Chapter 42

As soon as the sun started to set, we began the plan. We already know that Gabe has probably gone and told them that we know, so we can't risk them moving or trying to destroy any evidence, so we need to do this now.

Allison, Theo and I, are all going to break inside. We've changed the plan slightly, but not major parts. My group are going inside and getting Hayden, Scott's group is then going to come in and distract the hunters, but instead of Lydia and Stiles coming in, they're going to wait until everything has calmed down. We don't want to risk anyone else getting hurt or taken.

"Why don't we just break into this window?" Allison asked us, pointing to a back window. "I mean, it's already half open."

"Don't forget, they're probably expecting us to be here. Gabe's most likely told them everything, so this is probably a trap." I reminded her, looking at the window and shaking my head. "Keep an eye out for him. I wanna know if he's here."

I walked around the other side, checking all the windows. They're all closed, except for that one over there. I looked at them all and started thinking. Maybe they want us to think the window that is open is actually a trap, but it's not. Or maybe that's what they want us to think, but it actually is a trap. Or maybe there is no trap and I'm just to paranoid.

"Liam, come on!" Allison whispered louder, waving her hand, gesturing that I should go over to her.

"Babe, come on." Theo whispered, catching my attention.

I know I told Theo that I wanted everyone to know and I didn't care anymore, but this isn't how I expected anyone to find out. I slowly turned my head towards Allison, trying to see if she heard.

"What did you just say?" She looked at Theo, shocked.

"I said, 'I see Gabe, come on.'" Theo quickly answered, walking passed Allison, towards the open window.

I still didn't trust it, but it was our only way in. Allison insisted on going in first, as she thinks she stronger and braver than both of us, which I can't deny. She put her foot onto my hand and then I gave her a boost us, making sure she didn't fall back.

Once she was inside, she ran to the back door and opened it up for Theo and I. As soon as I walked inside, I got instant chills. I could already tell that this place was torture, and if we don't get Hayden out soon, she might go crazy.

"No! Please, stop!" I heard Hayden scream, sending shivers down my spine. "Please, I don't know what you're talking about! I only go to school with him. I don't know him personally!" She yelled, fear in her voice.

"We know that!" Someone yelled at her, causing me to wince. "But, you know someone who does know him personally. Your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend anymore." She told him, her voice going stiff.

Next thing all I could hear was her scream. Her scream sounded raw and like it hurt her throat, but she was in pain. They're doing something to her, but I'm not going to allow that. I ran up the stairs and broke down the door, running towards her screams.

I can hear Theo and Allison behind me, yelling out my name, but I can't listen to them right now. Not when I'm so close. I ran down a long hallway and into another room, where Hayden was. I felt my heart stop as soon as I saw her. She has blood dripping down her face, cuts on her arms and legs, bruises on her body. That's all I could concentrate on, and I almost didn't see who was behind her.

It was, Nolan. He was crouched behind Hayden, holding a gun to her head. That would explain why the room was dead silent. All I can hear is their heart beat. Hayden's is beating faster than it should be, but Nolan's isn't. It's steady, almost like he finds joy in what he's doing.

"Put down the gun, Nolan. You don't need to get hurt." I told him, half lying.

"I can't do that, Dunbar. You see, you really hurt my friend. You and your pathetic boyfriend, who by the way, most likely won't even make it to this room." He laughed, lifting the gun from Hayden's head, now aiming it at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, my heart now dropping.

"I mean, we have hunters everywhere. For all we know, Theo might already be dead." He looked down at Hayden and smiled, aiming the gun back at her. "Maybe you can have him back now that Theo's gone."

"Nolan! You don't have to do this." I whispered, raising my hand slowly, showing him I wasn't the threat.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way." He whispered back, closing his eyes to try and hold back the tears.

I didn't come all this way to let her die. I won't allow that. I looked up at Nolan and flashed my eyes, a slight growl escaping my mouth. Everything suddenly became slow motion, like I had all the time in the world to save, Hayden. I heard the gun click, and I know all to well what happens after that.

I got ready to jump and grab the gun out of his hand, but before I had time to do that, the gun was already out of his hand. I looked behind me and saw Allison, smiling, holding up her bow. I looked back over to the gun and saw an arrow right next to it.

"Nice shot." Theo laughed, running in behind her.

As soon as I saw him, I could finally breathe again.

"Thanks." She smiled, grabbing out another arrow and getting ready to shoot again.

I looked back at Nolan and smiled, showing him my fangs. I slowly walked backwards, standing beside Allison and Theo.

"Ready?" Theo asked me, holding up his claws.

"Ready." I smiled, running towards Nolan.

-------------------
Good news, it's finally holidays and I get two weeks off. Bad news, I'm going camping tomorrow for six days, so I probably won't have time to update a new chapter. Even better news, when I get back home, I'll give you all a minor spam.
Thank you all SOOOO much for 23K! I love you all!! XX