Chapter 23

I pulled down Theo's shirt once I was done bandaging it. Turns out, whatever was in the jar, Deaton gave it to Scott. It's something to help get wolves bane out of your system, and it appears to be working. The bullet hole is slowly starting heal, and it looks better than when he first got here.

The bleeding has stopped, but that's probably because I stitched him up as well as I possibly could. Now, all I can do is wait. I put down the cloth in my hand, and sat down next to him. I wanted to be right here when he wakes up, so he knows he's safe.

Someone shot him, and he could've died. For all I know, he still could die. My main concern now, is for him to make it through this. When he wakes up, we'll find out what happened and then I'll kill whoever did this.

"We need to talk about what just happened." Scott spoke up, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What's there to talk about, Scott. Theo was shot and he could still die, and I wasn't there to protect him!" I yelled, covering my face with my hands. "Scott, I'm so scared right now, and I don't know what to do. People are coming for us, and we're all being targeted."

"You don't need to be scared Liam, I won't let anything happen to you. That's a promise." He told me, rubbing me on the back. "And he will wake up. That's another promise I can keep."

I didn't say anything back to that, because I didn't have anything to say. Theo is extremely strong, and I know he can pull through this, but he seems so weak right now. His heart beat is faint, but it's slowly getting stronger.

I placed my hand on his head and felt his temperature, so I know if he needs to be colder or warmer. He felt slightly colder than what he normally should be, so I'll only put a think blanket over him. I don't want him to be over heated or frozen, so a thin blanket should do for now.

"I need to get him a thin blanket, he seems a little cold." I told Scott, standing up and walking over to the living room. "Where do you keep your blankets?" I asked him.

"I don't need one." Theo softly whispered, making it harder for me to breath.

I turned around and watched as he slowly opened his eyes, but shut them again. I sat next to him again and waited for his eyes to open again, but they didn't. His heart beat was stronger, but it still seems to be weaker than what it should be.

I smiled and looked at Scott, nodding to let him know it was going to be okay. Theo might not be fully conscious yet, but he's getting there. Every time his heart beats, it get louder and faster.

"You're okay, now." I whispered, placing my hand over my heart and smiling. I took a deep breath in and stood up, walking away from Theo. I want to be there when he wakes up, but he still needs his space.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, slowly sipping at it. Everything that's been going on lately, it's so hard to understand. One day, we're all happy and loving life. Next day, we're all on the hunt and we're all watching our backs, in constant fear.

"Don't get up to fast, you're still pretty weak." Scott chuckled, standing up and walking over to Theo. "You lost a lot of blood, but you still managed to pull through."

"Yea, I'm a lot stronger than what I look." Theo laughed, lifting up his shirt slightly and checking his gun wound. "You had to stitch me up? Why wasn't I healing?" Theo looked up at us, concern in his eyes.

"The bullet was made out of wolves bane. Your body wouldn't've been able to heal from it." I explain to him, smiling as I walked over to him. "But like you said, you're a lot stronger than what you look."

"I found were the hunters are hiding. I followed one and they were all meeting up, talking about what their next move was." Theo looked down to the ground, biting his bottom lip. "They're planning something, but I didn't hear what it was. I also noticed people in there, people we all know."

"What do you mean? How would we know people in there? They're hunters and they're trying to kill us, so how would we know them?" I asked him, looking at Scott and shaking my head.

Theo shook his head as well and took a deep breath in, looking up at the ceiling and avoiding any eye contact with me. I closed my eyes and I tried to think about who it could be, because everyone I know, would never betray me like this.

"Theo, you need to tell us." Scott spoke up, taking a step closer to Theo.

"They go to our school. Liam, they're horrible people in and out of school. If I tell him, if I tell Liam, I don't know what he'll do." Theo explained, placing his hands on his hips. "Scott, I'll tell you if you promise not to tell, Liam."

"We can't keep secrets anymore, it's better that he knows as well." Scott looked down at me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I looked Theo in the eyes, and I could tell that he didn't want to tell me. He's trying to protect me or something, but I need him to tell me. At least this way I'll be able to protect myself if they come near me.

"I can't tell you then." Theo looked at Scott, shaking his head. "I need to protect, Liam and if he finds out who they are, he'll kill them!" Theo yelled, looking back down at the ground.

I looked at Theo and started to put all the pieces together. Their bad people, I obviously don't get along with them, and they go to our school. I looked at Scott and nodded, smiling once I figured out who Theo was talking about.

"It's Gabe, isn't it?" I looked up at Theo, biting the inside of my cheek.

"And Nolan." He whispered, closing his eyes. "They're working with the hunters, and they know about us. About all of us, they know all the supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills."

"But they don't know, that we know." Scott spoke up again, smiling as he looked at Theo and I. "They don't know Theo came here and told us. We can use that to our advantage." Scott smiled, pulling out his phone and texting someone.

I looked at Theo and smiled, happy that he came here and told us. I'm slightly angry that after everything we've been through, that he didn't come to me and ask for help, to find the hunters. I'm also confused as to why he came to Scott, and as to how he even knew where Scott lived.

"I've just texted everyone else, and everyone should be here soon. We'll start to make a plan, and then we'll be able to beat the hunters."

"Scott, are you sure you want to do that? I mean, there was a lot more than I expected." Theo told him, furrowing his eyebrows as he spoke. "But if you do want to do this, I'll be happy help."

"We can use all the help we can get." Scott smiled, looking down at me and smiling. "You ready to do this?" Scott asked me.

"I'm ready." I smiled, raising my hand and showing Scott my claws. "If anyone comes after me and my family again, I'll make sure they regret it." I told them both, looking outside and clenching my fist.

I am just a beta with anger issues and people might think I'm unstable because I can't control it, but they've never had to fight me. I'm a lot stronger than what they think, and I can control it enough to know when to stop.

If anyone wants to fight me, I'd be willing to fight them.