Chapter 30

I grabbed Hayden's bag off the end of my bed, and threw it around my shoulder, carrying it down to my car. I put it in the back, and waited for her to come down. From memory, she was telling me something about make-up and something about how she never leaves the house without on it. I don't understand why she even puts on make-up, because she's already beautiful without it on.

"You ready?" She asked me, walking out the front door and smiling. I looked into her eyes and smiled, nodding and opening the front door for her.

"You look stunning, by the way." I told her, grabbing her hand and placing a kiss on it. "You going home or am I dropping you off somewhere else?" I asked her, making sure I knew where I needed to go.

"It's only like ten minutes away, but can you drop me off at my friends place?" She asked me, pulling out her phone and replying to someone's text message.

"Who you talking to?" I asked her, pulling out of the driveway and making my way to her destination.

"Just a friend, actually that's who I'm going to go and see." She smiled, putting her phone in her handbag and looking out her window.

I looked at her and watched as she refused to look at me, almost like she didn't want me to find out something. The first thought that came to mind was, she's cheating on me. And sadly, that's the thought I can have. If she's not looking at me, suddenly she's acting like she's hiding something, and she's texting someone without saying their name. I don't know what else I'm suppose to think.

"What's her name?" I asked her, taking a left turn, trying to find out who it was. "Is she new or something?"

"No, he's not." She looked at me, and smiled. "He's been at this school for awhile, but he needs help studying." She told me, grabbing my hand and smiling. "And don't worry, I think he's gay." She laughed, trying to make me feel better.

"What's his name?" I asked her, turning into his street and looking out for his house number.

"You might know him, I think he's on the team, Nolan." As soon as I heard his name, I slammed on the breaks. I couldn't let her go to his place, knowing what I know about him.

"You are not going there, I will not let you." I told her, looking at her, my eyes wide with anger. She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows, obviously confused as to why I wasn't going to let her go in there. "Just trust me, you can't."

"And trust me, I am. He's paying me to help him and I'll be there with other people, Liam. It's not just us two." She told me, leaning over the car seat and placing a kiss on my lips. "I'll see you at school on, Monday." She smiled, getting out of the car and grabbing her bag.

I smiled and watched as she went inside, not sure if I should go in after her or just trust that she can look after herself. If I didn't already have plans, I would of went in without a second thought, but I do have plans.

I shook my head and continued on down the road, soon entering a forest like area. The trees were wet from the rain, but it was still sunny and warm. I continued down the road as far as I could, until I reached a gate. The road ended here, meaning I would have to walk the rest of the way.

I jumped out, locked my car and started making my way to the river. The area is pretty isolated from everything else, so I feel pretty safe out here and like I don't have to watch my back all the time. I looked around, and noticed how all the trees looked perfectly in line and all the same height. I smiled, watching as two squirrels ran up and down the tree, chasing each other.

"It's nice isn't it?" He asked me, coming from behind me and standing next to me.

I looked at him and nodded, watching as the waterfall fell into the water, creating a loud splash. I looked around and realised, that this was the place Jessica was talking about. This is Theo's safe place.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked him, looking at the ground and clenching my fist. "You told me that you loved me and then you disappeared. I went crazy, trying to find you! God! You know about the hunters and you know that they're hunting down werewolves, so why would you leave? Why didn't you tell me, you selfish son of a bitch!" I yelled, getting right into his face, occasionally pushing him backwards.

I took a deep breath in and shook my head, waiting to hear his excuse that he's probably been working on since he left. He looked at me and gave me a weak smile, making me furious that he still has the audacity to smile. I just looked at him and let it all out. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"You left me and I felt so lost, but you didn't care. You just left and didn't bother telling me, so why did you want me to come here, Theo?" I asked him, wiping away a tear as it streamed down my face. "Why did you come back for me?"

"Because I also felt lost without you and I need you back in my life. You're the reason I smile and the reason I can be myself, because you never judged who I was. Even when you found out who I really was, and then I realised I was in love with you. I never felt that way before, so it scared me." He started to explain, slowly walking closer to me. "And I thought it also scared you, so I thought if I disappeared, that it would be easier for you. And I was watching you, and then I realised you need me as much as I need you. I'm sorry." He whispered the last part, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged him back and let it all out. I pulled him in tighter, trying to hide the sound of my sobs, clearly failing. He pushed me away from him, looking down at me and wiping the tears off my face.

"I can't be around you." He told me, slowly taking a step back, so we were still in arms reach.

"I understand, but I'm still angry that you let me go on that long, without saying something to me or at least letting me know that you were okay." I told me, smiling and wiping my face.

Theo looked at me and smirked, looking at the sky and then down at the lake. I could already tell by the look on his face, what he was going to do. He walked closer to the lake and took off his shirt, looking back at me and waving for me to come over. I smiled and made my way over to him, watching as he started running to the lake.

I did the same as Theo and took off my shirt and shorts, and running down to the lake. Once my foot hit the water, I remembered the first time Theo and I went to the beach. It was similar to this, but the water was freezing cold and the water in the lake is actually quiet nice.

I looked over at Theo and smiled, only just realising, how much I really did need Theo in my life. He doesn't just make me stronger, but he also makes me happier. Happier than anyone I know.