Chapter 86

My eyes suddenly shot opened as I heard a piercing scream. I shot up and looked around, my breath getting hitched in my throat. I looked around suddenly, scared of what was making that noise. I looked out to where we were last night, to see Mason getting squirted by a water gun. I took a shaky breath out and rested my head back on the pillow, resting my arm on my forehead.

"Corey, I swear to god I am going to kill you!" Mason yelled, running towards Corey.

Corey yelled and ran away from him, then camouflaging into a tree. I've seen him do it a hundred times, but it still doesn't get any better or less weird. Almost gets weirder the more times you see it.

"Really? We've been dating for two years now and you don't think I won't be able to find you?" Mason asked him, walking over to a different tree and grabbing thin air.

Sure enough though, it was Corey. I rolled my eyes and turned onto my side, looking at Theo. His hair was covering half of his face, covering his eyes as he remained asleep. I smiled as Corey started screaming again, running towards the truck.

I quickly sat up and put a finger up to my lip, creasing my eyebrows as I pointed down to Theo. Corey stopped running and screaming, looking at me with wide eyes, as he slowly backed away from me. Mason came running towards him and stopped instantly when Corey shook his head, pointing over to me and Theo. I lay back down and closed my eyes, resting my hand on my forehead.

"What the fuck?" Theo croaked out, his eyes still closed. He took a deep breath in and slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the sudden bright light.

"Morning," I whispered, running my fingers through his hair to reveal his eyes. "Good sleep?"

"Not too bad until I woke up to those two. You?" He smiled, sitting up and stretching out his arms.

"Considering we only got three hours of sleep and I feel pretty great, I guess I got a pretty good sleep." I told him, sitting up next to him.

I unlocked the boot of the car and jumped out, stretching out my whole body. I help Theo out and walked over to everyone else. Everyone looked like they only got about five hours of sleep, tops. I sat down and looked over at the fire, smelling the bacon as it cooked in the pot.

Malia had her hoodie covering her face, as she fell back asleep on her chair. Stiles was cooking the bacon, but the look on his face made it look like he had other important things on his mind. The only energetic people around us where Corey, Mason and Isaac. Everyone else just seemed half dead or like they were sleep walking.

"Good morning," Stiles smiled, taking his eyes off the bacon. "Where did you two lovebirds get off to last night?"

"Went to bed and watched a couple movies," Theo told him, sitting down next to me.

"What did you watch?" Mason asked us, running over to sit down next to me.

"The first three or four Harry potter's." Theo told him, sounding unsure.

"Without me? Screw you, Dunbar." Mason looked at me with a hurt expression, but then started laughing as he did so.

Stiles stood up and put all the bacon onto a plate, setting it aside as he started to cook some toast. I don't know what was up, but there was something wrong with him. He wasn't his usual sarcastic, happy, uplifting self. He almost seemed... deflated.

I stood up and walked over to him, helping him with the toast. As he popped it out and put in two other pieces, I would butter the freshly toasted ones. I was waiting for the right time to ask him what was wrong, but I also don't know how to ask him. Go straight into the question? Make small talk? Ask the question with another question?