Chapter 8

Once we finished dinner, we sat down and decided to watch a movie. I don't normally watch movies, so I don't have many and all of them are pretty boring, but Theo seemed interested in a couple of them.

"What about this one? I like horror and I haven't seen this one. Is it any good?" He asked me, handing me the movies, IT.

"What do you mean you haven't seen this? This movies, is one off my favourites and it's extremely good." I told him, smiling and handing it back to him, hoping he would choose that one.

Whilst he continued to look through the small variety of movies I had, I got up and looked through my cupboards, trying to find something to eat during the movies. My mum isn't at home much and my step-dad is always at work, so we never really have any food in the cupboards.

"Hey, Theo!" I yelled out, receiving a hum in reply. "Do you like popcorn?" I asked him, pulling out a packet of in-popped popcorn.

"Yea, who doesn't?" He laughed, turning around and facing me. "It's the best when you're watching a movie."

"Alright then, I'll cook some up." I smiled and put the packet in the microwave, turning it on for a minute.

I watched as the seconds went down, waiting for the microwave to beep, signally that the popcorn was ready. I could hear Theo in the background, walking around and laughing at something.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked him, turning around and smiling. I watched as Theo walked around with a piece of string in his hands, aggravating my cat Cosmo.

"I like cats a lot. How come you didn't tell me you had one?" He laughed, picking him up and walking into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and laughed, taking out the popcorn and placing it in a bowl.

"I didn't tell you, because you never really asked I guess. We haven't really spoken about our personal lives and what we do and don't like, so I guess that's why I never told you." I walked back into the living room and sat down.

Theo followed straight behind me, not putting down Cosmo. I never really imagined Theo being a cat person, but I guess he has surprised me more then once.

"What's your cats name?" I asked him, placing the popcorn in between us and getting the movie ready.

If Theo was going to be staying with me for awhile, I want to get to know him a bit better. We don't have to get to personal and share all of our deepest secrets, I just want to know the basics. He's probably going to end up being one of my best friends, so why shouldn't at least try and get to know him.

"Her name is Athena and she is the cutest thing ever. I love her so much and miss her, but I get use to it." He explain, not making eye contact with me. "Before we moved here, I lived with my friends most of the time, until they found out something and stopped speaking to me. My dad would always kick me out for no reason, so I'm use to not seeing her."

I didn't know what to say, so I just looked at him. He's so opened and honest and I can't even say anything back to him. I know he doesn't expect me to say something personal back, but I should at least say sorry or tell him I'm here for him.

I tired to say something, but I couldn't spit it out. Everything I thought about saying, just sounded cheesy and irrelevant, so I just gave him a sad look and a weak smile. I bit down on my lip and thought about everything Theo's told me. He's opened up about so much, and I haven't told him a single thing.

"I'm really sorry to hear that. I know you probably love your dad and when he isn't kicking you out, he's probably a really nice person, but at the moment he's a dick." I told him, making him smile.

"Yea, he's always a dick even when he isn't kicking me out." He smiled, pulling out his phone after it vibrated. "See, this is my little baby. My sister sends me pictures of her everyday, so I can see her. She grows nearly every single day, I'm not even kidding." He chuckled, showing me a picture of his cat.

"She's adorable." I told him, smiling at the pictures. "You and your sister get along?" I asked him.

"Yea, she's the best. She's always there for me and she helped me through everything." He put away his phone and grabbed a hand full of popcorn.

I didn't have anything else to say, and I don't think Theo had anything else to say. I pulled out my phone quickly and checked Instagram and Snapchat, to see what everyone was up to. Mason was over at Corey's and they were getting ready for the party tomorrow, so they were pretty boring. Hayden was at Cinema working until 1:30am, so she was also boring. And then most of the others were out or getting ready for Corey's party.

"I don't get it." Theo said out of no where, patting Cosmo on the head.

"You don't get what?" I asked, putting my phone down beside me, intrigued as to what Theo was talking about.

"Why wouldn't he just go home and tell Billy that the boat fell down the drain, and this creepy as clown was talking to him. Like, why would he put his arm down there?" He asked me, looking at me like I should know the answer.

"Honestly, I agree. He's stupid for doing that, but he was probably scared. Fear can do crazy things to people." I told him, remembering when people got scared of us and turned against us.

"But, why wouldn't he run home? That's what I would do." He shook his head and continued to watch the movie.

"To be fair, he's like eight or something. If you were that old and you saw a clown in a drain, telling you that your brothers going to kill you, that there's a carnival and popcorn down there and laughed with you, that you wouldn't trust him?" I arched my eyebrows at him and waited for him to reply.

"Okay, I get it now." He whispered, smiling and turning his attention back to the movie.

I lied down on the couch and watched the movie, ignoring the feeling of my eyelids getting heavier. I forced myself to stay awake, but before I knew it, I was asleep.