Chapter 9

I woke up with the sun shining on my face, through a crack in my window. I let my eyes adjust to the bright light and noticed I wasn't on the couch anymore. I slowly sat up on my bed and looked on the ground, noticing that Theo wasn't in his bed. I rubbed my eyes and flopped back down onto my bed, coving my face with my hand to block out the sun. I could hear my door slowly opening, so I sat up and smiled, waiting for whoever it was to come in.

"You're awake, sleepyhead." Theo laughed, walking over to his bed and grabbing his phone. "You know it's like 11 o'clock."

"No, but I do know. What time did I go to sleep?" I asked him, rubbing my head.

"You didn't finish the movie, so around midnight. I had to carry you up here, so that was fun." He smiled, unlocking his phone and typing in something.

"How long have you been up and why didn't you wake me up? Have you have breakfast yet?" I asked him, hoping he hasn't been up to long.

"I woke up like two hours ago and your mum made me breakfast. She's a great cook." He informed me, putting his phone back down beside him. "Are you feeling okay, you don't look to happy."

"Yea, I'm fine. I'm not really a morning person." I told him, getting out of bed and walking over to my closet. "So, you still coming to the party with me tonight?" I asked him, taking out the first clean shirt I could find.

I quickly took off my shirt and put both my arms in the clean one, turning around to face Theo and waited for a reply. When I turned around, I noticed that Theo wasn't even paying attention to me. He was smiling at something on his phone, completely ignoring me.

I rolled my eyes and continued to put my shirt on. Once it was on, I grabbed a pair of socks and instead of putting them on, I threw them in Theo's direction. I was waiting for them to hit him and scare him, but instead the complete opposite happened. He caught them, almost like he knew I was going to throw them.

"How did you catch those?" I asked him, shocked. "I mean, you were so focused on your phone. How did you catch them?"

"I can see out the corner of my eyes, Liam. I'm not that stupid." He laughed, throwing them back to me. "And yea, I'm still coming." He smiled, putting his phone in his front pocket.

"Sweet." I whispered, sitting on the edge of my bed and putting on my socks. "Do you have anything to wear or do you want to borrow something from me?" I asked him, standing up.

"I have some nice clothes in my truck, so I'll wear them." He told me, standing up next to me. "What time are we leaving?"

"Well it ends at 2am and starts anywhere after 9pm, so I was thinking around 11:30pm. Is that good with you?" I asked him, making sure he was happy with that arrangement.

"Sounds perfect. Do you know anyone else who is going?" He asked me, biting the bottom of his lip.

I could smell it on him and just by the way he looked, I could tell he was anxious. I nodded and smiled, trying to make him feel better.

"They're all my friends and they're all super nice. I'll introduce you to them all." I told him, placing my hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to me nervous."

"Okay." He whispered, looking down at the ground. "But if I get to anxious, I might have to leave. I won't drive off without you, but I might just have to go for a walk. It helps me calm down." He informed me.

I just nodded and grabbed my phone, dialling in Mason's number and calling him. I waited for him to answer, but knowing him, he was probably to busy helping Corey get ready for the party. I was expecting to get his voicemail, but just before the last ring rung out, he picked up.