Chapter 87

Once I was out of the shower, I got into some warm clothes and went over to the fire. Everyone was still getting ready and getting out of the shower, so it was just me and Isaac around the fire. I pulled out my phone and checked all my notifications, catching up on everything that I've missed out on.

Scott and Lydia are back at home, the funeral went well. My mum and dad are having a month off work to go travelling and to spend time with me, before I go back to school. Hayden is doing better now, she's over seas helping those in need. And Nolan hasn't been heard from for awhile now.

"So how did you meet Scott?" Isaac asked me, bringing me back into the real world.

"I had just moved there, almost died and then the only way Scott could save me was by biting me. So then I was his Beta and things just kind of went on from there. I didn't believe anything he was saying about me being a werewolf, I then turned for the first time ever and almost killed them, then I almost got killed and then ever since then I've suck with him." I explained to him, laughing at how crazy it all sounded.

"That's Scott for ya," he slightly laughed, finally putting his phone down. "Always trying to protect everyone and hold back on things because it might hurt someone. Even though the only person he's truly hurting is himself."

I want to laugh or make a joke at what he just said, but the look in his eyes showed how hurt he was. Hurt about Scott not being able to do something? Or holding back on something? Or maybe just at the fact that he only ever looks out for everyone else, and never himself.

I wanted to say something to deflect the awkward tension that was forming between us, but thankfully I didn't have to. Good old Stiles coming to the rescue of breaking up awkward silences.

"Who wants some?" Stiles asked us, holding up a can of beer. I nodded and put my hands up, ready to catch the beer.

Isaac nodded as well, catching the beer and drinking. I opened up mine and took a sip, trying to hold back my face of disgust. Whatever Stiles had brought out here, it wasn't good. Tasted like shit but then again, beer is beer.

"What are you drinking?" Theo asked me, furrowing his eyebrows as he tried to read the label. I handed it to him to allow him to try it.

"Wow.... that's something new." He told me, smacking his lips together. "Stiles bring this here?"

I nodded slowly and took back my beer, taking another sip. It wasn't that the beer was that bad, it was just more so the after taste that lingered in your mouth. Almost like a stain, but eventually went away.

We all sat there for about another hour, just drinking and talking about random shit. It was Ethan and Jackson's night to cook and by all the noise that's coming from the kitchen, doesn't sound like much progress it getting made. Neither of them really know how to cook, so we were all setting ourselves up for disaster letting them cook together.

"Dinner is served." Ethan finally came out, looking exhausted and like he'd been working for 24 hours none stop.  "No matter what it taste like, just say it taste amazing."

I looked over at Theo, almost concerned. Ethan walked around to everyone, passing them a bowl of food. It smelt really refreshing and good, making my mouth water. He handed me a bowl and I thanked him, looking down at what they had cooked for us.

I looked around at everyone else, watching as the poked and stirred their food around and I honestly don't blame them. It's not that it looks bad or anything, it just looks like something a human shouldn't eat. I looked at everyone, seeing if anyone had taken a bite yet, but it seemed that nobody had.

I took a breath in and placed the spoon in my mouth, chewing on whatever it was that was in my mouth. I looked down at the bowl again, confused as to what the flavours where. What was actually in it and why it looked like shit, but tasted amazing.

"What is this?" I asked Ethan, taking another mouthful. "It's actually really nice."

"Thank you. And it's pretty simple, it's just camp stew. So vegetable, meat, potatoes and then the sauce which is just chicken and beef stock mixed together!" He told me, seeming excited that someone actually liked it.

I took another sip of my beer and then continued on with my dinner, not saying much as I stuffed the food into my mouth. Isaac was still pretty quiet and Malia still hasn't spoken much. Stiles seems a lot more happier and back to his normal self, but he also has a lot of alcohol in him right now. Along with Mason, who keeps laughing at everything and seems to be more annoying than usual.

"I can't believe it's almost the end to another year. One of the hardest years of out life for sure, but look at us. We've still managed to survive. And yes, I do know that we have lost people along the way, but we've also gained so much," Stiles spoke up, starting a conversation up with everyone. "Liam, you found what seems to be like the love of your life. Theo, you're now part of a pack. Mason and Corey are happier than ever and Jackson, Ethan and Isaac are all back!"

"I think that enough talking," Malia finally spoke, cracking a smile as she looked at Stiles.

"I get what you're saying though, Stiles. Even though this year was hard for us all in our own different ways, it was also pretty amazing. And the fact that we can still go on with our lives, living it day by day... that just shows us how strong we truly are." Theo continued on, getting onto the more deeper side of the conversation.

"Just as long as we stick together," Corey added in, giving a soft smile to everyone.

"I wanna stick to you!" Mason yelled, making everyone laugh.

I looked over at my best friend, only now just realising at how gone he really was. I don't even know how much he had to drink, but it was enough to get him drunk. Stiles looked like he was getting there, but he defiantly wasn't there yet.

I also noticed that Corey and Malia aren't drinking, but I guess when you have a human for a partner, you have to keep an eye out for them. I looked over to Malia, noticing that she was still smiling from before. It all came out of nowhere, like she was in a trance but somehow broke out of it. It was nice to see her smile again for once, almost forgot what it looked like on her.

"Lets put on some music!" Stiles yelled, his words slowly starting to slur.

He connected his phone to the speakers and started playing his music. Some of the songs were good and then the others were just shit, but we still danced and sang along to all of them. Theo and I sort of excluded ourselves from everyone and had our own little corner to dance in, whilst everyone else danced together.

By the 15th song in, Mason was far from gone and Stiles was finally drunk. Malia was jumping around and singing, Jackson had gone to bed for some reason, Ethan was dancing with Malia and Mason and Corey were doing the salsa for some reason.

I look a second to embrace this moment, to actually take time and appreciate it all.  None of us are perfect and we don't have the best life, but we all have each other and that's all that matters to us. That no matter what, we'll always be there for one another.

I smiled as I watched everyone do their own thing, dancing to the music and just jumping around, doing whatever it is that they wanted. I looked up at Theo and smiled, closing my eyes as he pulled me in foe a hug. I hugged him back tighter almost like I never planned on letting him go.

"I love you," he whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"I love you more," I replied, getting on my tippy toes to reach his lips.

I connected our lips and moved with the music, opening my mouth slightly to intensify the kiss. I ran my hands through his hand, pulling on it slightly. I smiled into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck to release some pressure in my legs.

And just when I thought nothing could go wrong, when I thought that everything was only going to get better... my phone vibrated.