Chapter 45

I listened to her heart beat, praying that it would skip a beat. I waited for it, but it never happened. I looked at her and shook my head, waiting for someone to wake me up or for something to happen, because this cannot be real. Hayden wouldn't do that, she couldn't do that. Not to me.

"What the hell were you thinking!" Theo yelled, running into the room. "He got shot for you! How could you do this to him?" I wanted to tell her to leave, but I couldn't.

"Please, just let me explain. I have a reason for doing this." Hayden begged, chocking on her words as the tears ran down her face.

"I don't care what your reason is. He could of died, Hayden! Do you not understand that?" Theo asked, raising his voice and pointing over to me.

I looked up slowly, trying to hold back my anger and the tears, but as soon as I looked into his eyes. I couldn't hold back the tears. I let myself fall apart, not caring who saw me or how horrible I looked. I'm over being strong. I've been far too strong, for far too long.

Theo came running straight over to me, embracing me in his arms. As soon as I felt them around me, I felt safer and warmer instantly. I felt like nothing could happen to me. Theo is my safe place and that's all I need right now.

"I know you don't wanna hear this right now, but I need to tell you this. I had to bring you to the woods. Gabe threatened my family and I didn't know what else to do. I wanted to tell you, but he said if I mentioned any of this, to anyone, they would make me watch my family die." She started explaining, sniffing every few seconds. "I'm so sorry."

I pulled myself away from Theo's embrace, looking at her with a loss of words. I understand why she did it, but I still don't know why she didn't try to tell me. At least that way we could of protected them all.

"Please forgive me. That's all I ask for." Hayden looked me dead in the eyes, almost like she was trying to look into my soul.

I looked at her confused, not really sure if I heard it right. I looked down at my hands, watching as they shook uncontrollably. I took a couple of deep breaths in, trying to think about what I wanted to say to that. I can't just forgive her like that, because she hurt me in more ways than one.

I tried my best to collect all my thoughts, so I know what to say. I don't want to hurt her like she hurt me, but I also can't not be cruel. I need to show her that I'm hurt and that it's going to take some time for me to forgive.

"What?" I whispered, finally getting a word out. "I need time to think about this, Hayden." I told her, making sure to avoid any eye contact with her.

"Liam, please. That's all I'm asking for." She whispered, walking towards me.

"You heard him. Give him some time to think about it." Theo spoke through a clench jaw, steeping in front of me to block Hayden. "I think it's time you leave."

I looked up at Hayden and watch as she shook her head, refusing to leave. I already knew this would set Theo, so I nodded slowly. After everything she did to me, I still don't want to see her get hurt. There's still apart of me that cares about her so much.

"Get out!" Theo yelled, pointing towards the door.

"Okay." She whimpered, walking towards the door. "I really am sorry."

I watched as she left the room, not saying a thing as she walked away from me. Theo came back over to me and smiled, placing his hand on my face. He ran his thumb over my cheekbone, leaning in slowly. He placed a kiss on my forehead, making time slow down.

I shook my head and laughed, confused at what emotion I should be feeling. I don't know if I'm suppose to be sad, happy, angry, confused, relieved that I'm alive. I have all those options, yet still, I feel so empty.

"You're okay now." Theo whispered into my ear, embracing me in another hug.

I just sat there, looking at his plain white wall. I didn't hug him back or saying anything to him. I just sat there. I felt like I couldn't move or if I tried to, I would just break down. I don't want to do that. I don't want to cry over what Hayden did to me, I can't.

I can't cry over that, because then I'm letting them win. I'm letting them destroy me and I won't allow them to do that. I'm going to prove to them how hard it is to break me and if they do want to break me, they're going to have to try a lot harder.

After everything we've been through, everything I've been through. It's like I've become numb to the pain I should feel.

--------------------
Sooo.... I'm really sorry for being inactive. I'm not going to give you guys an excuse, because I don't have one. I just haven't had the inspiration to write anything, so I just want to apologise for that xx Hope everyone has an amazing day! ❤️