Chapter 4

Last bell went and everyone ran out of class, relieved and excited that it was finally the weekend. Me on the other hand, I was just excited that I was going to spend time with Hayden. All during class I was telling Mason everything that happened with Hayden and how I feel like I completely misjudged Theo, but Mason actually seemed really happy about Hayden and me.

I'm not sure if it's because I yelled at him and now he feels bad, or if he genuinely means it, but even if he's faking it, that's all I ask from him. That he supports me or at least tells me I'm making a mistake. And I know he's already told me that Hayden and I wouldn't match and we shouldn't date, but that's only because she's played with my feelings, and hurt me so many times. Before any of that happened, Mason supported me and was happy for me, but then that started going down hill.

"I'll probably see you Saturday, if you come to Corey's party." Mason said, as I walked him to the bus. I'm normally on the bus with Mason, but every Friday I stay back and work on my lacrosse techniques, except this time I'm staying back to study with Hayden.

I told her that I was going to text her after school, so she could tell me where to meet her. I didn't know when to text her, if I was meant to do it straight away? Ten minutes after? Thirty minutes after the bell went? So, I decided to let her text me. I kept my phone in my hand at all times, checking it every two seconds. I was getting nervous, thinking maybe she stood me up or forgot that we were studying. I was tempted to text her, but then realised that bell only went ten minutes ago. I looked at Mason and saw he was staring at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Right, sorry, totally forgot. Yea, if my Mom and Dad let me, then I'll be there." I answered Mason's question, thinking about what I was doing this weekend. From memory, it was like most other weekends, I had nothing planned, so if I'm allowed I should be there.

"I just need to find a ride there." I smiled, thinking of all the people I could ask.

"Well I'm staying over at Corey's tonight, so I won't drive pass your house, but I can still pick you up if you need me to." He offered, making me smile.

"I have other people I can ask. I think." I told him, trying to think of other people I could ask. I thought about Scott, but I think he's doing something with Kira, Malia and Stiles this weekend. And I already know Lydia's busy, shopping this weekend with Allison, because she was talking about it most of last night.

"And who are those people?" Mason laughed, looking at me, as if he was saying; I'm your only friend and we all know that. "It's fine, Liam. I can come pick you up and drop you off if you need me to."

"I'll invite someone then, who has a car." I told Mason, kind of angry he thinks he's my only friend. "I know a couple of people with cars and know how to drive them. I'll ask one of them and if all of them reject me, but I mean who would, that's when I'll ask you." I told him, sounding kind of pissed off, and making sure I didn't hide it.

"Dude, I wasn't anything bad. I was just letting you know I'm fine with picking you up. No need to get pissed off." He rolled his eyes, making sure I was watching as he did it. "My bus is here. Text me if you need to be picked up. If not, I'll see you tomorrow." He waved, walking over to the bus and getting on.

Apart of me wanted to run over to him and apologise, but then another part of me wanted to wait for him to apologise. I waved goodbye as he sat on a seat in the bus and looked at me. He smiled and looked down at his phone, smiling even harder at something.

"Hey, Liam?" I heard a familiar voice, but couldn't put a face to it. I turned around, seeing Theo walking towards me, his facial expression looked worried. "Can I talk about to you? It's important, but it'll only take a minute or two." He asked me, rushing his sentence as he looked down at his phone.