Chapter 24

When everyone got to Scott's place, we made a plan of how to stop this. How to end this and go back to our normal lives. It's only been three days since the hunters came, and we're already petrified. None of us want to leave our house alone, and if we do, we run straight back inside pretty much.

With the plan, we have to go in groups. Either two or three people, so we could cover the whole area. I chose Theo, because I feel like we're strong together. He gives me strength, and well, I guess I can add onto his strength. The plan is pretty simple, we go in and find the hunter, Scott wants to talk and sort something out, but if they don't want to talk. We fight.

"You ready to do this?" Theo looked down at me, putting his hand over the metal doorhandle.

"Yea, I'm ready." I took a deep breath in and got ready, just in case there was something bad on the other side of the door.

Theo smiled and swung the door open, running inside and getting ready to attack anything in our way. I ran in behind me, but stopped when he did. I looked around slightly confused, waiting for something to happen.

The whole place was empty, but it still felt like there was people here. If there is still people here, they're not in this part on the building. I looked at Theo and shrugged my shoulder, walking over to the other door, so we could continue on with the plan.

"Do you hear th-" Theo started to speak, soon getting cut off by a gun shot. "Liam!" Theo yelled, running over to me and grabbing my hand.

I placed my spare hand over my ear and ran with Theo, trying to find some sort of cover. The bullets were still coming at us, but they had to stop eventually. The shooter is going to have to re-fill his gun soon, so that's when we'll attack. Theo stopped running and pulled me into a hallway, but we didn't run down it.

We just went far enough into it, that the wall could be used as a shield between us and the bullets. I looked up at Theo and sighed, unsure of what to do now.

"I knew it couldn't be that easy!" Theo yelled, taking a quick glance at the hunter. "He's slowing moving closer to us! Surely he has to be running out of bullets!" Theo yelled, looking down at me.

"He is! You can hear him trying to find more bullets!" I yelled over the gunshots, getting ready for him to stop firing.

"As soon as the bullets stop coming at us, we attack him!" Theo yelled, getting ready to attack the hunter.

I just nodded and took a deep breath in, getting ready to take him on. When the last bullet went off, Theo looked at me for a split second, and then he was gone. I shook my head and snapped back into reality, running after Theo. I stopped running when I realised that Theo had already dealt with the hunter.

They were both on the ground, but one was conscious and the other was not. Theo looked up at me and raised his eyebrows, exhaling loudly.

"I thought you were ready?" He asked me, slightly laughing.

"I didn't expect you to be that fast." I explain, walking over to him and the hunter. Just like in the woods, his heartbeat is weak, but strong enough to keep him alive.

"Maybe I should attack, and you distract." He smiled, standing up and walking over to the other door. "Don't reckon anymore will come?" He asked me, looking around before he opened up the door.

Theo's been down here before, so he knows which way to go. The door leads down to the tunnels, and the tunnels is were the hunters are hiding out. It's were they think their safe.

Theo opened up the door, which made a very loud, irritating noise, which also snapped me out of my thoughts. He smiled and took a deep breath in, taking in the smell of fresh air. He turned around and starting climbing down a ladder. I waited for him to go down a fair bit, and then I started to climb down after him.

The climb felt like it had been going on forever, and some of the bars were slippery, so I've almost fallen a couple times. It's starting to get really dark now, so we're pretty far underground. I looked down and noticed and light coming from the bottom, and smiled once I saw we didn't have long to go.

"How you going?" Theo whispered, sounding closer than what he was.

"Fine I guess. It's quite different down here than what I thought." I told him, concentrating on not slipping, considering the bars were getting slippery.

"What'd you expect? They're hunters, their not going to spend time making a nice little hide out. They come here, they make a plan, they kill, and then they go home for the night." He explained to me, helping on the last few steps down.

"I know that, but I didn't expect having to climb down a never ending ladder." I told him, pointing to the ladder and rolling my eyes.

"Fair enough, I guess I should of told you about that. Next time, I'll remember to tell you everything." He sarcastically told me, raising his hands in the air. "Now, lets continue."

I rolled my eyes and kept walking, following Theo wherever he went. I looked around and noticed all the scratches on the wall, and got shivers down my spine. It looks like they dragged a werewolf down here and it's scratched up the wall, trying to get out of here.

"Theo, I don't feel safe down here." I told him, playing with fingers nervously. "Can we go back and maybe bring the others down here as well? Like you said, there are so many more of them than us."

"Don't worry little wolf, I won't let them hurt you." He told me, putting his arm over my shoulder and pulling me closer to him.

I smiled and looked up at Theo, watching as he slowly looked down at me. He looked into my eye and I saw something change in him. His emotions changed, but I don't know why or what he's feeling. He took his arm off me and laughed, playfully punching me.

"And then again, you'll be able to protect yourself, Liam. You're super strong." He smiled, making eye contact with me for no longer than three seconds.

He cleared his throat and walked off in front of me. I shook my head and tried to pretend none of that just happened, because I don't even know what happened.

I watched Theo closely, because I could tell something wasn't right. He looked at me and shook his head, placing his hand in front of me, signalling for me not to move. He looked around the corner and quickly jumped back, biting his bottom lip.

I waved my hand and tried to get him to look at me, but he didn't. He just looked at the ground and started to run his hands through his hair. I didn't know what was going on, but I needed to find out.

I walked up to Theo and looked around the corner, trying to see what got Theo so speechless. I jumped back as well, hoping none of them saw me. There's four hunters over there, guarding the door, with really big guns.

"Theo, now what? We need to go back and get the others." I whispered, my heart beating out of my chest.

I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him away, so we could go back, but he just snatched his arm straight back. He shook his head and took a slow, deep breath in.

"No, we fight." He looked at me, flashing his eyes and running out into the open.

He looked at me and smiled, turning back to the hunter and growling, showing just how fearless he was. I stood there in shock, confused how he could be this fearless, considering not even a day ago, I felt like I needed to protect him from everything.

Maybe he's not the same guy I thought he was. Maybe he's more dangerous, than what I thought he was.

—————————
Next chapter is going to be so good! :) It's what you've all been waiting for...