Chapter 10

"Come on Theo, we're going to be late!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs, waiting for Theo to come down so we could leave.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time, realising that it was already 11 o'clock. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone, texting Mason to let him know we were going to be a little later then what I told him.

"I'm ready let's go." Theo said, making his way down the stairs. I looked up and smiled, watching as he skipped one step each time.

"Mason's place is around 45 minutes away, so we're going to be a bit late." I smiled, putting Mason's address in my phone. "You look nice, by the way. It's different not seeing you in a baggy jumper and tracksuits." I laughed, surprised by how different he looked.

He was wearing a bad shirt with a black denim jacket on top, black ripped jeans and white converse. His outfit was pretty much all black, but he suited the colour. It brought out the hazel in his eyes.

"Sorry it took me so long and thanks I guess." He laughed, pulling out his phone and texting someone. "I'm so ready for this." He smiled, grabbing his keys and walking off to the front door.

"It's fine and I really hope you fit in. I mean you should, because a lot of the people there are really nice and you'll fit in perfectly." I smiled, hopping in his car and checking my hair quickly before he started the car.

"You look fine." He laughed, pulling out of my driveway. "And I already know a couple of people that are going to be there, all thanks to Hayden."

I smiled as soon as he said her name. Before I started to get ready for the party I went on Snapchat and from what she put on her story, I'm pretty sure she's going to be there. If she is I already know what I'm going to say and how I'm going to approach her.

"Yea, she's pretty amazing." I smiled, trying my best to stop my cheeks from blushing. "I mean, like she's amazing at introducing people to each other. She seems like a good friend." I told him, trying to stop my voice from shaking.

"You like her, don't you?" He asked me, the tone of his voice softening.

"I don't even know. I've liked her for so long, but she's never noticed me. Ever since yesterday, that's the first time she's ever noticed me and then she left me this note." I explained to him, watching as he slowly lost his smile.

"I think she's going to be there tonight, maybe you should try and talk to her." He said, turning up the music before I could say anything.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him, trying to figure out why he's all of a sudden turned back into the jerk I first met. I sighed and looked out my window, listening to the music and tapping my finger on the door to the beat. I started humming to the song and I looked back at Theo, waiting for him to look back at me.

"What?" He shouted over the music.

"Why are you so angry all of a sudden? Did I do something or say something?" I asked him, turning down the music so he could hear my question.

"No, you did nothing. I'm not angry, I'm fine." He lied to me, turning left. "Can we turn back up the music?"

"You like her as well, don't you!" I yelled, waiting for him to lie to me again.

"Trust me, I don't like her like that." He looked at me, anger in his eyes.

I listened to his heartbeat and it didn't rise or skip a beat. He was telling the truth and that made me more confused then anything. He doesn't like her, but as soon as I mentioned me liking her, he got angry. I took a deep breath in and turned back up the music, biting on the bottom of my lip.