Chapter 6

I looked at Theo and laughed, unsure how we both just climbed down those rocks, without falling or getting even a single scratch on us. He was telling me how he does it all the time though, so I'm not surprised that he did it. I'm more surprised that I did it, even though I do have super fast reflexes.

"I told you that it would be fine." He laughed, walking towards the water and leaving me behind. "You coming!" He yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth to make it louder.

"Yea, wait up!" I yelled back, running over to him. Once I caught up to him, I kept running and when I turned around, I saw him running behind me.

I was surprised by how fast he was, but I knew I could go faster. I looked in front of me and started sprinting for the water. The sand flicking up whenever I lifted my foot off the ground, the sand getting stuck in between my toes. I laughed, throwing my hands in the air and laughing, feeling free.

I stopped running when I felt the water on my feet, the coldness running up my body. I laughed and watched as Theo ran up next to me, completely out of breath.

"You're a fast runner." He told me, holding his hands above his head. "The waters a bit cold." He told me, flicking the water in the air with his foot.

"I'm still going swimming. What about you?" I laughed, running back up to the shore and taking off my shirt, breathing in the ocean air.

"I don't have spare clothes." He told me, looking at the ground and shaking his head. "I'll watch you though, I'm not really much of a swimmer." He lied to me, walking up to the shore and sitting down.

"Why don't you just get new clothes from home?" I asked him, laughing as though I didn't know that his car was his home. "Don't worry, I have a spare towel in my gym bag. Just get new clothes from home and you'll be fine."

"I just can't. You can go though, I'm fine with it." He smiled and started to draw stuff into the sand.

"Theo, you can tell the truth. It's okay, I won't judge you." I told him, letting him know that it was okay.

"I'm not allowed at home. My Dad and I got into an argument a couple of days ago and I've been staying in my car. He told me that when I got on the lacrosse team, that I was allowed home." He told me, looking at the ground the whole time.

"Come swimming and you can borrow some of my clothes. You can even stay a couple of nights if you need." I told him, standing up and smiling. "You could of told me, I wouldn't of judged."
"I know." He smiled and took off his shirt. "It takes me awhile to trust people." He let me know, not lying this time.

He smiled and ran out to the water, yelling once his knees were passed the water. He looked at me and shook his head, diving under the water and not coming back up.

"Theo!" I yelled, smiling and waiting for his head to pop back up. "Theo, you can come up now!" I yelled, starting to run out into the water. "Theo!" I yelled again, waiting for him to pop up.

I went to dive under, but the I heard someone behind me. I turned around and saw Theo's head pop out of the water. He laughed and rubbed his eyes, looking at me and smiling.

"You idiot. I thought something happened to you." I said, slightly out of breath. "Don't do that again."

"Does Liam Dunbar care about me?" He playfully pushed me and laughed. "How aren't you like freezing right now?" He laughed, looking at my body and then looking at his.

"I'm use to the cold water." I lied, looking at the goosebumps all over his body. "And I care about everyone, so don't feel lucky." I teased and looked out into the ocean.