Chapter 51

I watched as Malia's eyes turned into the piercing blue, after you take an innocent persons life. Her teeth into fangs. Her nails into claws. I instantly looked at Nolan, making sure he didn't have a gun or something that he could use as a weapon. I took a breath out when I saw he didn't, but as soon as he looked at Malia all the colour in his face instantly drained.

I looked back at Malia as soon as I heard her low growl. I knew what was going to happen, so I know what I have to do.

"Malia!" I yelled, running in front of her as she jumped out in front of Nolan. "Malia. Stop, he isn't here to hurt anyone."

"He's right!" Nolan yelled, only making Malia angrier. "I came here to warn you guys. The hunters. They're coming here tonight."

I let go of Malia and turned around, hoping what he said wasn't true. I felt my shoulders drop as soon as I saw his face. He really does want to help, but like everyone agreed on. We can't just trust him straight away. He has to prove himself to us, sort of like he is now. Nolan looked at Malia and widened his eyes, obviously terrified of her. Don't blame him.

"I also need to give you this. It has all their plans on it and other stuff. I'm not sure what it has, but I know it has important stuff. I got it off of the main computer, the one that has literally everything on it." He handed a USB to Scott, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Thank you." Scott smiled, looking at the USB.

"You can leave now." Malia told him, watching as he slowly nodded. "Before I make you leave."

I wanted to say something to Malia and defend Nolan, but I've already tried to change her mind. I know Malia and I know as soon as she makes her mind up about someone, it's extremely hard to change her mind about them. Especially someone who's tried to hunt down her and all her friends and try to kill me multiple times.

I heard the door open and that's when I knew I couldn't leave things like this. He's going out of his way to help us, so I can't let him be treated like that. He's risking everything between him and the hunters and if they find out he's going behind their backs. Who knows what they'll do. I can't let someone get hurt from trying to help me.

"Nolan!" I yelled out, running outside before he left. "I just want to know the truth. Why are you helping us? Why risk everything withthe hunters, just to help us out? I don't get it." I asked him, wanting to knowexactly why he was doing it.

"I've already told you and what I said. It was the truth. I don't want to be a killer like them." He eyes were telling the truth, but as he said 'don't want to be a killer' his heart skipped a beat.

I wanted to ask him why he was lying, but I can't let him know that I know he's lying. This is what Malia and everyone else was talking about. We'll know if he's on our side or not and if he's not going to tell us the truth. Well, that just gives us more reason to not trust him.

I instantly thought about the USB and what could be on it. Is it actually their plans or are they fake and just a set up? I need to ask him, but I can't. I can't risk him knowing, if he's still on the hunters side. Especially when I'm out here all alone with him. I know everyone is only a couple metres away and they're all waiting for me in there, but I'm not taking another bullet. Not when he's this close to me and has a clean shot of my head.

"Thank you." I hesitantly said. "It really does mean a lot to us. You risking everything for us."

"No problem. I like being one of the good guys. It makes me feel... better about everything I've done." He smiled, looking me dead in the eye. "If we're going to trust each other and work together, there's something I need to tell you."

"Go for it." I quickly jumped in, intrigued with what he was about to say.

"This isn't easy to say, so I need you to promise me not to tell anyone. Not even Theo." As those words left his mouth, I already knew I couldn't make any promises.

One thing I know for sure, is that secrets always destroy relationships. I'm not willing to keep Nolan's secret, if it means I can't tell Theo.

"I can't do that, Nolan. I have to tell Theo every-" I began a new sentence, but before I could finish it, light started flashing me directly in the face.

I put my arm in front of my eyes, blocking out some of the light coming towards me. I looked up at Nolan and saw he was doing the same thing. I saw the fear in his eyes and his heart beating faster than it should be.

"Nolan, get inside!" I yelled over the engine revving. "Now!"

I watched as he started to move, but before he could get off the road, the car started speeding towards us. I dropped my arms and looked at Nolan, watching as everything started to move in slow motion. I took a deep breath in and ran over to Nolan, grabbing his arm and pushing him out of the way.

I heard as he fell to the ground, the sound of his groans as he lied there. I didn't care if I hurt him, just as long as he's out of the cars way. That's all I care about at this point. I looked back at the car and noticed how close it was to me. I didn't have time to move and even if I did, what's going to stop it from coming back? I'll heal and I know Nolan won't, so I have to do this.

I stood there, watching as the lights got closer, more blinding. I was expecting it to hit me any second, but then something else hit me. A person. It was really a hit, more of a push, like what I did to Nolan. I opened my eyes, right before I hit the ground, knowing quiet well what just happened.

I looked back at the car and saw someone else standing there. As soon as the car hit them, everything stopped. I couldn't feel my body, I couldn't feel my lungs pumping air in and out of my body, my eyes not able to close. I watched as the car slammed into him, not even slowing down for him.

"Theo!" I manage to yell out, watching as he laid there. Dead still.