Chapter 90

We started the hike trail, already mesmerised by the scenery. The waterfalls and the trees were so surreal and the air was fresh and brisk, sending shivers down my spine whenever there was a gush of wind. Corey and Mason were ahead of us, whereas Theo and I sort of stayed behind. We let them go ahead so we could have a little bit of alone time.

It's not that we don't want to do this with them, it's just that at this very moment Theo and I just want to be alone. We just want to talk about everything and discuss everything that's happened recently. And I don't know if he wants to, but I want to start talking about our futures. We're nearly done with school and we're both going to college, but I know we both have different plans. But I need to make sure I'm in his plans.

"What do you think of it so far?" Theo asked me, grabbing my hand as he walked beside me.

"I think it's absolutely beautiful and I now understand why you always talk about this place. And I understand why you spoke so highly of it." I smiled, squeezing his hand. "And this place has really got me thinking."

"About?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows.

"Us. How we're about to graduate and go off to college, but we both have different planes. I want to go to a college close to home, whereas you want to go half way across the country. What's going to happen to us?" I told him, feeling an odd sensation as I got it off my chest.

He looked down at our hands and gave me one of his sad smiles. I knew what was coming, but I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to hear what he was about to say, but I needed to. To know that it was going to okay and that what's going to happen next, it's going to be the right thing.

"Ever since the holidays started, that's all I've been able to think of. Whenever I'm near you that's all I can think of and I think we both know what going to happen," he let out a deep breath. "We may want things to work out and who know, it may, but we can't keep our hopes up. I'm not a fan of long distance, but I also don't want to lose you."

"I guess we can't have everything in life," I told him, nodding in agreement with what he was saying. "We may want to be together, but we both know what's going to happen."

We both kept on walking in silence, both of us not knowing what to say. I didn't want things to end this way, but then again whatever happens is going to happen. We may end up together and work something out, to we may not end up together. I know which one I want, I just don't know which one I'm going to get.

I wanted to break the silence and say something, but I can't think of anything to say right about now. Nothing seems right and whenever I think of something, I can't find the courage to actually say it. I let go of Theo's hand and grabbed out a bottle of water, never grabbing it again.

"I'll go first and then I'll help you up," Theo pointed ahead to a pile of rocks that we needed to climb up.

Even though I use to have to climb up rocks every single day and even though I am a werewolf, I suck at climbing rocks. I don't know why, but it's the only things I can't do without messing it up. I always manage to fall, slip or a rock falls from under my foot and it doesn't matter how hard I try, I also manage to do it. Some cases are worse than others, but it's a good thing I heal so quickly.

I slowly started climbing up, staying behind Theo but close enough to be in arms reach. I watch every step closely, making sure I didn't slip or move a rock by accident. I looked up at Theo, watching as he finally made it to the top. I kept climbing up, getting close enough for him to help me up. He reached down to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

Once we were at the top, we both started setting up the picnic, waiting for Mason and Corey to make their way up here. I sorted out the cutlery and sitting area, whilst Theo organised the food and platers. By the time we both finished, Corey had finally made it to the top.