Chapter 63

My heart started pounding faster and faster as we came towards the corner. Plan is Brett's going to slow down enough for Theo, Malia and I to all jump out and run to Scott's place. It's not the best plan, but it's the only one we've got. Brett's going to take Allison to the hospital and Lydia's going to wait with her there. As soon as she's in there, Brett's going to come back ere as fast as he can.

We need as many people here with us, so with two people already down and another going for awhile, we're not doing too well.

"Get ready to jump." Brett told me, jerking his head towards the corner.

"On three!" I yelled, holding onto the door handle. "One! Two! Three!"

All in sync we opened up the door and jumped out, landing on our feet. Well at least Malia and I did. I looked down at Theo and watched as he rolled over in pain, holding his ribs as he landed on them. I reached out my hand and helped him up, smiling as he looked down at me.

"Lets go." He whispered, running off with Malia.

I wanted to yell at Theo and know exactly what it was that I did, but I didn't want to make the situation worst. If anything, he's the one in the wrong. If this whole thing is about me hugging Brett, he needs to know that Brett means nothing to me. Yes he's a friend and we've been through a lot together, but that's all he is to me.

Theo's the only guy I want and need. So if he's going to be like this, then that's up to him. I'm not going to get pissed and beat myself up over it. I know I probably should apologise, but I've done absolutely nothing wrong to him.

"Hurry up Liam!" Malia yelled out to me, looking over her shoulder for a quick second.

I shook my head and started running, trying to catch up with them. I looked up ahead and saw Scott's front lights on. Everything looked fine around it, but there was more than four heartbeats in there. He's probably called a pack meeting or something just to be sure, but there could also be anyone in there.

As we made it took the front door, I took a couple breaths in and knocked on the door. I looked in through the glass and saw someone making their way to open it up.

"Liam!" Scott yelled, running over to me and embracing me in a hug. "Malia!" He did the same to her as well.

"Hey, Scott." Malia whispered, hesitantly hugging him back.

"Where's Brett, Lydia and Allison?" He asked us, looking around trying to find them.

I looked at Malia and slowly shook my head, not wanting to tell him yet. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows, as if to ask if I was being serious. I know it's selfish and wrong, but I need him to be ready for anything. I can't let him get distracted and get himself or someone else killed. I know he's been dealing with this a lot longer than I have, but I know for a fact Allison and Stiles have been there for him every step of the way.

They've all had their ups and downs, but if anything happened to either one of those two it would completely destroy him. I can't let that happen. Not yet anyways.

"They went to Allison's to get some ammo and other stuff." Theo told him, sounding just as blunt as he did with me. "Should be here soon."

"What he said." Malia nodded, looking from Theo to Scott. "So, where is everyone?"

I looked up from the ground and looked Scott in the eye, taking a deep breath in. Blood. It was coming from inside, but I don't know who's blood it is. I tilted my head slightly and furrowed my eyebrows, waiting for him to say something or explain what was going on.

"Everyone's inside, but something happened," he looked at me, shaking his head. "He's stable and he's going to be fine, but he's pretty beaten up."