Chapter 55

3 weeks later:
After that night, everything went silent. We haven't heard anything about the hunters and Gabe hasn't been at school since that night. We think Gabe told the hunters about Nolan, because they kicked him out and they've moved from their old bunker.

Even though he's been kicked out and should be really careful, because they could be back at any moment and kill Nolan for all we know, he's still helping us look for them. He calls Gabe every night, hoping that he'll pick up. He also tries some other people from the group, but they've all blocked him out of their lives.

Everything feels different. We should be feeling safer, but if anything. We're more scared than we've ever been. Not knowing were they are and not having someone on the inside, it's terrifying. For all we know, they could be out there right now watching us. Watching and tracking our every move, getting ready to attack when we're at our weakest.

And that's why Theo and I have planned a camping trip. To get away for a couple of days and not have to worry about the hunters. To just let go and feel free. Not have to worry about something bad happening.

"This lake is the best." Theo told me, pointing to a lake on the screen. "I went there a couple time when I was younger. We use to go there for family holidays, before my dad turned into a complete alcoholic asshole."

"It looks beautiful." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. "How long do you think?"

"Three days? Leave the Friday get back on Monday?" He asked me, tapping his finger on the keypad.

"Sounds amazing." I smiled, kissing his forehead. "Who are we inviting? Just us, or do you want to invite some friends?"

"We can invite the pack. See who wants to come anyways." Theo shrugged, looking at some other photos. "Maybe even Mason and Corey?" He suggested.

I nodded my head and went onto the group chat, seeing that no one was active. I looked down at Theo and bit the inside of my mouth, unsure of who to invite. Mason and I still aren't really on talking terms, because I've been shutting him out with everything going on with the hunters. I don't want him to get involved, but now that they're getting stronger and there's more people getting involved, I think it's time I tell him. Especially with Corey being a supernatural creature.

To: Pack 🐺
Hey everyone! Theo and I are planning a camping trip for a couple days to get away for a couple of days. Anyone want to join? Let us know ASAP :)

I sent the message and put my phone on the bench, waiting for anyone to reply. I sat back down next to Theo and rested my head on his shoulder, looking at his computer screen. I looked at all the images he was pulling up, agree with them all.

"So is this like a camp site or one of those places people just camp at for fun?" I asked him so I knew roughly how much money I would need.

"We're not suppose to be here, but nobody ever goes out there. We're just going for a couple days anyways." He told me, searching something on his laptop. "And this is everything we can do. Hike trails, cliffs we can jump off, obviously rivers and lakes, fishing and we can even go kayaking."

"Sounds amazing." I smiled, grabbing my phone as it started to vibrate.

From: Pack (Allison) 🏹
Hey, so we've all spoken about it and Malia, Lydia and I would love to tag along. Everyone else is staying though, so far. Thanks! :)

I showed Theo the message and watched as he nodded. I can tell though that something isn't right with him and I think it's the fact that Malia is going. Ever since Theo's become apart of the pack, Malia's treated him different to everyone else. From the very beginning, she hasn't trusted him.

I don't know why, but I've never bothered to ask. It's just the way Malia is and for all we know, it's probably for the most stupidest reason. Something like, Theo gave her a strange look or a weird vibe. Something that isn't worth stressing over.

"Everything will be fine." I whispered, kissing his forehead.

"We really need to get out of here. Out of this place. It's not safe for us here anymore." He whispered back, closing the lid of his laptop.

"I know." It's true what he's saying. But I can't leave. Not yet.

I stood up and grabbed Theo's hand, dragging him up from the seat. I gestured my head towards the stairs, walking towards them.

"Let's start packing and just get away from here for a couple days." I gave him a weak smile, trying to cheer him up. "I promise. We'll get out of here one day."

I grabbed my suitcase down from a cupboard and started going through all my clothes, picking out everything I need or think I might possible need. I looked over at Theo and saw the confused look on his face.

"What?" I laughed, walking over to him.

"Why so much?" He asked me, looking down at my pile of clothes.

"There not all coming. I'm just making a pile and then I'll choose which ones I want." I told him, throwing another shirt onto the pile. "Shouldn't you start packing? I mean, we are laving tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'll probably leave soon. You know, I just don't really wanna have to spend too much time at home." He told me, folding up the clothes I threw on my bed.

I mentally slapped myself in the head, completely forgetting about why he was even here. Literally every night he comes here until around 11, so he doesn't have to stay at home. How can I just forget something like that? Something so important.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I completely forgot with all this planning and excitement, it kind of just went straight over my head. Sorry baby." I apologised, helping him fold up my clothes. "If you want, you can stay the night here. Maybe help me pack and then tomorrow instead of going to first period, we can go to your place and pack. I mean, your dad will be at work so you won't have to see him."

"That sounds perfect." He smiled, pulling out his phone. "I'll just let Tara know."

I nodded my head and started to look through my folded clothes, deciding which one I do and don't need. I'll obviously need my swimmers, something to sleep in, warm clothes, something for when it's hot and something to walk around in.

I looked over at Theo and smiled. I already know how lucky I am, but I still don't know why I'm so lucky. I have everything anyone could ever ask for and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have Theo in my life, a loving family, an alright school, amazing friends.

I honestly can't ask for much more. Maybe just for the hunters to disappear for good, but we're still working on that one. And I can already tell, that this time. This time the plans gonna work.

————————————
Sorry for this shitty chapter. It's just a filler for the next chapter so sorry about that. Hope you have a good day xx