Chapter 19

"Honey, dinners ready if you want any." I woke up to my Mom whispering, slightly shaking my body.

I turned around and opened my eyes, looking at the time and seeing that it was 11o'clock. I fell asleep for about an hour and a half, but I cant remember closing my eyes and falling asleep.

"Alright, I'll be down in five." I told her, my voice coming out croaky. I got out of bed and threw on the first shirt I could find and going downstairs.

I looked into the living room and noticed that it was nice and clean. There was no glass or stuffing from the couch all over the ground, and the window had been covered up by timber. I'm guessing my Dad did the window and my Mom did the cleaning up.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table, smiling as my Mom handed me a container of take away. I looked into the container and saw some rice, so I put some on my plate. I grabbed another container with what looked like beef, and some sort of sauce over it, so I placed some on my plate as well.

"How you doing, Liam?" I looked up and watched as both my Mom and Dad stared at me, waiting for me to reply. "Your mother and I were talking about it, and we don't think you should go back to school for a couple of days. Just until we know you're okay."

"I'm fine, but I think the schools going to be shut down for a couple of days anyways." I told them both, eating a mouthful of the Chinese.

"Why?" My Mom asked, placing some vegetables on her plate.

"They haven't told you yet?" I asked them, my mouth full of food. I quickly chewed it up and swallowed it, getting ready to explain what happened at school today. "At school we had to have a lockdown, because there was people in the school and they had guns. They shot a someone, but I don't know if they died."

"That would of been the young boy that came in today. He got shot, and was in a critical condition. He's stable now, but he's still not great." My Mom told me, looking at my Dad and shaking her head. "Why is this happening to us? To you?" She asked me, dropping her fork and taking a deep breath in.

"It's not happening to me. It's just a really big coincidence." I told her, grabbing her hand and smiling. "Don't worry Mom, I'm fine. We're all fine."

"I think this is a good time to talk about it, but we were both thinking about moving houses. I know you and your mother have been here most your life, but it's not safe anymore." My dad started to explain, grabbing my Mom's other hand and smiling.

"We were thinking of moving somewhere closer to the hospital, so we can spend more time at home. And now that I think about it, I think you should move schools. I don't feel like it's a safe school and I don't feel comfortable sending you there everyday." My Mom told me, her eyes tearing up as she started to talk about school.

"Mom, I'll be fine. And I think it's a great idea to move." I told them both, smiling at the idea of moving.

I went to eat another mouth full of Chinese, but I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. One rule at the dinner table is no phones, but after what happened tonight, it could be a really important message. I pulled out my phone and tried not to make it obvious that I was on my phone, because I didn't want to hand it over.

Message from: Theo 😍:
Meet in woods in front of your house, I need to talk to you.

I put my phone back in my pocket and continued to eat my dinner, making sure I ate faster than before. Once I was full and almost everything was off my plate, I stood up and put my plate in the sink.

"I think I might just go to bed. After today, surprisingly I'm quiet tired." I walked back into the dinning room, stretching and yawning as if I was tired. "Night guys, I'll see you after work." I told them both, kissing my Mom on the forehead and walking up to my room.

Once I got into my room, I locked the door behind me and went over to my window. I would of told them where I was going, but after what happened tonight, I'll be lucky just to go out onto my front lawn. I opened up my window and waited for my parents to start talking again.

I've snuck out of my house plenty of times before, but their normally asleep and I don't have to worry about being quiet, because their bedroom is on the other side of the house to my bedroom. Once I could hear them talking again, I stepped out onto my roof and started making my way towards the tree, right beside my bedroom window.

Once I got to the tree, I grabbed onto a branch and started making my way towards the ground, making sure I stayed out of sight from any windows. I landed on the ground and crouched down, running across the front yard, staying out of sight from the police car, and onto the other side of the road. I took a deep breath in once I entered the woods, knowing that I made it out of my house safely.

"Theo!" I whispered loudly, flashing my eyes making sure I had clear vision, looking around to see if I could find Theo. I walked deeper into the woods, making sure I was aware of all my surroundings. "Theo, I'm here! Theo!" I whispered louder this time.

I shook my head and stopped flashing my eyes, pulling out my phone and checking if Theo has texted me at all. I unlocked my phone and went onto out messages, noticing that he hadn't texted me. I went to go and text him, asking where he was, but then I hear someone behind me. They were moving slowly, and coming up behind me.

I curled up my fist and waited for the right time. I turned my head around slowly, watching as the figure go closer to me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, letting it happen. I turned around in a hurry, running up to the person and jumped on them.

I looked at them and growled, looking into their eyes and watching as they tried to get me off them. I raised my hand and looked at my claws, listening as his heart beat started to race, knowing that I wasn't afraid to kill him.

"Liam, it's me! Stop!" I slowly lowered my hand, furrowing my eyebrows and looking down at the person I was sitting on.

"Theo?" I asked him, as I turned back to human. "Why didn't you reply when I called out your name? I could of killed you!" I yelled at him, getting off him and helping him up.

"Well I didn't really hear you, considering I'm not a freaking werewolf!" He yelled at me, raising his hands to his side as his voice got louder.

"Right, sorry about that." I told him, biting the corner of my lip and rubbing the back of my neck.

I stood there and looked at him, watching as his dusted the leaves of his back. I smiled as he looked up at me, shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"Look, I need to talk to you. It's really important and I feel like every single time I try and tell you, we get interrupted." He started to explain, walking closer to me. "It's something about me and you need to know about this, before you hear it from anyone else."

I stood there and nodded, listening closely to every word he said. I could hear worry in his voice, but it wasn't like a scared worried. It was more of a nervous, not knowing what to say worried.

"I don't even know how to tell you this, because I never put any thought into this. I guess, I should just come out and say it, because that's the easiest way." He told me, taking a deep breath in and looking me in the eyes.

Even though it was pitch black outside, the light from the moon was enough to light up Theo's face. Well, enough for me to see his eyes and mouth clearly, the rest is kind of a blur. Theo went to go and speak again, but then he paused.

I paused as well, to scared to move. I could tell Theo was feeling the same as me, but his heart beat was steady. He was calmer than me, and that's unusual for Theo. I looked down and his shirt and took a shaky breath in, thinking of what I needed to do to protect him.

There was two red laser's on Theo's top, and I knew what they belong to. Sadly, I've seen them far to many times and I'm getting sick of looking at them. They belong to the hunters and they only use them went their hunting for something, and in this case. Their hunting for Theo and I.

I looked at him and nodded, letting him know that I had a plan. I needed to wait for the gun to go off, and then I'll jump in front of Theo. I'll take the bullet for him, and then hopefully he start to run, so he can be safe.

I listened for the gun and as soon as I heard the bang, I knew what I had to do.

————————-
Two updates, because why not 💁🏼‍♀️ Enjoy my loves xx