Chapter 14

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing, slightly annoyed that I had to get up. I turned around slowly and leaned on my arm, picking up my phone and turning off my alarm. I went to say good morning to Theo, but realised he wasn't in his bed.

I quickly got up and ran down the stairs, making I didn't fall or slip over. I ran into the kitchen and looked for him, hoping I didn't miss him. I ran into the living room and took a deep breath out when I saw him on the ground, playing with Cosmo.

"Hey you're awake." He looked at me and stood up, patting Cosmo's head before coming over to me. "Sorry, I had to say goodbye to him."

"It's fine, I was just worried that you already left and I didn't get a chance to say goodbye." I explained to him, blinking the tears out of my eyes before he could see them. "When are you leaving?"

"Now, I was just about to come and say bye to you." He laughed, picking up his small bad and slinging it across his arm. "Thank you again so much and tell your Mom I said thanks again."

"Did you speak to my Mom this morning?" I asked him, wondering if she was home yet.

"She rang the home phone, but you were still asleep so she told me to tell you that she was staying at the hospital. She said there was no point in her coming home because she had to start early the next day." He told me, leaning on the wall.

I just nodded and played with my fingers, slightly annoyed at how my own mother can't even be here. I guess I'm use to it though. Always being alone and having to do things by myself. Theo walked over to me and put out his hand, going for a handshake, but I push it away from me.

Instead of shaking his hand, I gave him a hug. It felt necessary and I know he's fine with it, because as soon as I hugged him, his heart stopped beating crazy fast. It slowed down to a normal pace and he hugged me back, tighter then what I hugged him.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow." He told me, letting go of me and placing his hands on my shoulder. He looked down at me and gave me one last smile, adding a wink onto it this time. "Catch you later, Dunbar."

I laughed at the way he called me Dunbar and followed his to the front door, waiting for him to get into his car and leave. Once he was in the car and pulling out of the drive way, I waved him goodbye and watched as he drove the road, shortly out of sight.

I closed the door and turned around, noticing that the house to use a bit of a clean. I started in the kitchen and did the dishes, cleaned down the benches and cleaned up around the kitchen table. Once the kitchen was done I quickly vacuumed the living room and gave that a quick tidy up, by putting the pillows back on the couch and cleaning up after Theo and I.

Everything that I was cleaning up was from Theo and I and that made me miss him even more. He was good company and now it's just too quiet without him. I was satisficed with the living room and now there's just one room left. The room I've been trying to avoid entering and kind of hoping I still can. My bedroom.

I walked up the stairs and entered my room, looking at Theo's bed and smiling at the thought of him still being here. I went over to the bed and started taking off the pillows, getting read so I could put the bed away and clean my room up.

I went to take off the blanket, but I noticed a jumper on the end of his bed and it didn't belong to me. I put it up and as soon as I smelt it, I knew it belong to Theo. It had the same smell as him last night and it smelt nice.

"Why'd you have to leave?" I whispered to myself, sitting on his bed and resting my back of my bed. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged his jumper, trying to imagine what I would be doing right now if he was still here.