon as I heard those words. "I said let her in, this is her place!" I looked to the right and watched as the Sherriff walked over to my Mom, letting her into the crime scene.

"Where's my son? Is he okay?" She asked as she looked around, covering her mouth as soon as she saw the window.

"Mom, I'm over here!" I yelled, running over to her and embracing her in a hug. I could feel my shirt getting damp by her tears, but I didn't care.

"Are you okay, sweetie? What happened? Who did this?" She started interrogating me with questions, cupping my face with her hands.

"I'm fine Mom." I whispered, pulling her in for another hug.

She placed a kiss on my forehead and then placed both of her hands on my shoulder, trying to hold back the tears that were about to come through. I nodded to let her know it was okay to cry, because it was. If she wanted to cry, than that was understandable.

She shook her head and took a deep breath in, turning around to Theo and embracing him in a hug. I looked back at the house and tried to remember anything else that could be handy for the police to know.

"Oh god, you two must be horrified." I turned around to my Mom, watching as she walked closer to the house and let the tears fall out.

I let her go inside and didn't follow her, letting her have some time to herself. I rubbed the back of my neck, listening as my Mom entered the house. I was only listening because if she started to cry or freak out to much, I want to know so I can go in there.

I could already tell that it was going to happen, but I just want to give her some time to get around this.

"Liam, I really need to talk to you." Theo asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I know that you're probably really busy now, but this is really important."

I wanted to talk to Theo and to listen to him, but he was right. Right now wasn't the best time and I can't really talk to him at the moment. I took a deep breath in and gave him a weak smile, hoping that he would understand where I was coming from.

"Maybe later? I mean, right now really isn't the time and my Mom really needs me now." I told him, loosing my smile. "I'll speak to you later." I told him, trying not to sound to harsh.

I walked to my front door and opened it, walking inside and finding my Mom on the couch. She had a picture of our family when we went to the beach, but the whole frame was completely broken. The glass was shattered, the wood around the outside had been snapped in half, and I had a bullet hole straight through my face.

Whoever shot that bullet, is either a really good aim or just shot my face by coincident. I placed my hand on my her shoulder and watched as placed the frame down, covering her face with her hands and crying into them, completely falling apart.

"It's okay now, Mom." I told her, walking around so I could face her. I bent down onto my knees and hugged her.

"What happens if you got shot? Liam, you could of died and you don't even care!" She yelled at me, instantly looking sorry.

"I know that and I do care, but I didn't get shot. That's all that matters and don't worry, we're safe now. A deputy is going to be outside our house all night tonight." I told her, placing my hand on her face.

She smiled and wiped away her tears, standing up and looking outside. She was going to need time getting around all this, but I know she'll be able to do it. She's strong and she can get through anything, and I believe she'll be able to get through this.

"You don't have to go to school tomorrow, because I don't think you'll be getting much sleep tonight. So you can do whatever you want now, but I'm going to go outside and talk to the police." She told me, pulling out her phone and checking the time. "If you need me, I'll be right outside."

"Thanks Mom, night love you." I told her, giving her one last hug.

I went upstairs into my room and looked outside, watching all the people surrounding our front yard. Some of our neighbours were there and some people I didn't recognise. I went to close my curtains when I noticed someone.

"What the hell." I whispered to myself, looking at the girl on my front yard. It was the same from this morning, the one who said I wouldn't forget her.

I wanted to look away and close my curtains, but she was looking at me as well. She started to smile and then raised her hand, gesturing it as a gun and pretending to fire it. I furrowed my eyebrows and started to breath heavier, watching as she walked away towards the woods.

I quickly closed my curtains and jumped into bed, trying to forget about everything that happened today. I wasn't going to go to sleep, because we haven't had dinner yet, but I just felt safe in my bed. I lied down and listened to everything around me.

I listened to the people talking about what happened at my place, I could hear a pen making contact with paper, I could hear the radios in the cops cars, I could hear the heartbeats of the people, and I could hear Theo's voice. He was on the phone to his sister, telling her everything that just happened. I stopped listening and started to listen to everything else around me.

I listened to the owls and the crickets, and something else I wish I didn't listen to. I could hear footsteps in the woods, and people would just think that it was an animal walking around, but I knew what it really was. It wasn't an animal walking around, it was a person. And there was more than one.

The hunters haven't left.

————————————
I'm finally back home and I'm so happy! :) Since I'm not on holidays anymore, but my school doesn't got back for a couple more weeks, I'm going to try something. I'm not promising anything and it's not going to happen straight away, but I'm going to try and post every 1-2 days. Like I said, I'm not promising anything though and bare with me, it might take a couple days to get going. THANK YOU FOR 8K! ❤️