Chapter 73

I looked up at Theo and smiled, grabbing his hand as we walked into school. As soon as I stepped foot inside, I could already tell something was off. Even more off than usual. Before we walked in, it was normal. Everyone was talking, walking around, laughing with their friends, but as soon as we walked in. It was almost like time had stopped.

Everyone stopped talking and laughing, some even stopped walking. They huddled in closer to one another and started whispered, watching as Theo and I walked down the hallway. I looked up at him and gripped his hand tighter, confused as to what was happening.

"I'll meet you at class." He told me, letting go of my hand as he walked over to his locker.

I walked over to my locker and shook my head, trying to figure out what exactly was going on. As soon as I reached my locker, I started to undo my combination, but out of the corner of my eye I could see people staring at me. I looked over to my left and looked at the guy, gave him a small smile and watched as he ran off. Before I knew it, everyone around me had ran off.

"Theo." I whispered, closing my locker and running back over to his locker.

I saw him standing there, a frown on his face and a sad look in his eyes. I ran up to him and gave him a hug, not only because it looks like he needs one but I also need one.

"What's going on?" He asked me as he looked down at me. "What's gotten into everyone?"

"I don't know, but I guess the same happening to you?" I asked him, looking around the lockers to see that no one was there. "I wonder if the same is happening to Scott and the others."

I pulled out my phone and pulled up Scott's contact, sending him a quick message to see if it was also happening to him. I haven't him all day, so he may not even be here today. He might even had first period off because of a spare or something.

"Liam so you know how you probably think today can't get any worse?" Theo asked me, staring behind me. "I think it just did."

I slowly turned around and watched as he slowly walked down the steps. Everyone standing at the top, scared expression on their faces, but not on his. Not on Gabe's. He has a vengeful, brave expression. He looked at me and smirked as he got to the bottom of the stares, standing there as he crossed his arms.

He looked at me and then to Theo, raising his eyebrows as he slowly turned around and looked at everyone at the top of the stairs. I looked at Theo and nodded, unlocking my phone again and finding Stiles' name.

"Here they are everybody!" Gabe yelled, making me jump ever so slightly. "Here are the real monsters of Beacon Hills."

Everyone slowly started walking down the stairs, hesitantly with every step they took. I put my phone down at my side, trying to text Stiles as discretely as I can. I looked back up at Gabe again, making sure he's still facing the other way. I quickly finished off the text, clicking send and re-pocketing my phone again.

I looked back up at Gabe and clenched my fist, stopping myself from doing something stupid. I felt my phone vibrant in my pocket, but before I had the chance to check it, Gabe quickly turned back around, his eyes bright with enjoyment.

"What is this to you? Some sort of sick enjoyment?" Theo asked, taking a step closer to everyone. "We're not the ones going out every night, killing innocent people!"

Gabe looked at Theo and laughed, holding his stomach as though this was one of the funniest things he's ever heard. I could also hear some other people before Gabe snicker as Theo spoke. I looked up at them and silently growled.

"Let's not forget though," he smirked, looking from between us both. "I'm not the one who turns into a werewolf."

And just like that. My whole world has been flipped upside down and not by anyone. By the one person I hate the most, Gabe. My one secret I've been keeping from everyone for over a year and a half has been leaked... just like that. It's no longer a secret.

And just like that, we're no longer safe.