Chapter 31

I laughed, watching as Theo looked at me, shocked. He laughed with me, but then stopped laughing, putting on a serious face. He looked at me and then out of nowhere, splashed me back. I looked at him and laughed, rubbing my eyes to get the water out of them.

"Wanna have a race?" He asked me, swimming over to me so we were only a metre away from each other.

"Sure, but I already know who's going to win." I smirk, watching as he rolled his eyes and sarcastically nodded.

"Don't get to cocky, Dunbar." He laughed, swimming around in tiny circles, looking for something. "I'll race you to that log." He told me, pointing to a log on the other side of the lake.

I nodded and swam over to him, so I was right next to him. I looked over at the log and took a deep breath in, getting ready for Theo to count down. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows, checking to see if I was ready. I gave him a quick nod and then looked back at the log, getting ready to shot when he says go.

"Three. Two. One. Go!" He yelled, going underwater as soon as he yelled go. I stayed above the water, trying not to go under to far.

I took a deep breath in and put my head back under, swimming as fast as I could. I felt like I hadn't made much progress, but when I looked up for a split second, I had made a far bit of progress. I was closer now and I was almost there.

I took another deep breath in, noticing that Theo was now next to me. He was splashing like crazy, but I can already tell that he's fast. I don't know if he's faster than me, but it looks like he can be. I pushed myself harder, going faster than I thought I could.

"I win!" I yelled, grabbing onto the log and taking a deep breath in, rubbing my eyes so I can open them. "Beat that!" I yelled, looking behind me and looking for Theo.

A rush of fear ran through me when I couldn't see him and the only though I had was, has he drowned. I got ready to go and look for him, but then I heard his laugh. I turned around and furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to why he was laughing.

"I did beat that, Dunbar. I beat you by a good ten seconds. I've been waiting up here for you for ages." He laughed, tapping a spot on the log next to him. "It's nice when the breeze hits your skin. It isn't too cold or too hot, it's comfortable."

I rolled my eyes at the fact that he bet me, so I just smirk and watched as he closed his eyes, raising his head up to the sky. I pulled my arms right back and then as fast and hard as I could, I pulled them together and laughed as it went all over Theo.

I looked at me and gasped, shocked at what I had just done. He should of expected it though, considering we were only just doing it about twenty minutes ago. I was obviously too busy laughing, to realise that he was back in the water, and had the perfect opportunity to splash me back.

As soon as the water hit me, I realised that you should never have your mouth opened when your having a water fight. I took shallow breath in and started coughing, as the water hit the back of my throat. I could taste the water in my mouth and it tasted like dirty water.

"You're an idiot!" I yelled, leaning on the log as I continued to cough. "I hate you so much." I laughed, looking at him and shaking my head.

"Always be prepared." He smiled, swimming back over to the other side.

I started to swim behind me, taking my time, enjoying the water. I could feel the fish swimming passed me and as much as that creeped me out, I enjoyed watching them swim passed. Only the small ones though, if I see a big fish, I'll be out of the lake in 0.2 seconds. I watched as Theo stopped, waiting for me to catch up.

"Taking your time." He laughed. "I guess you should get going then. It's gonna get dark pretty soon." He informed me, looking at the sun.

"Come back. Come back with me, please." I begged him, hoping he would agree with me. "After what happened today, you can't tell me you don't want to come back. We are so much better when we're together." I told him, my facial expression completely changing.

"I will when I'm ready, little beta." He whispered, turning away from me and continuing to swim off.

I smiled, thinking about the progress I had made. Half an hour ago, he wasn't planning on coming back, but now he's thinking about it. If you ask me, that's what I call progress.

I got out of the water and felt the breeze, but like Theo said, it was a comfortable breeze. I walked over to my clothes and put my shirt on, not caring that I was still wet. I then put on my short and felt slightly uncomfortable, but I was going to go home now anyways.

"When will I see you next?" I asked him, watching as he swung his shirt over his shoulder.

"Soon." He smiled, turning around and making his way towards the woods.

I smiled and stared at the ground, smiling as I thought about seeing Theo again. I looked up and soon lost my smile, noticing that he was now out of sight. I turned around and started making my way towards my car, thinking about what to do now.

Hayden. I need to see her, make sure she's okay and still alive. I pulled out my phone and texted her, letting her know I was going to be over there soon. I unlocked my car and got inside, just sitting there for a minute.

Thinking about everything that happened. Thinking about how I really felt.