Chapter 34

I pulled the blanket over the whole mattress, getting it as even as I could. I placed all the pillows on top of each other, making a little pile of pillows. Once I was satisfied with the outcome of the bed, I jumped out of the truck and went over to, Theo who was making a fire.

"What are we going to do for dinner?" He asked me, smiling once the fire started going. "I mean, I have baked-beans in my tuck." He pointed to his truck, losing his smile.

"We could always just order some take-out." I suggested, looking up into his eyes and smiling. "Sound good?"

He nodded and went back to the fire, adding on a couple pieces of wood at a time. I pulled out my phone and dialled in Domino's number, silently laughing that I knew their number off by heart. I put the phone to my ear and waited for someone to answer.

"Domino's pizza, Mason speaking." I smiled when I heard his voice, only just realising how much I've missed him.

"Hey, buddy." I whispered. "It's Liam, can I get the usual?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure. Where's it being delivered to?" He asked me, sounding pissed off.

I don't blame him for being pissed off. I've excluded him for the passed week, but it's not because I want to. I have to do this. I don't want Mason getting caught up in the middle and possibly getting hurt. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Just off route 283." I spoke softly, trying not to sound upset. "Thanks." I whispered, hanging up and taking a deep breath out.

"Mason?" Theo asked me, looking at me and frowning. "When this is all over and when you can explain it to him, he'll understand."

I gave Theo a weak smile and nodded, hoping he was right. In the end, I would rather Mason hate me and not want to be my friend, than be my friend and get hurt. Same with, Corey and even Hayden. I've already involved to much and now she's probably also a target.

"Come here." Theo tapped a spot next to him, lying down and looking up at the stars.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, walking over to him and lying down next to him. The ground actually wasn't all that bad, but it also wasn't all that comfy. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze on my skin, taking me back to the night in the woods.

I smiled at the thought of that. The thought of when everything wasn't like this. When it was easy and you could be around anyone. When you didn't have to worry about getting shot or leaving your house. When you could be around anyone and not have to worry about them.

"Open your eyes. Look at the stars." Theo whispered, clearing any thought I had. "Now imagine, your anywhere you want to be."

I opened my eyes, looking into the stars and imagined I was in Paris. One of my dream holiday destinations. Just the thought of waking up, looking outside and seeing the Eiffel towel. Getting away from Beacon Hills, all the drama here.

"Where are you?" He asked me, his hot breath hitting my face. I smiled and turned around to him, closing my eyes.

"I'm with you and we're in Paris." I told him, trying to actually imagine that happening.

I started to imagine it all happening, when I heard a car horn. I jumped a little and looked up, seeing a Domino's pizza car, parked just in front of Theo's. I stood up and walked over to the car, smiling when I saw the pizza in her hand.

"Thank you, have a lovely night." I told her, as I handed over the money.

I took the pizza from her and ran back to Theo, slightly excited to eat the pizza. I have barely eaten all day, so this is going to be amazing.

I took the first slice I could grab and bit into it, the grease falling down the side of my lip. I don't really care if I look like a pig right now, because I am being a pig right now. I wiped my mouth and took another bite, laughing as Theo watched me eat.

"I'm starving, okay." I explain to him.

"No, I think it's cute." I looked to the ground, trying to hide my bright pink cheeks.

I placed my pizza back in the box and leaned over to Theo, placing my forehead on his. I placed my lips on his, but only kissed him for a second. I wanted this relationship to work, so I don't want to rush it.

"I have a question." Theo spoke up, placing his pizza down and wiping his hand. "What do we do now? Like, I don't mean between us. I mean, with everything around us."

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows, slightly confused.

"What are we going to do about the hunters? We obviously can't let them hunt down our friends. Does Scott have any sort of plan?" He asked me.

"We're working on something." I told him, not really wanting to get into the plan with him.

We do have and plan and we think it's going to work, but I don't want Theo in on it. I don't want him getting hurt or getting involved with this, because it's too dangerous. It's dangerous for all of us, but we're use to it. We've been through worse.

"What about school? Are you coming back?" I asked him, trying to change the subject.

"I'm thinking about it, but I don't think I will. I like it out here. I feel free." He explained to me, biting the inside of his cheek.

I just nodded, not sure what else to say. I want him to move back with me, but I also don't want to force him. I want it to be his choice and it seems like, this is what he's choosing.

"What about, Hayden? Are we friends with her or is it complicated?" Theo asked me, brining a new thought into my mind.

I never really thought about Hayden, so I can't even answer that question. It's not complicated and we're defiantly not enemies, but I also don't know if we're friends. She did help me out with Theo, but I don't know if she approves it.

I just shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what to answer that with. I looked at Theo and shrugged again, hoping that this awkward vibe, would just go away. Ever since we kissed, it's been awkward and I don't like it. I want it to go back to how it use to be.

How we would always laugh and joke around. How I would get excited when I saw him. How I use to smile, whenever I heard him talk. How he use to be there when I really needed him, but now all that's gone.

We're just left with this awkwardness, that none of us can get rid of.

------------------------
I'm so sorry that this chapter sucks. I really am trying to stay on top of uploading, but it's really hard. Not going to lie, but my life is really shit atm. School is dragging me down and it's really affecting me. My parents decided it was a good idea to take a break from social media and that's what I did, so I don't really have a lot of time to write chapters and upload. I'm either dropping out of school or moving schools, so hopefully I'll be active again soon xx
I hope you guys understand, and I love you all xx Thank you guys so freaking much.