Chapter 47

After Theo finished his dinner and the movie was over, we went downstairs and did the dishes. Theo washed and I dried and put away the dishes. Once we finished the dishes, we grabbed a tub of ice-cream and went into the living room.

I sat down on the couch and started eating the ice-cream. As I began to eat, I felt something that I haven't felt in a long time. Happiness. I finally feel happy again, but not like I use to. I still have that constant fear of something bad happening, but when you live in Beacon Hills, that fear never really goes away. It stays with you forever.

"How you feeling?" Theo asked me, staring at my stomach where I had been shot.

"A lot better now. Still sore in some places, but I can barely feel a thing." I smiled, moving closer to him.

I put my spoon down and rested my head on his shoulder, wrapping my arm around his waist. I closed my eyes and listened to his heart beat, as it synced with his breaths. I felt his chest rise and fall, slowly. Calmly.

"You tired?" Theo asked me, running his hand through my hair.

"A little." I softly chuckled, raising my head, looking into his eyes.

"Go to bed, then. I'll quickly clean up and then I'll be right up there." He smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded my head and got up, going back to his bedroom. I turned around before entering his room, watching as he stood there, watching the ending of the film.

I smiled and entered his room, noticing a cool breeze as I walked in. I felt goosebumps rise all over my body, as another cool breeze hit me. I looked over to his window, and noticed his curtains flapping around, almost like they were dancing.

I shook my head and went over to his window, shutting it as I looked outside. From memory, when Theo and I left his room, his window was closed. And I don't remember him opening it at all. I closed his curtains and heard something behind me.

The floor boards creaking, as though someone was behind me. At first I didn't notice it, but I can hear another heartbeat. And I know it isn't Theo, because I can hear him in the kitchen. It also isn't someone I know, because I don't recognise their scent. Or maybe I do know them, I'm just not use to their scent.

I turned around, trying not to act like I knew someone was there. I couldn't see who it was, but there definitely was someone there. I took a deep breath in and tried to figure out who it was. I walked over to Theo's bed and started getting ready for bed, waiting for the person to move or say something.

"Th-" I began to yell out Theo's name, but stopped. At first I thought whoever it was in the corner, was here to hurt me. But he isn't.

Whoever it is. He's just as scared as I am. I took a slow step towards him, waiting for him to come towards me or make some sort of movement.

"Who are you?" I whispered, making my way towards the bedroom light.

Just before I could make it to the light, he stepped out into the moonlight. Once I saw who it was, rage filled up inside me. I wanted to hurt him so badly, yet at the same time, I wanted to know why he was here. Why he was in my boyfriends bedroom, waiting for one of us.

I watched as he walked closer to me, fear in his eyes. I clenched my jaw and fist, holding back the urge to punch him. The only thing holding me back, is knowing Theo is just down the hallway. The thought of him, holding me, hugging me, kissing me, whispering secrets into my ear. That's the only thing keeping me calm at this point.

"I know you probably hate me right now, I mean, I did shoot you and I'm sorry about that. But you need to hear me out." He whispered, sincere in his voice as he apologised.

I sighed and nodded, letting him know I would hear him out. I haven't forgiven him and I don't know if I will, but I'll at least hear him out. Listen to his pathetic excuse, as to why he did what he did.

"Go on then, Nolan. I'm listening." I told him, sitting on the bed as he began to explain.

I could hear his heart beat faster as he went to say what he said. He was scared to tell me, but he has too tell me. I sat up and stared into his eyes, trying to figure out what was going on through his mind. By the look in his eye, he seems damaged. Like, something or someone has done something to him and he can't handle it.

Maybe that's why he's here. Maybe he expects me to do something to someone, because I'm a werewolf. Or for all we know, maybe this is all just a trick. Maybe he's trying to gain my trust, just to backstab me and kill me and all my friends. One thing I've learnt from life; never trust someone who's tried to kill you. Multiple times.

"I need your help." After those words left his mouth, everything had changed.