Chapter 74

I looked into Gabe's eye, seeing what all of this was doing to him. It was making him go insane. All this power, having control over everyone who believes him, the feeling of taking someone's life for the first time. It's all getting to him and it's slowly consuming him and before he knows it, it's going to take him over.

I looked around at everyone and watched as they all slowly gathered around Theo, Gabe and I. They're all on his side and for all we know, they might be working with him. They might all turn on us within seconds and who knows what that can lead to. It could lead to a fight that ends in bloodshed or a fight that ends in understanding.

I looked at Theo and nodded, looking around at everyone and clearing my throat. Everyone looks more worried and terrified rather than angry and vengeful. So maybe if I can explain to them, show them what we do, maybe they will understand and see it from our point of view. Maybe they won't judge us and see us as the monsters. As the threats.

"I need everyone to hear this!" I yelled, projecting my voice as loudly as I could. "We're not the monsters! We don't go out there every night and find someone new to torture. We protect those who need protecting and we've been protecting Beacon Hills for years! Without us, we wouldn't have a place to call home!"

I looked at everyone and listened as they all started whispering amongst each other. I looked over to Theo and walked over to him, standing by his side. I looked up at Theo and smiled, hoping I got through to at least someone, maybe even everyone.

I heard someone clapping, but a sarcastic kind of clap. The clap you do when you're not impressed or don't care about what the other person is talking about. Or the one you do when you know you're about to say something stupid.

"Wow that was so pathetic." Gabe said, laughing as he looked at me. "You really believe we'll listen to you and actually believe that youse protect Beacon Hills? A bunch of werewolves and supernatural creatures run around at night, saving us?"

"Yes I do, because that's the truth!" I yelled, making sure I didn't come off too violent.

"Don't you get it? These people here aren't scared of me! They're scared of you," he pointed towards me and started getting closer to me.

I pushed out my chest slightly, trying to make myself look bigger and stronger. I'm not afraid of Gabe but if he hits me, I'm not going to be able to do anything back. Not because I don't think I'll be able to, but because I don't want people to fear me. I want them to understand me. Understand me and what I've done for them and Beacon Hills.

Gabe stopped right in front of me, looking me dead in the eyes with a smirk on his face. I looked back at him, making sure he knew I wasn't afraid of him. Even if I did fear him, I wouldn't never show it. He looked over at Theo and then back at me, pushing me out of the way.

I stumbled back a bit and looked at him, my facial expression showing the anger I was feeling. I could hear Theo next to me, growling slightly at Gabe. I looked at Theo and shook my head, only realising it was too late. Everyone around us was looking at Theo's as though he was a monster.

"See! This is what I was telling youse about," Gabe yelled, pointing over to Theo. "My point has been proven."

"You're not much different Gabe!" Someone yelled from in the crowed, their voice extremely familiar. "At least they protect Beacon Hills and us. At least they're doing something good."

As the voice pushed through the crowed, Nolan walked out over towards us, nodding his head as he pulled out his phone. He pulled up a picture of Gabe and a group of hunters surrounding someone as they were torturing him. I looked at Gabe in disgust, but also relived Nolan was here.

He walked around with his phone, showing everyone the picture. Gabe looked over at him, clenching his fist and jaw. I knew from experience where this was leading to, but until he does something, I need to stay away from him.

"Yeah, that's right everyone. That man over there is working with a group of people to torture and kill innocent people!" Nolan yelled, looking over at Gabe and smiling. "This ends now. All of it."

"Or what? Before you know it he'll betray and leave you, just like he did with us." Gabe told us, looking at everyone as he spoke. "That's right everybody, Nolan use to do the exact same thing. He use to be apart of that group that he talks so low about. In fact, he's the one who got me to join it."

"I joined because I thought we were meant to be protecting everyone, not killing them!" Nolan yelled at him, getting right in his face.

I took a deep breath in and started to pick up on everyone's emotions. The main one that I could smell though was confusion. Whether it's because they don't know who to believe or if they don't know who the good guys are in this situation, but one thing I know for sure is they need to know the truth. Even if that means telling them the whole truth.

"You know what," Gabe mumbled before throwing a punch at Nolan.

I watched as Nolan stumbled back, looking at Gabe and running towards him, tackling him to the ground. I looked over at Theo and raised my eyebrows, running over to Gabe and Nolan and pulling Nolan off Gabe, only to receive a punch in the jaw from Gabe. I looked down at him and shook my head, punching him directly in the nose.

I could feel someone trying to pull me off, but I didn't allow them. The anger I had bottle up inside me was too much for me to handle and I've kept it bottle up for too long. And this is me now at breaking point.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Theo pulling my shirt, trying to get me off, but as I went to stand up I felt a knee go into my stomach. I collapse to the ground, holding my stomach as the pain radiated through my body. I looked over at Gabe and saw him and Nolan having it out with each other.

I stood up and run over to them, grabbing Gabe off him and throwing him over to the other side of the room. I helped Nolan up and nodded, standing beside Theo with Nolan on the other side of him. We all stood there, standing over Gabe and waiting for him to come at us again.

I could feel everyone staring at me, their judgmental eyes watching as I fought Gabe. But all of them are witnessing the same thing... the real monsters we both are.